The Reator by Doc Dave-Need information

Status
Not open for further replies.

Innova

Mar 18, 2015
Virginia
image.jpeg
I've never tried cotton, but no reason it would not work. Let us know how it turned out!
WOW, you have one !!!!! Beautiful !!!!!
Since you have one and "know it" do you think that my wanting to do a horizontal coil with cotton and legs down into the tank , Origenny style is a "realistic" thing? Figured since its not the airiest ( looks good, has 2 sets of 2 air holes on each side ) I would do around 1.1 ish resistance with a 80Vg/ PG liquid and of course try not to chain vape... I said try.... :)

This is how I do my Origen Genesis's, but of course longer legs into the tank.

View attachment 687005

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
View attachment 687041 I've never tried cotton, but no reason it would not work. Let us know how it turned out!

So far very good, its keeping up, no dry hits, but could be more saturated.

Im going to have to play with it, try different height and diameter of coils and wick to get it perfect.
Im really enjoying it.

cats5365

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2013
United States
Here is the matching mod, its now on my "gotta find" list.
reactor-hybrid-by-doc-dave.jpg
Yay for getting the tank working!
:banana::banana::banana:

I guess that "freebie" tank is going to end up being kind of spendy if you get the matching mod. :facepalm: I like them together though. :thumb:

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
Yes, I have a few mechs, just sitting around.... :rolleyes:

I will give it a try, if not, its going to sit in the case on top of my media blasted JM.

Have any of you seen the mech that this matches? Oh my....
Nope. Pics, dude, pics!

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Well, my friends, I really appreciate all your help and guidance.

I gathered up all my courage and went for it.... I did as Todd instructed and gave it a tap and it now fires up! I was so stressed... I knew I either went for it or ruined it, but if I put it in a drawer and never used it, wasnt it "non-existent" anyway? It did not cost me anything, but that is besides the point, a gifted ounce of gold is still worth the same as one I paid for?

Its not very cloudy, taste is great, might have to raise the coil a bit. Saturated and its keeping up on a mech. ITs just so friggin beautiful , to me :)

View attachment 687037
Dear Lord, that thing is gorgeous! No, dammit, I already bought three mods this week...

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.

Attachments

• _MG_5666.jpg
    _MG_5666.jpg
    696 KB · Views: 45
  • GUS-V2-001.jpg
    GUS-V2-001.jpg
    602.6 KB · Views: 43
  • anatolian-fev-001.jpg
    anatolian-fev-001.jpg
    643.6 KB · Views: 44
  • sarumods-woodpecker-0004.jpg
    sarumods-woodpecker-0004.jpg
    602.2 KB · Views: 46
  • stuff-001.jpg
    stuff-001.jpg
    692.3 KB · Views: 45

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Yeah, Im a mech addict :blush:
Yeah, I hate the nappy things too:

photo1.jpg

Actually, I have had a good week in the used Vapin' Iron category. I managed to close the deal on a CuTe mod (may never have heard of it, they're hand made in Texas of Tellurium Copper) SN 10/250; a Petri V1.5 by Dotmod and a Givo by Arra, SN 0790. The CuTe and the Givo are here but I haven't gotten out the camera to photo them. I have to do the Givo. The dang thing is gorgeous. Here's some pics I stole off the net:

IMG_8410__52576.1395457734.1280.1280.jpg

IMG_8419__96309.1395457756.1280.1280.jpg

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
Yeah, I hate the nappy things too:

View attachment 687689

Actually, I have had a good week in the used Vapin' Iron category. I managed to close the deal on a CuTe mod (may never have heard of it, they're hand made in Texas of Tellurium Copper) SN 10/250; a Petri V1.5 by Dotmod and a Givo by Arra, SN 0790. The CuTe and the Givo are here but I haven't gotten out the camera to photo them. I have to do the Givo. The dang thing is gorgeous. Here's some pics I stole off the net:

IMG_8410__52576.1395457734.1280.1280.jpg

IMG_8419__96309.1395457756.1280.1280.jpg

WOW, thats beautiful, looks like a Greek or Roman column.

I cant wait to see the photos.

Im trying to not browse. I really am trying to not buy, but when one sees something you've been lusting for, for years, its hard. I rather they price it out of this world, impossible expensive, but when its reasonable and you know you can swing it, but shouldn't.....

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
WOW, thats beautiful, looks like a Greek or Roman column.

I cant wait to see the photos.

Im trying to not browse. I really am trying to not buy, but when one sees something you've been lusting for, for years, its hard. I rather they price it out of this world, impossible expensive, but when its reasonable and you know you can swing it, but shouldn't.....
Ain't it the truth? It happens to me all the time. I see some top quality gear, stuff I know sold new for hundreds, carrying a price tag 20% of that and me knees get weak... Got an authentic Kato Hammer like that last month. It was the first mech I ever really wanted bad. I could never afford one, of course. Back then, used ones were $8-900. So when I hit an eBay auction for 60 bucks I just about chit myself. The very best thing about the current (really quite good) regulated mods is people are dumping some very fine mechs for whatever they can get. But I'm not going to buy any more of them. Nope. Not one. Unless I stumble across a Ver 2013 Chi You by Style of Mojo, of course... :)

Xavier_Ninnis

Sep 24, 2012
PDX
I just got one of the most beautiful RTAs Ive ever seen. I have no info on it. Its a genesis, but looks like it could probably be set up like the Origen Genesis.

Its so gorgeous, and I never have much luck with Gennies, but this thing is to DIE for.

I have to be able to use it somehow.

I got in some wonderful gear from the same person and most of it I have NO clue, remember them, but cant find them. I will put them up on a thread separately but THIS one I have to get up and going.

Also got a nice Hydra Genesis, that also looks like it was designed for dual wicks, as well as a gorgeous Copper Kraken. Its like all the holidays put together for a couple years.

Im freaking out man... Its never been used !

View attachment 686797
That entire thing is just stunning. As a matter of fact, after reading further into the thread, I was surprised to learn that mod pictured wasn't designed specifically for that atty. To my eye at least, they seem a matched set as they complement each other so nicely.

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
If I wanted to make the air intake a bit larger, where could I send it ? I dont think Id want to take it on myself. I figure someone here on ECF, has a "guy" :)
Re-reading the thread, I just saw this post. I dunno anybody on the board, but you might look into a gunsmith shop...

Reactions: anavidfan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread