The Great American Smokeout Plus Obama's Message

Status
Not open for further replies.

windwalker

Unregistered Supplier
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan USA
www.akstonhughes.com
Okay, so today: November 17th, 2011 is the Great American Smokeout, and good ole President Obama has come forward with a lovely little PSA...

President Obama: Congratulations to Everyone Taking Part in Today's Great American Smokeout | The White House

Today, at 12:45 EST there is going to be a nifty little live chat with Kathleen Sebelius the Secretary of Health and Human Services about the topic... I'd love to see some e-cig questions make the stage, any one can attend, and anyone can ask questions...

That being said, being that today is the Great American Smokeout, how about we vapors launch a little "No Smoker Left Behind" effort where we make a little extra effort today to share with our Analog Smoking Friends how much vaping has done for us...

I mean, no need to be a sales person or preachy, just tell the truth - We Like vaping better than smoking... It's not quitting if you are just switching to something better!

sppowers

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2011
Boston
I still can not believe he sits in the oval office...:glare:

=O.jpg

:2c:

windwalker

Unregistered Supplier
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan USA
www.akstonhughes.com
Well I attended the live meeting, and they ignored my ecig questions...

Which is understandable, because there were at least 5 other people attending the live chat and a grand total of 7 questions (including mine) were asked, so it's easy to see how the e-cig topic could get missed in an avalanche of 7 questions...

Are they trying to get people to quit smoking or not? The e-cig has proven in clinical trials to be hands down the most effective technique available in the world...

If quality control is the issue, or long term benefits, we need to fast track the research and manufacturing process... HHS is spending $118 million dollars to study smokers' habits, simultaneously we've got reams of data showing how promising e-cigs are... $2-$5 million is all it would take to get a comprehensive government backed study completed...

If the device, as the UOC study shows is 30% effective in producing abstinence - it stands to save literally hundreds of thousands of lives each year... The HHS has allocated $412 million dollars to tobacco enforcement for 2012, and $118 million to research, and made a promise to fasttrack R&D and grants on Reduced Risk Products...

So what the heck is going on when they won't even answer a question on the topic?

sppowers

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2011
Boston
Well I attended the live meeting, and they ignored my ecig questions...

Which is understandable, because there were at least 5 other people attending the live chat and a grand total of 7 questions (including mine) were asked, so it's easy to see how the e-cig topic could get missed in an avalanche of 7 questions...

Are they trying to get people to quit smoking or not? The e-cig has proven in clinical trials to be hands down the most effective technique available in the world...

If quality control is the issue, or long term benefits, we need to fast track the research and manufacturing process... HHS is spending $118 million dollars to study smokers' habits, simultaneously we've got reams of data showing how promising e-cigs are... $2-$5 million is all it would take to get a comprehensive government backed study completed...

If the device, as the UOC study shows is 30% effective in producing abstinence - it stands to save literally hundreds of thousands of lives each year... The HHS has allocated $412 million dollars to tobacco enforcement for 2012, and $118 million to research, and made a promise to fasttrack R&D and grants on Reduced Risk Products...

So what the heck is going on when they won't even answer a question on the topic?

In all seriousness they most likely want to stay away from the topic due to the FDA. Anything not approved and controlled is not worth touching.

windwalker

Unregistered Supplier
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan USA
www.akstonhughes.com
The FDA and HHS made a commitment to support R&D, provide grants, and fast track new Reduced Harm products...

We've got big Pharma pushing suicide pills down our throats and Big Tobacco pushing 5000+ chems at us...

The FDA is supposed to be here to protect us, if they fail that, they fail in their charter. No device ever created has more potential to save lives than the e-cig.

Literally, it is our number 1 weapon in preventable cancer, and our number 1 weapon against smoking related illness and death - the HHS / FDA have a made a commitment to support the Reduced Harm Industry as it develops market safe products...

They have an obligation, both moral and professional, to honor their commitment...

I'm sick and tired of America fighting wars with no intention of winning.
I don't like war, but I think if you're gonna fight, you should deliver a whooping as quickly as possible...
You should never fight if you have no intention of winning...

They declared War on Smoking, and the E-Cig is the Atomic Bomb in that war.
They need to fund the studies, drop the bomb, and move on to the next topic...

windwalker

Unregistered Supplier
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan USA
www.akstonhughes.com
Awesome Post Tumbleweed! I went an commented straight away...

Amidst the stories of how hard it is to quit, so many people talking about how easy it was to finally quit with an e-cig,it's just awesome!

All my smoking friends ask me about it because as HHS said: "70% of people who smoke want to quit" . . .

Every opportunity I get to share my experience, I take it. I feel a sense of moral duty because I was one of those people who tried EVERYTHING available to help me quit...

E-Cigs changed my life - improved my marriage, increased my health, stamina, focus, and vitality all at once...

I encourage everyone who reads this to take a moment and visit the link Tumbleweed shared above and tell their story in an effort to help our brothers and sisters still stuck with the Analog Devices of the last century...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread