The Proper Way to Fill a Tank-Cartomizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

BillyTheWild

ECF Veteran
Apr 13, 2013
Out of Nowhere
Still new at this, so hope somebody can clarify.

I have read 4 different ways of filling a tank-carto and each says the other 3 are wrong and will damage the unit.

1. Fill the tank only. Let it sit for 30 min or longer until juice naturally being drawn into the carto.
  2. Fill the tank only, then take a lot of hard, dry puffs to draw juice into the carto.
  3. Take the carto out of the tank, fill the carto completely with juice, slide the carto in the tank, then fill the tank.
  4. Fill the tank, then drip about half of the carto with juice, then take dry puffs to suck the juice from the tank to fill the bottom half of the carto.

It seems to me that any of these will work and it's just personal preference. But like I mentioed, each one of them says the other methods will damage the carto. What do you guys think?

NICnurse

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 18, 2010
Kansas City, MO
AAAAGH info overload for you, huh! There are tons of suggestions out there. I use a carto/tank everyday. And I have for over a year. To keep it simple, I follow option #3 that you listed above. I punch the carto, fill it with liquid, blow out the excess, put the carto into the tank, and then fill the tank. Easy peasy. I use a syringe and needle to fill the carto to make sure the wick has plenty of juice around it to saturate well. Hope this helps! Good luck!! :)

razor4432

ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
Wisconsin
Baditude will be in here I'm sure but his blog post about them worked for me all the times I used it (basically method 3 using a needle and syringe to get the filler saturated at the bottom). Only being able to get dual coil cartos at the B&M's here and having an eVic I ditched the cartos and stayed with the clearo route, 2.5amp limit never allowed proper performance of those dual coils.

Have now moved on to RBA's (kinda), got an AGA-T+ that's going great. Will give cartotanks a shot once I get a mech mod or Provari since the AGA is heavy and not that on-the-go friendly, makes the Protank feel light.

WalkinRuin

ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2013
Livermore, CA, USA
I'd never fill the tank only. It could work but it also will increase the chance of burning a carto. I use option #3 to ensure the carto is wet although I put the carto in the tank first and then fill, not sure why it would matter. I can see the juice drip out the little hole when it is full. Item four..well how can one tell when a carto of 1/2 full?

-Ray

BillyTheWild

ECF Veteran
Apr 13, 2013
Out of Nowhere
Method #3 seems to be the tidiest and easiest to me also. But opponents of this keep saying that this will "flood" the carto and it's will damage it. I just don't understand their point - isn't the carto supposed to be saturated with juice, so why "flooding" is not good (as long as you don't let juice going to the center tube.) :confused:

hottierockstar

ECF Veteran
Apr 7, 2013
southern california
the ocelot condom method
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...-method-carto-filling-k-backwards-condom.html

baditude method:
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/blogs/baditude/3710-5-cartomizer-tank-setup.html

whichever method you use you do NOT want to drown the filler in the carto...it is not fun to try and vape that way (and it can leak down the post into your battery)
currently i do a mix of both :)

you can also get a tank tool...there are a few different ones with different functions
tank filler tool
Smoktech DCT Refill Funnel
slap yo' mama
http://bigdaddyvapor.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=13&products_id=52

300fury

ECF Veteran
Apr 6, 2013
Rochester mn usa
Easiest way I have found(60 40) juice is to fill the carto first. I drip about 3 drops into filler, not the hole, and blow 3 or 4 short puffs till it disappears, repeat until just a tiny bit of juice comes out the punch hole maybe some out the connector side, I can completely fill a carto in a minute, slide it in fill the tank and your good to go. Using a slap yo mama carto tool to assemble makes life easy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread