The KT Juppi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gahh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2013
Bay Shore LI NY
Twenty days back into vaping. This is the 3rd time I've came back to vaping after going back to cigarettes. With the Powermatic 2 cigarette injector it was always so easy to make a pack or two, or a couple cartons. And the price is right at $1.00 a pack compared to $9.50 a pack here in NY.
Any way,,, I picked up the vape from where I left off. Of all the hundreds of dollars spent on mods, tanks and juice, I started the Eleaf iStick TC60 up with one of my favorite tanks, the Arctic.
After a few days back in, I started up the hobby mode of vaping and ordered some new equipment.
After watching a bunch of reviews, my first order went for the Kangertech Juppi Kit. Many mixed reviews on the Juppi. I was more interested in the tank than the Juppi Box TC75w, but as the hobby goes, I ordered the kit. I thought the coil design to be cool, and the ease to change out the cotton was nice. ( The sweet juices I prefer take a toll on coil & cotton. )
Let me say WOW!!! This tank is a great little flavor machine. And the clouds are nice as well. The coil seems to be holding up like new with a slight torching. ( But be gentle with it.) I recommend before filling up after a clean out and new cotton, put the tank together and check the connections are good. ( Strange how the positive and negative connections are made with this coil. )
The Juppi easily allows me to add drops of flavoring to check out different juice options/flavors. The tank being small gets a drop or two mixed into the juice nicely and pronounces the new flavor quickly. ( Great for my DIY juice part of my hobby. )
All summed up IMO: The Juppi tank gets 5 of 5 stars. The Juppi 75w TC mod gets 2 of 5 stars. ( Kangertech has no good knowledge of TC devices, and not being able to set the watts in TC mode, it runs wide open at 75w.)
Waiting on my Smok Alien Kit to arrive. I do have the Baby Beast and that is a 5 of 5 tank as well.

Reactions: Letitia

Gahh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2013
Bay Shore LI NY
Bump after a month or so... Hey, @Gahh ... I'm keen to know how this tank is doing. How is the coil holding up, and what happens when it needs replacing? I've always been a Kanger tank user from WAY back.
At this very moment I'm using it.( Switching off between the Juppi & Baby Beast.)
I don't think many people appreciate this tank. Non adjustable air flow is NO for some, But I can swear it's the easiest tank to use.
Gives a smooth & tasty vape & puts out clouds like a nice tank. The set air flow works fine by me, as it always stays the same because the notch coil never changes the air flow to less than what it is,,, The I/S diameter of the coil is (6+mm.)
I torch the notch coil a bit and wrap a blanket of cotton around the coil and slide it down with tweezers. Then trim the 3/4" cotton vertical (with the coil head.) leave the cotton hanging out at the coil base 3/16", and at the top 1/8" heavy. Prime it and vape. Never had a leak dripping out of the tank, only the usual sweating of juice that pretty much all (good) tanks have........
The notch coil in use is the one that came with the tank. (This coil has seen at least 150+ml of juice & 4 cotton change outs.) I bought a 5 pack, don't know when I'm gonna need them........

You have to get to know how this tank/coil makes the negative & positive connections....
If the top is off (loading juice),,, there is a chance it won't get an ohm reading. The drip tip top secures the 4 bent tabs for the negative coil connections at the coil housing top.
When changing the cotton make sure the cotton is not interfering with these tabs

Last edited:

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
At this very moment I'm using it.( Switching off between the Juppi & Baby Beast.)
I don't think many people appreciate this tank. Non adjustable air flow is NO for some, But I can swear it's the easiest tank to use.
Gives a smooth & tasty vape & puts out clouds like a nice tank. The set air flow works fine by me, as it always stays the same because the notch coil never changes the air flow to less than what it is,,, The I/S diameter of the coil is (6+mm.)
I torch the notch coil a bit and wrap a blanket of cotton around the coil and slide it down with tweezers. Then trim the 3/4" cotton vertical (with the coil head.) leave the cotton hanging out at the coil base 3/16", and at the top 1/8" heavy. Prime it and vape. Never had a leak dripping out of the tank, only the usual sweating of juice that pretty much all (good) tanks have........
The notch coil in use is the one that came with the tank. (This coil has seen at least 150+ml of juice & 4 cotton change outs.) I bought a 5 pack, don't know when I'm gonna need them........

You have to get to know how this tank/coil makes the negative & positive connections....
If the top is off (loading juice),,, there is a chance it won't get an ohm reading. The drip tip top secures the 4 bent tabs for the negative coil connections at the coil housing top.
When changing the cotton make sure the cotton is not interfering with these tabs

Thanks! I'm a tankaholic and saw one of these on sale at Vaporbeast.

Kanger Juppi Tank | Sub Ohm Tanks | VaporBeast

Think I'll pick it up!

Reactions: Gahh

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
Got it today (grumble at VaporBeast for their lazy shipping; shouldn't take a week).

Nice little tank and you can't beat the price. I did have some trouble getting the top off. It took two vape bands and a pair of pliers. I'm halfway through a tank of DIY Banana Daiquiri and ... I'm at 45 Watts on the installed 0.20 Ω coil and it's just starting to produce flavor. Vapor's good.

I'm gonna give the coil a few more ml's to break in, but if it needs this much power to make juice taste right, it's gonna have yo go into my Dual's rotation.

No leaks. Aesthetics are great. It would make for a nice stealth setup and at the price of <$15.00 shipped, it's a great deal.

Reactions: Gahh
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread