The Nic level question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamfreek

Mar 21, 2014
MD
Went to a b&m shop over the weekend and had an interesting conversation with the owner. He stated that he rarely carries 6mg juice. I always figured that the less nicotine the better. It was also a good thing to help my wife get on board with my switch to vaping, as opposed to the full quit that she would rather see. Even tonight she pointed to my evod sticking out of my shirt pocket and says "this should only be for once in awhile!" And that got me thinking back to this thing that the owner pointed out.

He said that vaping higher nic level juices should actually cut down on your vaping pretty consistently, as well as saving money on juice. His reason being that your body doesn't crave the lower hits as often. I'm not sure that I agree completely with this but I'm curious what other long-term vapers think? He pointed out that my vaping in the store and from what I described to him was like using it as a pacifier. I think that I am a chain vaper and I am concerned that I'm going through juice rather quickly. I also had a taste of his 24mg five pawns castle long...whoa!

While a week ago I was really considering trying to dial down my nic level from 6mg to 0mg in about 2 months, I'm now considering going up to 12.

I used to smoke <PAD of Marlboro lights...maybe 10-13 on average. But, now I find I am constantly sucking on a drip tip!

PS- I wonder too what effect a new APV that I've had my eye on and the nautilus might have?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FireDragon1138

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2014
Orlando, Florida
I don't think that's the case necessarily because nicotine, for many people, doesn't give the same satisfaction that smoking a cigarette does (due to the lack of other alkaloids). For somebody with an oral fixation but low demands for nicotine, they could vape themselves sick easily, especially if they are using a high wattage mod. So, I think 6mg juice is a good thing, especially for light smokers that vape a lot.

I hope your wife stops nagging you on your vaping. She should be more appreciative of the fact you aren't smoking and the fact that cigarettes are a hard habit to kick.

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
He said that vaping higher nic level juices should actually cut down on your vaping pretty consistently, as well as saving money on juice. His reason being that your body doesn't crave the lower hits as often.

I think it all depends. It's not true for me, however some people feel it is for them.

I vape mostly zero nic juice. I can vape nic for weeks and it's not addictive to me. I also do not vape more when I'm off nic for weeks or months at a time. I was sure addicted to cigarettes when I smoked though ;)

OTOH some people get pretty ugly when they go off nic.

I have the feeling more people are in the first category than the later, but that's just my opinion.

Cloud Junky

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 6, 2014
Texas, USA
That happend to me as well, in time I have become vaping with less nic but vaping more. Now I am like a fog machine, every exhale comes a plume for me. I love vaping, I rather vape all day than snack on cookies and junk food, or drinking alcohol, The best part about it smoking is below the horizon in my rearview mirror... There are many more days to life (I hope) for me. If you feel you need to bump the level of nic up go for it, there will be a time when you will reduce as you realize vaping is not about the nic it is about the life without smoking and the clouds you produce while smoking remains in the past.

Jamfreek

Mar 21, 2014
MD
I hope your wife stops nagging you on your vaping. She should be more appreciative of the fact you aren't smoking and the fact that cigarettes are a hard habit to kick.

Yes, I've been easing her into the fact that I am enjoying something that she deems unacceptable. I KNOW she likes that I'm not smoking cigarettes and I have to remind her that after i've tried EVERY OTHER available method of quitting, and I just cannot seem to break the habit, until now!

pauly walnuts

ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2013
pa
I've been at 6mg for a few months and it's just right. Still get a nic rush with 6mg on a dripper. A friend of mine vapes 24mg and when I try a new juice from him it tears up my throat. Nope....not a thing wrong with 6mg if it works well for you. What fancy pacifiers you all have! :laugh:
24mg is wayyy to harsh for me too. I typically do around 12mg and its just right, but double that seems crazy to me.

Another thing I think is weird,,, the fact that 24mg nic is far more available at most local stores. When using a decent tank, most people cant handle that much, and dont want that much. Its even too much from a crappy ce4 that doesnt produce much vapor.
I really dont think some places that sell juice actually know anything about vaping or vapers's wants and needs. If they did, theyd carry some lighter juices.

Jamfreek

Mar 21, 2014
MD
I've been at 6mg for a few months and it's just right. Still get a nic rush with 6mg on a dripper. A friend of mine vapes 24mg and when I try a new juice from him it tears up my throat. Nope....not a thing wrong with 6mg if it works well for you. What fancy pacifiers you all have! :laugh:

One other thing he said that I found interesting in regards to dripping and cloud chasing on 6mg...He said that its actually bumping the 6mg up by 3 when you use certain mods with vv/vw...Could this be why the 24 tears up your throat?

Come to think of it, he also said that there was no way to get a completely 100%VG juice. But, I've seen plenty advertised...maybe this guy was full of it...LOL

I'm seriously thinking that an APV will probably help me with the quality of my vapes though, and I might actually appreciate and enjoy them more. Is this case? I want to make the move to the MVP 2.0 I think. Like many folks on ECF, I was not a fan of the box style at first, but the battery life really appeals to me, as well as the inexpensive cost. I am on the road all day long (manufacturers rep) and this is when I vape the most. I find that the simple EVOD starter kit is actually perfect for on the go on the weekends or out at night. But, a nice daily mod would probably suit me better.

Then again, it could be the juice that i'm getting isn't as good as it gets...oh my what to do!! :)

optsmk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 4, 2009
Pleasanton, Ca.
The one thing I have realized about vaping, is that everyone is different. What is great to one person, sucks for another. As far as nicotine levels go, I'm sure it's the same. I can tell you from personal experience that I am vaping a lot more now that I am at 0, 3, or 6 mg. When I was doing 24mg. I was probably using about half as much juice.
So, if you want to know if it's true for you. Go out and buy a 24mg, 18mg, 12mg and a 6mg and see how it works for you. you might find that as you go up in nic, you just like the high that it gives you and continue vaping just as much. Or you might find that it cuts down on your juice consumption substantially.

Buggainok

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2014
oklahoma city ok usa
One other thing he said that I found interesting in regards to dripping and cloud chasing on 6mg...He said that its actually bumping the 6mg up by 3 when you use certain mods with vv/vw...Could this be why the 24 tears up your throat?

Come to think of it, he also said that there was no way to get a completely 100%VG juice. But, I've seen plenty advertised...maybe this guy was full of it...LOL

I'm seriously thinking that an APV will probably help me with the quality of my vapes though, and I might actually appreciate and enjoy them more. Is this case? I want to make the move to the MVP 2.0 I think. Like many folks on ECF, I was not a fan of the box style at first, but the battery life really appeals to me, as well as the inexpensive cost. I am on the road all day long (manufacturers rep) and this is when I vape the most. I find that the simple EVOD starter kit is actually perfect for on the go on the weekends or out at night. But, a nice daily mod would probably suit me better.

Then again, it could be the juice that i'm getting isn't as good as it gets...oh my what to do!! :)

What to do is order yourself an MVP 2! I started with the egos, and liked them a lot, still like them, for that matter. But the MVP really does make for a better vaping experience, in my opinion. And the fact that you are on the road and in your car a lot makes it an ideal device for you. It will go for a couple of days without needing a charge. All of the tanks/clearos that you use with your egos will also fit on your MVP, which is another nice thing about it. I didn't want to have to buy a whole bunch of new stuff to go with it.

I say, go for it!:)

Eivind211

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2014
Salem, OR, USA

He is correct in that you can't get a 100% VG juice, unless it's simply VG in a tank. If it has flavoring in it, it's not 100% VG, if it has nic in it, it's not 100% VG, if it has both, it's got even less % VG.

I would highly suggest the MVP, it'll last you a long time, and if you're in the car you can use it while charging.

I also really hope your wife gets off your case, and starts becoming a little more supportive. You could remind her that you're now inhaling a handful of chemicals that really won't kill you, instead of thousands of them that will surely do the job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread