The Innokin iTaste VV V3 owners group

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shopan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2013
Thebestcityintheworld,USA
Thanks for the Thread...I have 2 of these great things and I Love that they do Not Roll!! I wish it had a Floating pin though as I need a 510 to 510 to connect any rba from FT, but...the passthrough and the 800mha, and the fact that it is vv/vw is why I hope more people like me make it their first device...

State O' Flux

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
Seattle
6 hours and you are not a expert? Shame on you. LOL
We may have to revoke her Man, ah... Girl Card.
wink.gif

Nailz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jun 6, 2013
    Wichita, KS
    Had my itaste v3 for a few weeks and is my main home device now, and going to be ordering my wife the chameleon one next week, as she has used mine a few times and really likes it.

My only complaint is the retractable usb cable, when 1st got it, thought the cable was really thin and wondered how durable it was, seems I was right as my cable stopped charging the battery a few days ago, seems a bad connection on the end that connects to the battery, lucky it is the same as cell phone charger, so not really a big problem.

Capt.shay

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 10, 2013
    W. Ma. U.S.A.
    I have the MVP and love it and am thinking about grabbing one of its little sister. My main concern is will it run a Kanger T-2 without a 510-ego connector? I have to use one on my MVP and don't mind so much as it mostly stays at home and the extra height does not bother me but I want to use the iTaste as a walk around and that extra 3/4 of an inch and that much more leverage on the clearo would be a problem for me.

Pinggolfer

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 28, 2013
    The Clemson Tigers State
    I have the MVP and love it and am thinking about grabbing one of its little sister. My main concern is will it run a Kanger T-2 without a 510-ego connector? I have to use one on my MVP and don't mind so much as it mostly stays at home and the extra height does not bother me but I want to use the iTaste as a walk around and that extra 3/4 of an inch and that much more leverage on the clearo would be a problem for me.

The iTaste VV v-3 express kit comes with a 510 and Ego connector built into it. You can use the T-2 since it has a Ego thread. I use my Evod's and Mini Protank 2's on my iTaste.

Capt.shay

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 10, 2013
    W. Ma. U.S.A.
    The iTaste VV v-3 express kit comes with a 510 and Ego connector built into it. You can use the T-2 since it has a Ego thread. I use my Evod's and Mini Protank 2's on my iTaste.

The MVP has ego threading as well but just does not allow proper air flow with the T-2. That is why I was hoping some one has or will try a T-2 specifically. This is my ADV and is a deal breaker for me if I have to futz with an adaptor. I'm itching to hit "add to order" but will not buy it until I'm sure that it will run my favorite clearo.

State O' Flux

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 17, 2013
    Seattle
    I just don't get how some toppers don't work on Innokin batteries. There's nothing (OK... I don't use T2s to be honest ;) )... nothing I've screw'd on a 3.0 that doesn't work. RBAs, every clearo, carto (and tank), glasso... everything. As long as it's about 1.3Ω or better, it will run.
    If anything, I find that most eGo threaded clearos are too airy (for me) and I have to "sleeve" the bases to cover 1-2 of the holes.

Saying that, I honestly don't use clearos much anymore. Carto tanks and iClear 30s are usually my topper of choice for any VW device. Speaking of any VW device... I've yet to have something not work on any MVP, MVP2 and SVD.

Pinggolfer

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 28, 2013
    The Clemson Tigers State
    I found this on the site where I purchased my second iTaste. It might be helpful information.

Smart, stylish, innovative and packed with features, the Innokin iTaste V3 Express Kit represents a whole new approach to vaping! The unique and elegant square design is manufactured to the highest standards by Innokin and has received great reviews since it's launch. The iTaste V3 Express Kit features a standard 510 connection w/eGo threads making it compatible with just about any tank/cartomizer with a 510 or eGo connection thus offering truly versatile performance!

This superb device is much more than just a battery and comes packed with useful features. It has a powerful 800 mAh polymer li-ion pass through battery design with the voltage adjustable at the press of a button in one volt increments from 3.3-5v, with the voltage displayed on a high quality mirror finish LCD display. Not only that, but the iTaste can measure and detect the resistance of just about any cartomizer and will suggest the optimum voltage range that should be used for best results and display the relevant information on the LCD screen - take the guesswork out of variable voltage vaping and find the sweet spot for any device with ease!

The new power feature introduced with the V3 is variable wattage mode. This is the first device of this compact size to offer variable wattage from 6-11 watts in .5 increments. Once you set your desired wattage level, no matter what resistance atomizer you attach, the iTase V3 will adjust the output automatically.

And the features don't stop there, it also is equipped with a puff counter to monitor intake and measure the performance of the battery or your chosen cartomizer, a colour changing power button that indicates the remaining battery life, short circuit protection with 10 second cut off to prevent accidental discharge, 3 click on/off deactivation and pass through charging technology that allows you to charge the unit while vaping. Everything you need to enjoy your favourite flavour in your preferred tank/cartomizer and obtain optimum performance!

Last edited:

Skenzer

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 31, 2013
    West MI
    Received mine today....VV V3 in Chameleon. Loving it so far and the color is beautiful....and I'm a dude. :2cool:
    I do have a question regarding the wattage though. I understand how to set Volts but how do I know what wattage to use if I decide to set it by watts instead of volts?
    I have a chart for Ohms/Volts and i generally go by that...but am clueless with the wattage settings.
    Thanks everyone...and good to see a thread for us iTaste VV's. Innokin is making some great products these days.

State O' Flux

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 17, 2013
    Seattle
    Received mine today....VV V3 in Chameleon. Loving it so far and the color is beautiful....and I'm a dude. :2cool:
    I do have a question regarding the wattage though. I understand how to set Volts but how do I know what wattage to use if I decide to set it by watts instead of volts?
    I have a chart for Ohms/Volts and i generally go by that...but am clueless with the wattage settings.
    Thanks everyone...and good to see a thread for us iTaste VV's. Innokin is making some great products these days.
    If you're using a typical 2.0Ω+/- single coil atty - 7.5-8.5W is a good starting point. If it tastes weak, go up, if it tastes burnt, go down. The microprocessor will adjust the voltage based on maximum wattage setting and the sensed atty resistance.

State O' Flux

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 17, 2013
    Seattle
    Thanks, Appreciate your fast reply. I did some reading and I think I understand it a little better now too. Sounds like using the variable wattage gives you a little more control and the unit will automatically adjust the volts, which sounds like a good deal for me. Thanks again
    Yep... not exactly "set it and forget it"... but not far off. With the 2.0Ω carto tanks I usually run on my 3.0, or any other VW device for that matter, I leave them at 8.0w and they taste great. I go up and down sometimes when I get bored, but I almost always come back to 8.0w.

Pinggolfer

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 28, 2013
    The Clemson Tigers State
    Thanks, Appreciate your fast reply. I did some reading and I think I understand it a little better now too. Sounds like using the variable wattage gives you a little more control and the unit will automatically adjust the volts, which sounds like a good deal for me. Thanks again

I have my Chameleon coming tomorrow and I'm a dude too. I no longer use voltage and just rely on the wattage. I have to admit no matter what ohms I'm using I get the same taste and vapor.

Like State O' Flux said start low and work your way to the vape you are happy with then forget about it as it will always adjust.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread