Status
Not open for further replies.

Haktuspit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Feb 13, 2013
    Denver, CO
    Well guys I've signed every petition, written every letter. I need something to do on a daily basis that feels productive for vaping. Seeing one guy in particular that tracks down every source of misinformation he finds and tweets/FB's a message and the pack is out in full force with facts, knowledge and negative reviews.

We can't let these agencies get away with all of this misinformation. Let's join the pack!

Here's today's agency that needs a kick in the ..... Feel free to add to this whenever you find some agency/quitting group spewing misinformation that needs a little correcting with their science.

Tobacco Free St. Louis | Facebook

Tobacco Free StL (@tobaccofreestl) | Twitter

If you're not on social media send out the news articles you find that are misleading, they have comments sections more people read than the actual articles!

I've heard a lot of people say that we don't have the non-vapers opinion on our side. Let's be as respectful to everyone out there as we are to each other on here while hitting the misinformation head on and maybe we can start to change that.

bigdancehawk

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 27, 2010
    Kansas City, Missouri
    Well guys I've signed every petition, written every letter. I need something to do on a daily basis that feels productive for vaping. Seeing one guy in particular that tracks down every source of misinformation he finds and tweets/FB's a message and the pack is out in full force with facts, knowledge and negative reviews.

We can't let these agencies get away with all of this misinformation. Let's join the pack!

Here's today's agency that needs a kick in the ..... Feel free to add to this whenever you find some agency/quitting group spewing misinformation that needs a little correcting with their science.

If you're not on social media send out the news articles you find that are misleading, they have comments sections more people read than the actual articles!

I've heard a lot of people say that we don't have the non-vapers opinion on our side. Let's be as respectful to everyone out there as we are to each other on here while hitting the misinformation head on and maybe we can start to change that.
    Their website mirrors the condition of their minds: completely blank.

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 12, 2014

What I do is search google news and look for stories where comments are allowed and I have something useful to say.

Reactions: Haktuspit

YoursTruli

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 27, 2012
    Ohio

TFStL just shared that post from the American Lung Association, they are the one who is putting out this BS and should be the target and there are only 3 whole comments on that article!
    July 7th updated Aug 9th
    Popcorn Lung: A Dangerous Risk of Flavored E-Cigarettes

Haktuspit

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Feb 13, 2013
    Denver, CO
    That happened.JPG

So this actually happened. His comment was longer, I'm surprised it's still up. On the FDA's FB page but I'm not sure I can post a respectful comment right now. Maybe someone else can?

Racehorse

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 12, 2012
    USA midwest
    TFStL just shared that post from the American Lung Association, they are the one who is putting out this BS and should be the target and there are only 3 whole comments on that article!
    July 7th updated Aug 9th
    Popcorn Lung: A Dangerous Risk of Flavored E-Cigarettes

So wait.........you are saying that flavorings that do contain Diacetyls (and some do), Acetyl Proprianol, and Triacetin ARE safe?

Dr. Farsalinos called them "inhalation risks".

He also said there is no research to prove that these substances in cigs or e-cigs "cause" popcorn lung, but felt that perhaps this was often mis-diagnosed as COPD.

Nobody has ever gotten popcorn lung, per se, from smoking OR vaping. That is true enough. But I'm not going to go out in public and say that food flavorings are "entirely safe to inhale". Because I don't believe they are. We don't KNOW for sure, right?

At any rate, so many words, too many words, nobody is going to change anyone's mind. However, a happy place to be would be if both sides would just concentrate on this: Vaping is harm reduction.

Not sure why it has always been necessary to use 10,000 words to express a very simple concept........and one that is true. That nobody can really argue with.

I think all the splitting hairs, instead of just repeating the ONE TRUE THING WE KNOW, is just too much noise-to-signal ratio. I have felt for years that if we just kept repeating that simple phrase, a lot more people would "get it."

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread