The Posse Hideout

Drottwiler

Old Timer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 20, 2010
Drott's Dog House
I'd love to have a camper again. But weighing the prows and coms. We'd need to buy a bigger truck and a camper. Or we could go the motorhome route. But then we'd have to tow trailer a car. Storage when not in use. The biggest problem most campgrounds don't allow certain breeds of dogs which I have one of. :lol::lol: We love camping 25 years ago.

Reactions: Bamrz

FlyingV

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 23, 2010
Verified Witchdoctor - In a Hut
I'd love to have a camper again. But weighing the prows and coms. We'd need to buy a bigger truck and a camper. Or we could go the motorhome route. But then we'd have to tow trailer a car. Storage when not in use. The biggest problem most campgrounds don't allow certain breeds of dogs which I have one of. :lol::lol: We love camping 25 years ago.
There are pretty lightweight campers out there now. And super deals on used ones. We have a 5th wheel, it will be our retirement house eventually. We didn't go the motorhome route because they are so darn expensive, and the tow car part. We haven't run into any campgrounds that forbid rotties, but quite a few now forbid pits due to their insurance companies. And one place wouldn't allow Victor, they only take dogs under 20#. As the people with the little dogs are the ones that are most guilty of not picking up after them, we were happy to move on to the next place. State and Fed campgrounds rock, and are cheap. I love going camping, it's relaxing and fun.

Bamrz

Z.A.P.T. Member*
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 8, 2010
PA, near Philly
S'OK, my Rotties both had wicked farts, and Xena did too until I found a dog food that worked for her! Blue Buffalo Wilderness, no grain. She gets bison, alligator, salmon and a couple others. It would be WAY too pricey to feed to bigger dogs, but her and Raggy only eat about 1/4 cup twice a day.

With the Rotties it wasn't the food that was a problem, it was when I added table scraps and/or gravy - the GARLIC was what could chase you out of the room! :lol:

FlyingV

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 23, 2010
Victor finally stopped farting when I stopped feeding him commercial dog food. He was better on the SoJo's but it's too expensive. So I just feed him myself now, it's cheaper and he's healthier. His ears never need to be cleaned anymore and he's not stinky.

FlyingV

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 23, 2010
I would be afraid to feed kitties home made food, but am okay with doing what I'm doing for Victor. He gets a balance of meat, veggies, eggs and things like sweet potatoes. He gets big raw bones for added calcium. He had his checkup and rabies shot today, the vet said he's doing fabulous and his weight is good at 75#.

And you know what's in food that you make, no worries about recalls and stuff.

Drottwiler

Old Timer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 20, 2010
Drott's Dog House
Sticky Bacon Biscuits
added by Christine Schnepp

MVfnHMIohtVt61qrlbNBKGbjs3UtYHZbkzbaJx_lRO4KpPK9viFy2U6VqOpH30MMbTVx9N70s7p1BnAKqK-dVlG0Oh9i6aDUDKgaig=s42-p-l68
A recipe I found and simplified by using canned biscuits. My family loves this treat at the breakfast table. I also make it when we have over night company. Enjoy!

Ingredients
1 canned biscuit
2 cups bacon; cooked
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup flour
1/4 cup maple syrup
2 tbsp melted butter
Directions
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F. Lightly grease a round pan. Syrup: Chop the cooked bacon into pieces. Combine the bacon with the remaining syrup ingredients, stirring until well combined. Spread in the bottom of the prepared pan. Place biscuits on top. Bake the biscuits for 10-15 minutes, until they’re golden brown. Remove the biscuits from the oven, and immediately turn the pan over onto a serving plate. Lift off the pan, and scrape any syrup left in the pan onto the biscuits. Pull biscuits apart to serve.

Users who are viewing this thread