The Rock by Boulder

Status
Not open for further replies.

snkrumble

ECF Veteran
Apr 4, 2015
Port Huron, MI, USA
I tried cotton, was really hard to get enough in the coil without deforming it, but I did do it, but only lasted 2 tanks before getting a burnt taste, so I went back to the silica ones which I get 5+ tanks.

These are the ones I have been using. $2.70 Pre-Coiled Welded Wires w/ Wicks - NR-R-NR (50-Pack) 50-pack - 33 AWG / 2.4ohm / 1-wick at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
Thanks just placed a order for them. Really enjoy these pod devices just don't enjoy the cost if you can't rebuilt refill lol. Just nice to not carry big box and have multiple flavors ready to swap out on the go. No I just gotta hunt down some good tobacco juices. Really wish I could find a black and mild liquid.

Reactions: Burnie

Burnie

The Bug Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2009
Sunny Florida
There's a popup that hits you when you first hit the site if you're a new or about to be new customer. If you sign up for their newsletters, you get a 10% off code.
:facepalm: Just habit, I close popups as quick as I can without reading them, which is real quick. :D

Reactions: DC2

Burnie

The Bug Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2009
Sunny Florida
Yeah, I'm pretty quick on closing them as well. And 10% isn't enough to give my consent for advertising spam. ;)
I didn't give them my real email, I gave them my spam email box. But once I use the 10% off, I will unsubscribe from the newsletter. I was hoping for a 20%+ Memorial Day Sale, but as there home office is in the UK, that could be why I can't find one.

Burnie

The Bug Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2009
Sunny Florida
Well decided to order a couple more. Ordered 2 Rocks & 2 extra packs of coils, total shipped after %10 discount was $30.49. Figured it would not hurt to have some extra backups. :D

On rebuilding, after a while they do loosen up, and I think loose vacuum some, and start leaking. The 2 I was rebuilding I had rebuilt 1/2 dozen times each (or more), but now seem to be leaking into the coil area and flooding (could be a wick problem, but I don't think so). It's a slow leak, but after a few hours it is flooded and leaking inside the pod area of the Rock. So with the rebuilds I am getting 30+ tanks with my gunky juice, if I used a less gunky juice I would get more mileage out of them, but still that is not bad for a less than $4 for the pod & replacement coils.

Reactions: snkrumble

snkrumble

ECF Veteran
Apr 4, 2015
Port Huron, MI, USA
Well decided to order a couple more. Ordered 2 Rocks & 2 extra packs of coils, total shipped after %10 discount was $30.49. Figured it would not hurt to have some extra backups. :D

On rebuilding, after a while they do loosen up, and I think loose vacuum some, and start leaking. The 2 I was rebuilding I had rebuilt 1/2 dozen times each (or more), but now seem to be leaking into the coil area and flooding (could be a wick problem, but I don't think so). It's a slow leak, but after a few hours it is flooded and leaking inside the pod area of the Rock. So with the rebuilds I am getting 30+ tanks with my gunky juice, if I used a less gunky juice I would get more mileage out of them, but still that is not bad for a less than $4 for the pod & replacement coils.

Good to know my coils you linked me shipped today and my rock with 4 extra pods supposed to be here friday. Just waiting for my juice from slowtech to ship out now. Made up some plain stuff french vanilla, strawberry, and some strawberry french vanilla 70pg/30vg. Looking forward to giving this device a run the push button and rebuilding of the pods got me excited. I love my von erl but man some days you have to hit the crap out of it to get it to activate and drives me nuts.

Have to say these little devices have changed my vaping style. Friend that runs a vape shop is supposed to send me a kayfun and russian 91% clones. Haven't touched my smok,super tank, aspire etc for almost a week now. Saving tons of juice.

Reactions: Burnie

Burnie

The Bug Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2009
Sunny Florida
I love my von erl but man some days you have to hit the crap out of it to get it to activate and drives me nuts.
That's why I moved away from the auto fire, I hate having to take a double puff to get a good vape. With a button, I can start to fire it before I start to draw, so I get a good vape every time. I will not buy an auto fire again as I can't control the vape with them. JMHO

snkrumble

ECF Veteran
Apr 4, 2015
Port Huron, MI, USA
Just reporting back. It replaced the von erl with ease. Once I figured out how to get the hit I like from it (more restricted) it works like a champ. The included tobacco juice is not bad at all. Was too strong for my liking but decent flavor I mixed it down with some 0 nic pg with 10% french vanilla pg to bring it down to around 9mg. Lighter tobacco flavor with a hint of french vanilla and it taste great. Basically I hold the device so the fire button is on the bottom and place my 4 fingers split across the top one over the opening on the top side and it's perfect hit for me. Thing i do like about this and my co-worker liked was that it's very wide open you can get a nice airy hit or you can restrict it from part airy to no air with little modding etc. He was sold ordered one on the spot at work for a good stealth out and about vape.

If anyone is on the fence don't be 10 bucks from most places. Pods are pretty cheap even if you don't want to rebuild them (be trying my hand at this when my premade coils show up thanks to Burnie!). The juice imo they sell is not bad at all either I'll probably order some of the tobacco again but think ill grab a 6mg and 18mg (couldnt find any other levels) and mix them together with a hint of cap vanilla.

Burnie

The Bug Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2009
Sunny Florida
is there a rebuild video?
Well I figured out how to do a rebuild video :D
I taped my phone to my magnifying glass, was hard to do looking through the phone screen, but I think it turned out well for my "First Ever How To Video". :banana:

I hope it will help you on your rebuilding efforts. :)

Easier to see if you play it full screen.

Took 4 times as long to upload and publish than it took to film it. :facepalm:

Zen Knitter

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2016
Gold country, Calif.
I taped my phone to my magnifying glass, was hard to do looking through the phone screen, but I think it turned out well for my "First Ever How To Video". :banana:

Great vid Burnie, but what a "pita". Definitely not for my fingers and nails!

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld

Great job, Burnie!!!

3daysNcounting

Apr 25, 2017
Burnie, thank you so much for doing this video! Originally I was so happy about getting the Rock for it's price and the ability to refill the pods with nic salt juices! I had read that it would be a more cost effective solution to get the pre-made coil/wicks and and "simply" rebuild... hmph! Not so simple, for me anyway! :confused:
After watching your video, I see that it IS possible and that it's something that I just may be able to do!!!
Again, thank you!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread