Electrodave

LPV
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2015
Denver, CO
www.electrostring.com
It also works with any old ecig battery. To confess, I don't have one of the eRoll batteries. I just ordered some cartridges only. I already had some cigalike batteries. Works fine. Works just as well on a GeekVape Nova as it does on a 2014 ecig battery.

To those worrying about burnt hits--I have yet to get one, even with my 98% VG DIY ejuice. I've carried the thing in my pocket, upside down--and still got a hit right away.

I'm really not worried about the tiny piece of ceramic that serves as a wick, and heat conductor for the coil. If you started vaping ceramic wicked atomizers now until you die 40 years from now, the medical examiner will still find a lot more cotton/rayon fibers in your lungs than ceramic particles.

Drewps5co0tt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2011
OK, I was just worried about the ceramic and all the talk that happened a few years ago. I guess in something like this, with a higher ohm coil and it being MTL, I shouldn't let the issue stop me from picking this up? I really wanted to find something I could take on the go with me, that looked like a cig with the glowing LED (for fun) when I'm out being social and stuff. I wish I had kept my Blu kit but oh well. This seems like the only option when it comes to getting a charging pack to use with the device itself.

BTW, anyone know the release date for the PCC kit?

orior

Aug 2, 2016
Well, I received mine. At first I was super excited, as it's very comfortable to hold, you can even hold it in the mouth hands free like you did with the old eroll. It also looks super cool.
I was relieved to find out that 12mg regular nic is perfect for good TH like I'm used to.
But after 2 days I have problems with it: Almost every drag ends with a bit of liquid on my lips.
It's super annoying to wipe the lips after every second drag or so. It also makes you worry with every drag "will I get that juice now or it will be OK?", it makes you vape in fear.

I'm not sure what is the problem. As I see it it's probably one of the 2:
1. I'm using oldskool 70PG/30VG (or even 80PG/20VG) liquids. maybe it's just too thin for this "modern" device.
At some point they suddenly changed the standard from 70PG/30VG to 70VG/30PG.
I'm vaping with ecab for years with the same oldskool liquids and never bothered to "catch up".
2. I've received a problematic cartridge/pod. I've noticed that the O ring was pretty much taped to where you are supposed to fill it up and not to the cap, so I pretty much "ripped it" from there and put it where it belongs on the cap. I'm not sure if this is the problem, as it looks like it should only effect leaking to the outside of the ecig, and not to the inside of the mechanism, but I don't really know.

Anyway, I've just ordered 5 cartridges. I really hope it's case number 2, as I'm not ready yet to kiss goodbye the beloved taste of the liquids I've been using for years which only come in 70PG/30VG ratio.

Electrodave

LPV
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2015
Denver, CO
www.electrostring.com
You can thin out ejuice quite a bit with 1% 60/40 water/ethanol solution. I vape 98% VG, and the 1% vodka makes a big difference in viscosity. The other 1% is flavoring, so I do still have a bit of PG in my juice.

No reason you can't add a little vodka to your commercial ejuice as well.

Reactions: stols001

stratus.vaping

ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2018
UK & much further East.
I was told that the full eRoll MAC kit ( with the charging case) will be available in mid July, so nearly there. The "simple" kit is available now.

Vodka? - what a waste of 1ml of good alcohol :toast:

It's a shame that there's a report of liquid in the mouthpiece ... I hate that. I only use high VG so hope that will not be a big problem for me, but nearly every durn pod or AIO system I've used still inflicts that on me at least once.

Electrodave

LPV
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2015
Denver, CO
www.electrostring.com
Cartos seem to be prime for a comeback. Check out Joyetech D19 tank. The "coil head" is very similar to a carto, the only big difference being the metal tube (instead of rayon) that runs down the center. Flavor is pretty intense, even moreso than most regular cartos. Vapor production is surprising.

Seriously, if more people were aware of the amount of vapor and the intense flavor that cartos can deliver, they would never have fallen out of favor in the first place.

orior

Aug 2, 2016
OK, I received the 5 cartridges extremely fast - a week!
I'm very sad to say that currently it will not work for me. The device is not suited for high PG liquid.
Maybe in the future when I'll run out of my eroll1 stash of batteries, I'll switch to it and search for a new tobacco salt nic liquid that fits me. if the eroll mac will survive till then, of course.
I do however recommend the device if it doesn't leak with 50/50 or less PG. (according to video reviews it doesn't). As I wrote already, it's super comfortable in the hand (better than JUUL and eveything else ) and looks super cool.
To anyone who wonders how tight the draw is - it's a bit airier than the original eroll and the ecab, but it's still tight enough.

My Batt Hurts

ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2017
UK
OK, I received the 5 cartridges extremely fast - a week!
I'm very sad to say that currently it will not work for me. The device is not suited for high PG liquid.
Maybe in the future when I'll run out of my eroll1 stash of batteries, I'll switch to it and search for a new tobacco salt nic liquid that fits me. if the eroll mac will survive till then, of course.
I do however recommend the device if it doesn't leak with 50/50 or less PG. (according to video reviews it doesn't). As I wrote already, it's super comfortable in the hand (better than JUUL and eveything else ) and looks super cool.
To anyone who wonders how tight the draw is - it's a bit airier than the original eroll and the ecab, but it's still tight enough.
Useful feedback - thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread