The Posse Hideout

FlyingV

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 23, 2010
Verified Witchdoctor - In a Hut
Good late morning. Drott, the answer to that is "obviously not much" :lol:

Standing corrected, 5 different woodpeckers. I forgot about the huge pileated ones. They look like dino-birds.

Nothing exciting today, cleaning the hut while waiting on the thermostat to be delivered.

FlyingV

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 23, 2010
Good morning! It snowed here again last night, just a few inches but enough to have to shovel/plow.

I'm thinking peach pie, I'll have to go get some, the freezer is rather bare.

Yesterday the thermostat did arrive, hooray! I also got a nice surprise, I was part of a crowdfunded portable pizza oven and it was supposed to ship in Feb./March. It's here!!!! Still in the box, I'll need Mr. V's help to get it out of there. I'll take it's pic when it's set up. Pizza tonight, woo hoo!!!

FlyingV

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 23, 2010
People pitched in a set amount so that the person could make the little pizza oven. When it was fully funded they made them. So you are funding an idea and crossing your fingers. lol. I have their first one, so was pretty confident that this one would ship. It's called the Ooni Karu.

Here's their kickstarter page so you can see it:

Drottwiler

Old Timer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 20, 2010
Drott's Dog House
People pitched in a set amount so that the person could make the little pizza oven. When it was fully funded they made them. So you are funding an idea and crossing your fingers. lol. I have their first one, so was pretty confident that this one would ship. It's called the Ooni Karu.

Looks good. Wow ideas are endless Pizza, Stromboli, Calzones. Earls not a big fan but I can dream. :lol:

FlyingV

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 23, 2010
Drott, you can use cast iron pans in them. I have two single serve cast irons and make steaks, shrimp, all kinds of things. So pretty much anything that fits can be cooked in it. We use the old one non stop while camping. Pizza in 60 seconds is what sold me. The old one is looking a bit worse for wear, it uses pellets. I was contemplating replacing it when they starting the kickstarter for this one.

The Karu is set up out on the back deck, of course it's snowing now. :lol:

Bamrz

Z.A.P.T. Member*
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 8, 2010
PA, near Philly

Cool! I've heard of Kickstarter before, great idea!

Pizza sounds really good. But we're having chicken pie. Have everything made, just have to assemble and pop in the oven closer time to hubby getting home

I have a small eye roast to cook tonight, not sure if I'll do anything out of the ordinary with it or not. :lol:

FlyingV

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 23, 2010
It's alive!!!! Poor Mr. V trying to finish it off and I'm taking pics. :lol:
x5gutkbm.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread