The perils of being a beginner...

Status
Not open for further replies.

nicgnostic_777

Verified Member
Mar 16, 2013
San Francisco
I am getting used to and agitated by vaping...maybe its just me but I am tired of trying things...if I want t try a new juice than I have to get another carto, if I don't like that juice than I have to still use it until the last drop so that I can justify paying for the shipping and handling that is $3-5 for something that is only 15-30ml :( And I am getting annoyed that instructions have gone out of style, what happened to good old fashioned instruction manuals that utilized words as well as images? Sort of railing off here, but maybe some of you feel the same way

P.S. It's times like these I wish I could still enjoy a Marlboro Menthol Light, but vaping has ruined my tastebuds and turned my lungs against that sweet deliciously toxic tabac :facepalm: Oh man (sigh) [I'm sort of joking and kind of not]

O'Face

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2013
Indianapolis, IN USA
Get a good bridgeless atomizer and drip;) You can change juices at will, and there is a bit of a learning curve, but it's a great way to enjoy multiple flavors when you're starting out:)

PS Cigs make you smell like ....:(

If you have questions on where to get some good atty's, don't f-around and head to avid vapor.

Hope this helps;)

:0

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
I am getting used to and agitated by vaping...maybe its just me but I am tired of trying things...if I want t try a new juice than I have to get another carto, if I don't like that juice than I have to still use it until the last drop so that I can justify paying for the shipping and handling that is $3-5 for something that is only 15-30ml :( And I am getting annoyed that instructions have gone out of style, what happened to good old fashioned instruction manuals that utilized words as well as images? Sort of railing off here, but maybe some of you feel the same way

P.S. It's times like these I wish I could still enjoy a Marlboro Menthol Light, but vaping has ruined my tastebuds and turned my lungs against that sweet deliciously toxic tabac :facepalm: Oh man (sigh) [I'm sort of joking and kind of not]

First, don't get a rebuildable atomizer to test eliquid. You don't want to hassle with that yet. Just get a regular atomizer like this one (I'm assuming you are using a 510 threaded PV but you can also get 808, etc):

510 Smok Tech 2.5 Atomizer

Then just drip 3 - 4 drops on the coil to test the taste of your eliquid. When switching flavors, swish some PGA (pure grain alcohol) or unflavored high proof vodka in the atty to clean out the previous eliquid.

And I would find a supplier who provides 3ml - 5ml bottles of eliquid with $3 shipping and try 3, 4, 8, 10, etc different flavors that you think you might like before buying a large bottle. Here is one example of 5ml bottles for $2.39 each:

http://www.liberty-flights.com/product.asp?id=6

Quiet

Apr 23, 2013
Missouri
Find a local shop to sample at. I've spent more than an hour just trying juices on multiple occasions. I make sure to get a little bottle of something just to support the local B&M, even if I turn around and spend ten times that amount online for the ones I liked.

I wish there was a local shop to sample at around here. I live in a small town, and have to drive @ 50 miles to get anywhere. It sucks. Glad I found this place.
I read through some posts that recommend vaping vendors. That should come in handy. I get annoyed as well..but am happy that that horrible smell of smoke is gone from the house, and my clothes.

hottierockstar

ECF Veteran
Apr 7, 2013
southern california

seriously smoking was easier....
buy pack
open pack
pull out cigarette
light cigarette

biggest choices were menthol/not...long or short, not a kazillion different delivery systems, vendors, forums, meets, cons/bashes/fests

this is more fun BUT i never spent this much time (read ANY) researching or shopping for smoking, i was just thrilled when i could find a 5 pack of bic lighters with mostly pink and black LOL

solace.discord

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2011
Southern Maine
what you're going through is a necessary process we all went through at some point. with so many options out there, it's fair to try what you can in hopes of finding that sweet spot and fall in love with vaping, and a certain juice.

I agree with the atty suggestions- easy way to try flavors without commitment to dedicated delivery method.. and you'll probably find yourself doing it more often because it's awesome. there are plenty of vendors out there that offer "sample packs" or smaller bottles at smaller prices, with reasonable shipping. most places you can find atomizers too.

best of luck!

nicgnostic_777

Verified Member
Mar 16, 2013
San Francisco
I think I'm going to try you're suggestions of getting some attys, I've never dripped before so I'll check a vid out, but the juice thing is that I get to reading these delicious descriptions of juices that are going to literally rock my world and make me wish I had bought a vat of the stuff that when it doesn't do that I'm even more disappointed you know and there really aren't many B&Ms by me there are only two and they are slightly lacking in supply and their prices are ridiculous, meaning a dollar per ml :blink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread