The Innokin iTaste VV V3 owners group

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbzcar

Sep 26, 2013
Texas
Anybody else having any issues when adding a ego cone to cover up the threads. I use a mini vivi tank and when I used the ego cone it will not read the load

I have no issues using either my ProTank II or my wife's ProTank with the "beauty ring" on my VV v3.0.... Top heavy, for sure, but they work perfectly.

Pinggolfer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2013
The Clemson Tigers State
I'm getting a lot braver when using my e-cig out in public. At first my son and I went to the e-cigs the same day and we play golf together every Wednesday. After golf we went into the clubhouse for a beer and used our e-cigs. Then it was the eGo battery and throw away clearo. Now that I have the Mini ProTanks and Evods on either my C-twist battery or my pride and joy iTaste I'm became a bit hesitant when by myself in public to vape with it.

I got those looks as if I was using a high tech crack pipe. Now in this past two weeks I have used it in several restaurant/bars and no one has said a word. My wife who never smoked a day in her life encourages me to use it and if someone asks about it she is the first to say what it is and how great it works.

Is vaping in public a issue or was it a issue you have now overcome?

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Perhaps just lucky here, as the pacific northwest seems to be a "hot bed" of vaping, at least in my area. So it's becoming less of an eye-catching pursuit. Seems like every "roll your own cheap cigs" place is now stocking at least some of the basics, and there have been probably half a dozen dedicated B&Ms open up in the last year.

So it might just be the luck of the draw.

But a lot depends, imo, on you. How comfortable you feel. Of course, the local "environment" will affect that!

But go to CASAA's site, and download some of their literature to keep on hand. The trifold is especially good, although a bit large to just keep in a pocket. Or the "business card", handy to have on hand as a brief explanation of what you're up to.

Joie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2012
Illinois
I live in Illinois and Unfortunately here they consider vaping smoking and smoking is banned in ALL indoor places. My boss lets me vape at my desk in my office...but that is because they are soooooo happy I quit smoking.
Other that here.....and home of course...there is nowhere indoors to vape here.
I have thought about testing it out in a bar or something but not sure where that will land me!!!!

Pinggolfer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2013
The Clemson Tigers State
I live in Illinois and Unfortunately here they consider vaping smoking and smoking is banned in ALL indoor places. My boss lets me vape at my desk in my office...but that is because they are soooooo happy I quit smoking.
Other that here.....and home of course...there is nowhere indoors to vape here.
I have thought about testing it out in a bar or something but not sure where that will land me!!!!

The first bar I tested mine out was in NC and it was a sports bar, it was easy to do there as there were 3 others vaping at that time. I reside in SC where cigarette smoking isn't frown upon by most people so vaping isn't much of a issue. Within 10 miles of my home there are 6 B&M vape stores and all are doing well.

twgbonehead

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2011
MA, USA
So you prefer the clearo's over the cartos? Good to know. The one iClear 16 I had leaked, plus it gurgled I'm sure from leaking. I would give them a try again as I could have just had a lemon. Did you clean it first before using and if so how? I also noticed how super tight the end cap was put on. No way could I use my hand to remove it.

I have used the iclear 16 (and the CE4) and thought both were fine. Just got in some BCC's (from FT) and like them a lot better. (Still have to try a genisys style!) Never tried carto tanks, but always hated cartos, always either too soggy, or too dry/burnt, sometimes both at once! I think cartos take a lot of technique to get them to work well. YMMV.

Eddit:
By BCC's, I mean these:
https://www.fasttech.com/products/1369401

Still not 100% on the TLA's!

Last edited:

Pinggolfer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2013
The Clemson Tigers State
I have used the iclear 16 (and the CE4) and thought both were fine. Just got in some BCC's (from FT) and like them a lot better. (Still have to try a genisys style!) Never tried carto tanks, but always hated cartos, always either too soggy, or too dry/burnt, sometimes both at once! I think cartos take a lot of technique to get them to work well. YMMV.

Eddit:
By BCC's, I mean these:
https://www.fasttech.com/products/1369401

Still not 100% on the TLA's!

I'm not seeing the cartos in my future. Seems to me the clearomizers work well, taste good, and easy to maintain. After my first starter kit I went right to the Evod's and Mini ProTanks all BCC's.

Nailz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jun 6, 2013
    Wichita, KS
    I'm not seeing the cartos in my future. Seems to me the clearomizers work well, taste good, and easy to maintain. After my first starter kit I went right to the Evod's and Mini ProTanks all BCC's.

I am still going to use the iclear 16's, but my aspire bottom dual coil clearomizer turned up today, it is a 2.4mil clearo, so bigger than the iclear 16, but is still about the same width of the itaste v3, so doesn't look strange. I will say I am really liking the BDC, I wanted to try the BDC due to using a thicker 50/50 juice and getting the odd burn vape from the iclear 16, been chain vaping with this new BDC and no burning at all and I think the flavor is slightly better too.

Like said I will still use the iclear 16's, as are cheaper and still a good clearo, but the Aspire BDC does have the edge as far as performance. I can't take a picture of the setup right now to show how it looks, but will add one later.

Pinggolfer

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 28, 2013
    The Clemson Tigers State
    I am still going to use the iclear 16's, but my aspire bottom dual coil clearomizer turned up today, it is a 2.4mil clearo, so bigger than the iclear 16, but is still about the same width of the itaste v3, so doesn't look strange. I will say I am really liking the BDC, I wanted to try the BDC due to using a thicker 50/50 juice and getting the odd burn vape from the iclear 16, been chain vaping with this new BDC and no burning at all and I think the flavor is slightly better too.

Like said I will still use the iclear 16's, as are cheaper and still a good clearo, but the Aspire BDC does have the edge as far as performance. I can't take a picture of the setup right now to show how it looks, but will add one later.

Sure post picture of setup. Are the coils expensive?

Nailz

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jun 6, 2013
    Wichita, KS
    Here is a picture of it on the itaste

WlrOe1t.jpg

5 pack of coils cost me $10.95 from myfreedomsmokes.com, so not badly priced at all :)

chrismikehead

ECF Veteran
    Aug 19, 2013
    Kansas City, MO
    Nice shot of that Aspire - it does resemble the Mini Pro Tank.

I may have to try an iClear 16 at some point. I picked up a T3s shortly after I started and went all Kanger bottom coil very soon after. I know I should branch out, but having four clearos (2 T3s, an EVOD, and a Mini PT 2) that can all use the same heads and work well is just so darn easy.

Have I mentioned they look really good on the itaste vv before?

Pinggolfer

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 28, 2013
    The Clemson Tigers State
    Anyone rebuilt their t3s/evod/protank with microcoils and cotton yet. I've tried an few and it works great, seems to kill the battery a lot quicker though even at 2.4ohms

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

I only do the dry burns and replace the flavor wick. I can get a few extra weeks out of a coil by doing the dry burns, but I'm not into rewiring the coil.

Joie

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 7, 2012
    Illinois
    I only do the dry burns and replace the flavor wick. I can get a few extra weeks out of a coil by doing the dry burns, but I'm not into rewiring the coil.

same here.....lots easier than hoping I have done a coil correctly.....and save a ton of money....it's as far as I need to go with these as cheap as they are.

Nailz

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jun 6, 2013
    Wichita, KS
    Nice shot of that Aspire - it does resemble the Mini Pro Tank.

I may have to try an iClear 16 at some point. I picked up a T3s shortly after I started and went all Kanger bottom coil very soon after. I know I should branch out, but having four clearos (2 T3s, an EVOD, and a Mini PT 2) that can all use the same heads and work well is just so darn easy.

Have I mentioned they look really good on the itaste vv before?

I thought about the protank mini, but with only 1.5mil capacity, not enough for me, the aspire is not much wider than the itaste, but it is 2.4mil, so decent capacity in a compact size.

Pinggolfer

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 28, 2013
    The Clemson Tigers State
    same here.....lots easier than hoping I have done a coil correctly.....and save a ton of money....it's as far as I need to go with these as cheap as they are.

I'm sure I'd spend more money on making bad coils then buying new ones. About a month ago Sun Vapers had a sale on Kanger 5 pack coils for only $4.99 a pack, so I ordered 6 packs. 3 of the 2.2 ohm and 3 of the 2.5 ohm.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread