The Poldiac Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vaslovik

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2013
It could help others in despair you know, like yourself previously ;)

Very well, I've learned over time that the Poldiac switch can be rather sensitive to the tightness of the double screws in the delrin switch body. One does not want to over-tighten them, and in fact it seems best to set the pole screws into the double screws tightly and then screw them into the delrin part just tight enough to stay put, and no tighter.

I had gone through this particular Poldi again and again, swapping out every part, obsessively cleaning every part, and the one factor that finally stood out was the tightness of the screws in that delrin part. I'm still not sure why, I think it must have something to do with the alignment of the contact ends of those screws inside the switch relative to the pin in the button which needs to make contact equally with both of them to fire the mech. Over-tightening the screws in the ends seems to negatively affect this.

sacullen

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 7, 2014
Chicago, IL, USA
Reactions: KentA

Vaslovik

ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2013
Is there anywhere else to find these hidden gems? I might give up my Miriam since I don't use it anymore. But that's a hard decision.

I won't give up any of my Poldis, ever. I just want more parts for them, so that Uma Sleek could get me switch parts I can't get anywhere else anymore.

Reactions: thetrucker

Vaslovik

ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2013
Just got my 5th Poldiac. I'm happy. It was in bad shape when I got it, looked like it had been tossed into a toolbox a couple years ago, but I went to work on it, using spare parts and elbow grease, and it's firing good and fine now. I'm not sure which specific model it is, it's a Sleek, but I'm not sure which one. Same as an Aname Sleek, but with satin slotted shirt and pants.

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
Just got my 5th Poldiac. I'm happy. It was in bad shape when I got it, looked like it had been tossed into a toolbox a couple years ago, but I went to work on it, using spare parts and elbow grease, and it's firing good and fine now. I'm not sure which specific model it is, it's a Sleek, but I'm not sure which one. Same as an Aname Sleek, but with satin slotted shirt and pants.

Good for you ... bringing a fine Poldiac back to life. :thumbs:

Vaslovik

ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2013
Just got offered a 6th Poldiac, but had to wait on it, it's off season here, and funds are short. Bummer. In time I hope to have a large collection of them, but I have to be patient about that. Here's my newest Poldi with early original DID I got with it.

Miriam tells me this is a Poldiac Hoey Sleek.

Last edited:
Reactions: oplholik

Portertown

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 20, 2013
Greenville, NC, USA
It looks like an Uma Sleek, and the only model they have. Too bad it's 18490. I'm thinking it might be worth it through for just the switch and parts. Yeah, 18650 tubes will be pretty hard to find.

The "DaVapes" poldiac clone tubes and pants will work if you can find one of them.
I have one of the DaVapes clone poldiacs that I put all the factory MMV switch parts in and added a factory top cap. This was back when the poldiacs were costing $250 and I did not want to carry one of my two real ones around town and take a chance of losing one.
This rebuilt clone worked just like the real ones after the mods I did to it. It had the exact same voltage drop. All the metal parts on the clone are the same as the real ones as far as size, threads, etc.
I don't know about the other brand of poldiac clones.

Vaslovik

ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2013
The "DaVapes" poldiac clone tubes and pants will work if you can find one of them.
I have one of the DaVapes clone poldiacs that I put all the factory MMV switch parts in and added a factory top cap.

I'm curious, having never gotten a look at the Poldiac clones, are the switch parts the same? Does the switch have the same double screws in the ends, or is the clone switch different?

Portertown

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 20, 2013
Greenville, NC, USA
I'm curious, having never gotten a look at the Poldiac clones, are the switch parts the same? Does the switch have the same double screws in the ends, or is the clone switch different?

The DaVapes clone switch is exactly the same design as the real poldiac except the contact screws that go into the double screws are not reverse threaded. This will cause the contact screw to "screw in" when an atomizer is screwed down. The clone switch parts are not of the quality of the real switch and can only be used down to 1 ohm resistance. The clone metal housing is exactly like the real one and I replaced all internal switch parts with real MMV parts.

Reactions: Vaslovik

Vaslovik

ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2013
The DaVapes clone switch is exactly the same design as the real poldiac except the contact screws that go into the double screws are not reverse threaded. This will cause the contact screw to "screw in" when an atomizer is screwed down. The clone switch parts are not of the quality of the real switch and can only be used down to 1 ohm resistance. The clone metal housing is exactly like the real one and I replaced all internal switch parts with real MMV parts.

Well thank you for posting that. It means the clone parts are not usable for me, even if it comes to desperate times. I had suspected as much. I think the clones not being able to sub-ohm is why I heard that you could not sub-ohm on a Poldiac a couple years or so back. I found out different when I got my first authentic.

Last edited:
Reactions: thetrucker

Highwayman1224

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2012
Goodyear, AZ
Haven't used my Poldiac Cloud Wizard Classic in quite some time, so I dug it out today & put my serpent mini on top. Nice looking little setup.
20160604_083819-1.jpg

Highwayman1224

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2012
Goodyear, AZ
I was wanting to get one of those Serpents, but I'm a single coil tootle puffer, and was afraid it would be too airy for me.
I've got both, the full size & the mini. I think you'd like the mini, you can close the airflow down to almost nothing & fully open it's kind of a restricted lung hitter. Extremely easy to build on and great flavor at a reasonable price.

Highwayman1224

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2012
Goodyear, AZ
@Highwayman1224 , have you had any leaking problems with these? Do you know of a best price other than FT, as I can't use PP with FT for RTA's.
I'm going to go ahead and get two of these, and put a couple KFL's in the back up drawer.
No leaking at all. They're pretty cheap, so just search some of the more popular vendors and I'm sure you'll find one for a decent price.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread