The Posse Hideout

Bamrz

Z.A.P.T. Member*
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 8, 2010
PA, near Philly
Good morning. 40s this Am.
It turned out to be an excellent day! Weather Liars said rain, but we had none! :w00t:

I'm in trouble, again. Mr. V went out to fill the bird feeders, slipped on the steps and faceplanted in the snow. It was freaking hilarious and I couldn't stop laughing. He's fine, only his pride was hurt. I was NOT supposed to laugh, but the faceplant was epic. He was kind of lost in the snowdrift with one hand out holding up a suet block. :lol: :lol: Oh noes, here I go again. *giggling*
You know, this would have been soo much better with pics! :lol::lol::lol:

FlyingV

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 23, 2010
Verified Witchdoctor - In a Hut
It turned out to be an excellent day! Weather Liars said rain, but we had none! :w00t:

You know, this would have been soo much better with pics! :lol::lol::lol:
I couldn't have taken pics, I was laughing too hard to be able to hold a phone. He was wearing shorts and untied sneakers. Even his t-shirt pocket was filled with snow when he got back in the hut. bwahahahaha! (he still hates me btw) :lol:

efirdj

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2011
Clover, SC
It's been a bit of a roller coaster for a while... I've completely quit all nicotine... I miss House Blend.... Badly... But, I needed to give it up.

Hmmm... We're going to get SNOW today! So "they" say. A whole inch that will be gone by tomorrow.... And schools are already shutting down for tomorrow and dismissing early today. :facepalm:

The missus and I finalized our divorce on Dec 5th. Things had been sliding down hill between us for a few years. And once I moved out and took an objective look at life, I realized it had been less than stellar for about ten years... She has custody of the kids, but she and I do pretty well discussing most things regarding them. Visitation has been pretty uneventful. I bought myself a small 3br house a few months ago. It's been an adventure starting from scratch. I left her almost everything because I knew if I fought for too much, it would just hurt the kids.

Speaking of the kids, they're doing ok. Not great... but ok. Kat is doing good. She just turned 17, if you can believe it. She still isnt driving yet. But that's another point of contention I have with the ex. She had to give up softball so she could focus on singing in the school chorus. It's crazy to hear that group. They put on Les Miserables last year. It was amazing. There was even a spot in the Christmas show where I caught Kat's voice alone, and it brought me to tears. Melanie is now doing archery. She's really good too! She averages about 255-260 points out of 300 every competition. The team is actually going to state here in a few weeks. CJ is still playing soccer and loving it. He's gotten so good too. It's amazing.

We just found out two weeks ago that the contract my company had with Google has been underbid by another company. We're going to be closing the Charlotte office early March. So, I'm job hunting again. There are several things that COULD happen that would let me keep working here, but I'm not optimistic yet.

My mom is trying to get me to foster a dog from the breeder/trainer she works for. He breeds Belgian Malinois. They are awesome dogs, but I just cant right now. Between no fenced in yard and the prospect of losing my job, it's just not an option yet.

But, otherwise, I've been devoting a lot of time getting the house together. And when I do have the kids, I've been taking them to do all the things I've been wanting to do with them for years, but was never allowed to. Theyve now been to a hot air balloon festival, a fall fest, amusment parks... If money works out just right, I'm going to take them indoor skydiving as a joint birthday present. There's an auto fair coming up, and CJ LOVES exotic cars now.

efirdj

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2011
Clover, SC
Dont feel too bad! Very few people outside of my immediate circle of friends and family really knew.

As bad as it sounds, I really have felt happier in the last year than I had realized. Even the kids have noticed my temper is almost non-existent and I smile a lot more. That in of itself made the whole ordeal worth it.

Enough about me! What have you guys been up to?? Are you still running the general store? How many chickens and ducks are you up to now??? Are cheese curds still as amazing as they used to be?!

Drott, you've got to tell me about the new furbaby in your avatar!

Is Bamrz or Stretchy still around? Tiffany? Anyone?

FlyingV

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 23, 2010
Verified Witchdoctor - In a Hut
It doesn't sound bad at all, happy counts for so much more than people think so that's good to hear.

The store is closed, after we got schmucked by the drunk driver we had so much PT and it made it really hard to stay open. Between that and the local guy that made it his mission to carry the same products and sell them at less than cost to run us out we bailed. Small towns do not like new people or competition. Our building will go up for sale in spring so we can wash our hands of the Friendship area. Funny that they call it something so nice and it is less than pleasant. :laugh:

Mr. V is driving truck again, he's daily though not over the road, and I'm home with Victor. We cook, bake, clean, and quilt. Yes I am now pretty dull. No ducks, no chickens, the poultry is now up to Drott. :)

We haven't gone for curds in ages, which of course makes me want some now.

Bamrz is still here! Stretch and Tiff abandoned us. :cry:

• Informative
Reactions: Bamrz

Users who are viewing this thread