Status
Not open for further replies.

spacekitty

Krazee Kat Laydee & Guru-X2.5
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2010
SoCal, USA

I almost forgot about this today, but I think I still have time to get a couple in before Midnight... :D

This is the very underrated vocalist and guitar player, Terry Reid, doing a cover of a song originally written and recorded by Donovan... although for a long time I thought it was the other way around... since they both came out about the same time... :facepalm: LOL!!

He got his nickname and the title of one of his LP's from this song, and also turned down an offer to be in Jimmy page's new group once... instead suggesting a singer he had heard around by the name of Robert Plant... LOL!!
I saw him open for the Rolling Stones (in '69, I think) with BB King and the Ike & Tina Turner Review on the bill, too... Great show!!

He has been living in the Los Angeles area for a while now, and from what I have been told, can be seen on 'open mic night' at a local club... sometimes joined onstage by some of his old buddies when they are in town... like Keith Richards and/or Mick Jagger... ;)

Here is the original version:
Donovan- Superlungs my supergirl (rare banned version) - YouTube

Jobear

ECF Veteran
Apr 12, 2013
Columbus OH
Last up, David Lee Roth singing Just a Gigolo/I Ain't Got Nobody. I had to Google the original artist, and it turns out the song Just a Gigolo was adapted by Irving Caesar in 1929 from the Austrian song "Schöner Gigolo, armer Gigolo", written in 1928 by Leonello Casucci (music) and Julius Brammer. I Ain't Got Nobody words by Roger Graham and music by Spencer Williams in 1915. They were fist combined by Louis Prima in 1956. Roth makes history fun!

spacekitty

Krazee Kat Laydee & Guru-X2.5
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2010
SoCal, USA

This is a song that was written by an old boyfriend of mine, Chas Sandford, and even though The Baby's really overproduced it, IMHO, I still think it was the best song on their 'Broken Heart' album (and the only one not written by one of them...lol)

John Waite, the lead singer from The Baby's, would later record another song my friend had written called 'Missing You'... which became a HUGE hit, and Chas now calls "the gift that keeps on giving" in this recent video... LMAO!!

Chas Sandford "Missing You" Belfast Nashville Festival - YouTube

(I was gonna post another song, but I guess that's it for today/night since it's past Midnight now)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread