Status
Not open for further replies.

spacekitty

Krazee Kat Laydee & Guru-X2.5
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2010
SoCal, USA

One of my fave local bands during the time, with a very disturbing video... :ohmy:

"To kids & teens watching: This is satire -- Charlie Manson is a psychopath.
80's cheese, ripened on the shelf and ready for consumption."

They really were a much better band than that... somebody once described them as sounding like "the soundtrack to a Fellini movie"... ;) but they actually DID the soundtrack to a cult classic film called "TerrorVision" (which I have been searching the Torrents for forever!!)

Here they are doing something a little more of what they were like live, with delightful Magie Song on vocals...
The Fibonaccis: "The Narcissist" from New Wave Theater - 1981 - YouTube

SilverCloud

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 3, 2013
Central Fl. USA.

One of my fave local bands during the time, with a very disturbing video... :ohmy:

"To kids & teens watching: This is satire -- Charlie Manson is a psychopath.
80's cheese, ripened on the shelf and ready for consumption."

They really were a much better band than that... somebody once described them as sounding like "the soundtrack to a Fellini movie"... ;) but they actually DID the soundtrack to a cult classic film called "TerrorVision" (which I have been searching the Torrents for forever!!)

Here they are doing something a little more of what they were like live, with delightful Magie Song on vocals...
The Fibonaccis: "The Narcissist" from New Wave Theater - 1981 - YouTube

"Whatever it is that G.I. put a spell on me" :lol: Excellent! :laugh: And the drum section sounds like a Wayne Newton lounge song. Classic!

Brian

super dave

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2012
1 Mile High
<<<<<<CHAT>>>>>>>

Love that guy and haven't thought of or heard in a long time, THANKS!

I almost forgot about this today, but I think I still have time to get a couple in before Midnight... :D

This is the very underrated vocalist and guitar player, Terry Reid, doing a cover of a song originally written and recorded by Donovan... although for a long time I thought it was the other way around... since they both came out about the same time... :facepalm: LOL!!

He got his nickname and the title of one of his LP's from this song, and also turned down an offer to be in Jimmy page's new group once... instead suggesting a singer he had heard around by the name of Robert Plant... LOL!!
I saw him open for the Rolling Stones (in '69, I think) with BB King and the Ike & Tina Turner Review on the bill, too... Great show!!

He has been living in the Los Angeles area for a while now, and from what I have been told, can be seen on 'open mic night' at a local club... sometimes joined onstage by some of his old buddies when they are in town... like Keith Richards and/or Mick Jagger... ;)

Here is the original version:
Donovan- Superlungs my supergirl (rare banned version) - YouTube

Ceegary

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
Phoenix
The last leg was won by somejerk who put up Ray Lamontage doing "Crazy" in post 296.
Random.org picked post 291 which was an entry placed by Jobear, so he too wins a prize.

Thanks to all who participated. I enjoyed listening to all of your choices even though it was ALL of your choices. Hope you had fun and we'll see you later with something different to play at.

super dave

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2012
1 Mile High
Congrats somejerk and jobear!!!! Enjoyed all the covers too, THANKS!
Cat-Congratulations.gif

spacekitty

Krazee Kat Laydee & Guru-X2.5
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2010
SoCal, USA
The last leg was won by somejerk who put up Ray Lamontage doing "Crazy" in post 296.
Random.org picked post 291 which was an entry placed by Jobear, so he too wins a prize.

Thanks to all who participated. I enjoyed listening to all of your choices even though it was ALL of your choices. Hope you had fun and we'll see you later with something different to play at.

Congrats-1b.jpg~original

to somejerk AND Jobear!!

Thanks to Aroma... and everybody who posted their music vids!!
I was never "in it to win it", just here for the Fun of it... :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread