The M6 a $4.89 Rebuildable for your Bottom Feeder Needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sonar505

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2012
Albuquerque, NM
As some of you might know a while back I built my first bottom feeder mod. Purchased a A-7 mini and was vaping very happily for quite a while. Well I liked it so much that I made some more. As I am thrifty (some call it cheap :argue:) I did not want to spend to much on atomizers for them So the search begin. I happened to run across the M6 at the place everyone has a love/hate with fasttech. With a $4.89 price I figured I could not go wrong and ordered 2.

When they arrived Here is what they looked like. To me not to bad with a very solid feel.

It comes apart easily with very nice threads and quite a deep well. The wick and wire supplied are pretty much useless tho so off they come.

It does come with some nice features tho. The entire post area can be unscrewed out enough to make it very easy to mount a wick and coil. Or

Removed completely for ease of cleaning. It also comes with a spring loaded center pin so no problems making good contact with your mod.

So I attempted to screw it on my mod. Oops minor setback when I checked the measurements of my drip cup against the M6 measurements I thought it should be fine both were 16mm. Well the Knurling tripped me up. So new plan first I tried grind down the knurling with a dremel looked terrible so put to the side and on to plan B. Grabbed other one put a old battery connector in a drill and screwed M6 onto connector, turned it on auto and used sandpaper to carefully knock off knurling edges. Less than 5 minutes from beginning to end results. Was a lot happier now able to screw on to mod and test fired worked great. The drip cup hides it from view so here is how it came out.

With that resolved I tried various wick and wire combo's finally settling on a micro coil (12 wraps of 30 gauge on a large paper clip).

Came out to 1.73 ohms. Also settled on embroidery thread for my wick pulled 2 strands thru coil. I seem to get a great flavor on all my atomizers when this is used.

I then went back to the other M6 I had ordered. I wanted to try something different on this one. So I marked where I thought a air-hole should be and drilled it out. Well I did not take in to consideration how soft chrome plated brass was and slipped and ovaled out my air-hole well new plan ended up drilling out the hole to a large size 1/16th all good tho. Then I mounted a new coil in a different way by placing the coil right next to my new air-hole. The nice thing about micro coils is that the legs can be as long as you need them without getting a hot leg. If you compress the coil. This one ended up with a few less wraps and came in at 1.37 ohms. Worked great.

While working on this one. I decided what the hell. Since I had already messed up the outside with the dremel and I still had the battery connector in the drill I decided to clean it up. Screwed onto drill and strarted with 80 grit sandpaper on up to 400 grit all I had available. I think its looking pretty nice so far but plan to get some finer grits to smooth it out as soon as possible. What do you think.

And here is what it looks like on one of my bottom feeders. Looks pretty good to me.

And Here is what they both look like side by side. The purple mod is a single 18650 and the turquoise mod is a VV dual 18350.

I initially load both with my ADV for comparison both are very generous with thick creamy vapor and great taste. While the one with air-hole initially produced more vapor adjusting the voltage on the other one made them very similar.

All in all I am very happy with these. Although at this time I cannot speak for the longevity of the M6 it seems like a very solid Rebuildable. I plan to continue to tweak them. And I definitely plan to purchase more. Perhaps even one to try as a Oid type mod.

Thank you for reading. Any and all Comments,Questions, and or Critiques are very much appreciated.

Pierces32

Verified Member
Aug 31, 2013
Columbia, SC, USA
Love it Sonar, I like both equally, though I think the brass atty would look better on the turquoise. I'm planning on making some from scratch wood bfm's myself. I just got hold of some really nice gunstock walnut that is begging to be made into bfm's, I made my first wood mod using the guts of my VMod XL recently and am in love with wood bottom feeders. I also recently bought 2 vv/vw chips to incorporate in future builds. I used the FT clone squid for my mod, really the only thing it needed was drilling the bottom center post, the deck already had an air hole for feeding. I really like the fact that it's a screw on cap like yours, makes it much more secure, and it's very easy to re-coil & re-wick. It looks like you have some of the same thoughts I have about wbfm's, why pay $200-$300 for one when you can build one for much less. The only question I have for you is, where did you get your bottles and feed tubes from? I've seen some needle bottles on FT that look like they would work, but it would be nice to know for sure.:vapor:

1109132128.jpg

Last edited:

Sonar505

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2012
Albuquerque, NM
Thanks for the comments pierces32 much appreciated. Yea I agree when I want something I tend to try and figure out if I can build it instead of buying it. You were right about the bottles they are the 10 ml needle tops from fast tech they have been working great for me with no leaks in sight. The tubing I bought from bogger box mods very thick walled works great also. But with the problems people have been having with him It's looking like I have to find a new source. Very nice job you did on your mod. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread