RDA The Magma

Status
Not open for further replies.
All I have to say is awesome !!!!! I just got this magma RDA this afternoon and just built it. I used two 3 ohm coils for a double coil build of a target of 1.5 ohms. When I turned on the ohm meter it was a 1.3 ohm build. The mvp 20 Watt can handle a .9 ohm build so I am well within range. It does not heat up instantly but it does give killer good vapor as well as over the top flavor. my nicotine level is way to high at 12 mg for dripping but I have to burn through some juice first before I get more to much stock built up. i put it on the largest holes for my first selection it produces a lot of vapor and the flavor is over the top just like all the reviews said . I am using Ruthless e juice the flavor is rise its a peach mango papaya this thing brings out all kinds of flavors I have not gotten off my nautilus or my cheap tanks. I get peach mango and a lot of lemon, a hint of strawberry and some pineapple possibly, its a warm moist vapor the flavor lingers on my pallet for some time . I wonder if a single coil would give me better flavor and or more vapor while taxing the MVP 20 W less. I switched to a grape flavor called Grape drank so we will see his it vapes. well its smooth . I get massive grape flavor I have not gotten off of anything I have so far its a hint of grape with a lot of flowers flavor and its super sweet. i might be getting a flavor of cherry like the cool aide flavor. its interesting the flavor keeps changing but its intense none the less . I am completely satisfied in this purchase the flavors is good its a warm vape with some weight to it . If you want an RDA thats gonna give intense flavor and a good amount of of vapor this might be it I will write agian in the future after I sample more flavors. If anybody can help with what build I should use let me know I wanted to try a double coil since I have not built one yet it's pretty good I have read and seen where flavor chasers usually build single coil builds instead and they seem to get better results. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Remi Love

ok I tried something I took off one of the coils so now I have a single coil 2.5 ohm build the vapor production is triple, the flavor is much better and the taste is top notch, and is nice an warm and moist. I am vaping this build at 15.5 watts seems to do the trick maybe the MVP20W cant handle double coil 1.3ohm builds at least not at 15-20watts . I sill have a lot to learn with coil building . I probably am not doing something right I used 30 GA Kanthal A-1 If I used a higher GA like 32 or 34 it would have less surface area but maybe it would heat a smaller coil faster thought be seen in the future I get the feeling I will be building a lot of coils in the near future. Any words of wisdom would be greatly welcome thanks Remi Love

msmith4512

ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2014
New York, NY
I build one of Magma's single coil 26G 12 wraps 3mm diameter. Comes out to about 1.5 Ohm. I have second built with dual 28G 12 wrap 3mm coils at 1.2 Ohm. I've read in these forums that more coil surface area gives more vapor and flavor, so I tend to use 10+ wraps in my builds. I can't really detect much flavor difference between the two Magmas at my normal 20-25 watt level. The single takes less time to rebuild and rewick and heats up faster, but the dual set up has bigger air flow since both holes are open. I like bigger airflow with creamier juices and a tighter draw with lighter fruitier juices, so I use both Magma set ups.

The number of coils you use by itself has no real impact on battery consumption. What drains your battery is the wattage level you run. 20 watts through single coils is the same drain as 20 watts through duals.

If you love the Magma, try the Holmes RDA. Similar bottom airflow design and flavor but holds more juice and doesn't leak as often. The Lancia vapes just like a Magma and has a pretty glass sleeve section, but is prone to the same occasional leak issues as the Magma.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread