Status
Not open for further replies.

Killjoy1

Ω Destroyer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2011
New Hampshire, US
Kick V2 was worth the upgrade, I'm liking it :)

Overall impressions:
- change to negative contact is a BIG improvement. V2 is not finicky in any device I've tried it in (though a little harder to insert than the previous version)
- efficiency improvement is slight, but noticeable to me. Based on just a couple days of testing I see 20-25% increase to run time before battery change (by my best unscientific estimate)
- increased wattage range is a plus for adding consistency to the vape on low ohm gear
- priced the same as the V1 was is another bonus. When announced I kind of expected a little increase . . . one instance where I'm glad I was wrong ;-)

Over the course of three 18500 batteries used in two different mods, they all cut out at 3.5 or so unloaded. This is a little higher than I was hoping for, but still a big improvement over the V1 which usually started to cut out for me with the batteries around 3.7v (sometimes down to around 3.6 with 18650s)
The grounding pins can be tricky. Fortunately, the only three mods I currently own that I would be likely to use it in don't have any threads in the way (two of my others are kick-able, but are genisis hybrids and I don't kick my gennies). Regardless, those pins definitely make for a better connection than the wimpy little spring on the V1 did. The GGTS was always finicky with a Kick for this reason, I always had to run without my battery spring and still fiddle with it periodically to keep it working, so this was the first mod I tried the V2 in. I didn't do any of those fiddly things I used to have to do with the V1 and it worked flawlessly, I suspect the new negative contacts are to thank for that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread