The "How much I've spent on E-Cigs Banner"

Status
Not open for further replies.

thenut

ECF Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
New Hampshire
Lol! I'll bet you thought you'd see one when you clicked on the thread title, right? :D
Anyway, I just happened to run across an older thread where someone was asking how they could get one of those banners in their sig that said: "10 months and 3 days since my last Cigatette, Saved $2,350.00 so far, avoided 9,637 Analogs".
Eventually, somebody else chimed in and said something to the effect of: "Yeah, but that doesn't show how much you've spent on e-cig stuff".
I really couldn't help but laugh...because I've thought the same thing. I'm still very new to this, and now well into my fourth week without a single analog. (And this from a 2+ pack a day habit of many, many years). I honesty couldn't be any happier I found the e-cig, not to mention this forum.

But I've got to tell you. I started out with a very simple and inexpensive Joye 510 starter kit, because I didn't want to spend much in the event that I failed to quit analogs. (Which I was convinced would be the case).
Well, In a matter of less than a month, I'm already up to $290.43...This from since buying a couple of eGo batteries, cartos, attys, Juices up the ying yang, syringes, drip tips, power adapters of various types, carrying cases...well, you get the idea.
Just like I did with analogs, I don't go do anything in moderation...I always jump in with both feet.
I can see the fancy mods coming any time now. Hehe.

The good news is, I'm pretty much set now with enough stuff to last me at least a couple of months, and I've already about broke even with the money I've saved on analogs, so the rest is gravy from here on out. ;-)
I love this Forum, but at the same time it's a curse. I've already created an account with 6 different vendors, because every time a member here posts a link to a new juice, a fancy new cartomizer, or what ever, I've just got to have one! LOL!

For me, this is far more of an enjoyable addiction than analogs could ever be, but in my case, boy is it ever an addiction...boys and their toys.
Now if youll excuse me, I've got to get working on my new banner that will eventually say:
"1 year, 10 months, and 3 days since my last Cigarette, saved $3,850.00 so far, avoided 12,760 Analogs, vaping for 1 year, 10 months, and 3 days, $5,954.00 spent so far, accounts with 37 different vendors, and three closets full of e-cigs and supplies". :p

Last edited:

Maximillian

ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2011
Nebraska
Heyas thenut,

I know exactly what you mean. Only started 2 weeks ago, have accts with 4 different vendors and spent ~$500 :p

I was REALLY doing ok keeping my hunting (spending) nature in check until I decided to order from a company that ships from china. The prices were so great that I just kept adding and adding. Only reason the order was <$300 is because they have a 10% off your entire order sale :p

Hope you regret your new addiction as little as I do! :toast:

Live long and vapor
Maximillian the Vaguely Disreputable

Wingapo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2011
Taos, NM
Just you guys wait until you take that fateful step into the world of mods. Let me just suggest a few for y'all to look into to help prepare you for what's in store: REO, GLV, Precise, GG, Provari, Darwin and Galileo to name a few of the more dependable ones, there are others, many others. And then there are the tanks; Torpedo, Liquinator, Big Daddy, JonBoy, Storm, Notta and on and on. Then come the rebuildable atomizers that you just know will save you $ in the long run; Bulli-Smoker A2/A2-T/A2-MegaT, GG iAtty, ScubaGen, Genesis, Genesis LV, Genesis Mini, Line Genesis, A.R.T., RTA & RDA, MarkT, G1 and on and on. Don't forget now this is just a taste of what is in store for you and your bank accounts as your addiction grows and develops. You'll know you're completely hopeless and helpless and in need of serious psychological treatment when you take the leap into the world of mods, especially when you can justify getting a GG SSTS with a UFS or iAtty to top it off. Be warned!

Last edited:

Wingapo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2011
Taos, NM
I hear REO's are big in New Orleans:) Laissez les bons temps rouler!

If you really care to see what's in store for us all look into Col. Gaunt and his collection. He's been vaping longer than most anyone around these parts and is a good look into what could be in store for all of us one day.

Last edited:

inga

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2011
australia
3 weeks in, I just own a 510, and you will not break me! :laugh:

a little voice is going to start whispering in your ear just when you are at that point between sleep and waking.......

reoooooooooooooo..........glveeeeeeeeeeeeeeee..............come on.... the perfect vape is waiting for you out there..........

and then you're sunk :)

Theken

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2011
Gilbert, Arizona
I didn't make the switch to save a few bucks. I am currently on day 10 (far less than you) without a single analog. I can smell things differently and things taste differently. I no longer snore (my gf loves that), I no longer need my cpap machine (who would have thought). I have dropped nearly $400 in my e-cig setup and would have gladly dropped $4,000 for the chance at a healthier life. I smoked 2+ packs per day and could care less about the money, I might not die before I hit 50 now... that is worth all the money I have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread