The New Musician Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimbodaddy74

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 23, 2013
Everywhere you want to be
It appears that the musician thread closed, so I'm starting a fresh one. I got a new job, and decided to congratulate myself with a new toy!
It's a Diamond Monarch FM in Midnight Moonrise finish. My camera is messed up, but it looks like this stock image from the Diamond website.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Im an old musician.

I'll show my self out.

Me, too. I was playing in my first band at age 15. The year was 1966. I continued playing in a working band on weekends through the 1980's, retired for a while, and later played Christian Rock for 12 years in a Praise Band at church. That ended a couple of years ago. I actually enjoyed the Praise band gig. It was mostly light rock with different lyrics.

Reactions: Jebbn

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
After spending years trying to play guitar and never getting very far, I bought myself a little ukulele and have had far better luck, lol. Does that qualify me for this thread? :laugh:

Any musical insturment that is treated with thought and skill is fo’ real. My dad was very fond of multi chord harmonicas which are normally scoffed at outside of Germany and even there normally used only for umpapa music as the notes can’t really be bent. He sounded great though.

Last edited:
Reactions: DaveP

jimbodaddy74

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 23, 2013
Everywhere you want to be
After spending years trying to play guitar and never getting very far, I bought myself a little ukulele and have had far better luck, lol. Does that qualify me for this thread? :laugh:
Yes! My daughter has taken to learning the ukulele, so over the past few years, I've given her a few really nice ukuleles. The latest one that I got her for her birthday is a Breedlove concert acoustic/electric made of all solid flamed myrtlewood. And a Blackstar Fly 3 to play it through.

• Agree
Reactions: DaveP
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread