Reo P 67 prototype

Status
Not open for further replies.

redeyedancer

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Maine
I am still in the testing stage this is by no means a finished product I still have some work to do on this mod .
Your grand doors will work with this mod .I thought I would share with you folks were I am at with the project . The on off switch is not built in the button on this mod I don't have it installed as of yet . The button is delrin I may end up with a aluminum button still not sure.

redeyedancer

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Maine
Looking real good rob! With a 22mm atty does the door have clearance to slide up?
I never understood why that could matter . The door is suppose to be pulled out the bottom of the mod . I have given it some thought make the 510 off center so the door will slide up seems strange to me . If some that want it this way could convince me why its a good thing I can certainly move it so the door will slide up with a 22 mm atty

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
I never understood why that could matter . The door is suppose to be pulled out the bottom of the mod . I have given it some thought make the 510 off center so the door will slide up seems strange to me . If some that want it this way could convince me why its a good thing I can certainly move it so the door will slide up with a 22 mm atty
I think it would look weird if the attie was overhanging off the back.

redeyedancer

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Maine
I think it would look weird if the attie was overhanging off the back.
It wouldn't hang off the back but to make it so you can pull the door up with a 22 mm atty I would need to make the 510 connection off center . I don't get it I never have . One can simply pull the door out the bottom . It is how I intended the door to be removed from the beginning

redeyedancer

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Maine
How does the size compare to the 2015 Woodvils?
My camera batteries are charging I will post a pic tomorrow smaller of course . It feels smaller then a grand but its not . Its 1.9 wide x .95 thick same height as a grand if you remove the grands juice well 3.4 in

pennysmalls

Squonkmeister
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2013
Indiana
Very interesting. It's like a metal Grand/2015 Wood hybrid. I don't mind the boxy-ness of the current metals but I can see how some might like the ergonomics of this one. I do love the side button on my 2015 wood so I do think the side button is a big ole' plus and the idea of doing the buttons in aluminum is a good one. And current doors will work with this, I see no down side.

K31Scout

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2014
Northern MI USA
Actually I can raise the door on my SL Reo Grand LP with my 22mm RM8 Derringer and RM9 Vector. I have a 22mm Magma that won't allow it. Sometimes if I fidget I like to slide the door up and down to hear the snick of the magnets otherwise I don't care.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread