The Rose v2 Rebuildable Atomizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

SINphul

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2013
Ashburn, VA
Hey gang. I've been eyeing the Rose v2 from Eden mods since it was announced, and finally pulled the trigger last night. Ordered from vaporlogicboutique.com, since they had it in stock and the shop seems to have a good rep.

I haven't heard too much talk about it here at ECF, and I was wondering if anyone else here had one as well. I'm planning on making a dual coil cotton setup, but would love to hear any experiences (good or bad) and build recommendations from others with this atty. Anyone out there have one?

doghouse

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2013
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
I just got one today, unfortunately like you I'm also looking for some build ideas. While the RBA is really well built, it's not as easy to setup as the Kayfuns. My first attempt at building was a micro coil (8 Wraps, 30 Gauge) but I found the coil wasn't long enough to properly reach the two holes where you stick your positive and negative wires. Next build was silica, just a plain vanilla coil which worked out better but still struggled a bit with getting the wires aligned perfect to fit in the positive and negative holes. I'm used to re-coiling my Kayfuns in a couple of mins now so I'm sure some of my struggles are just a function of the Rose being a totally different design. Nevertheless I'm also seeking input from anyone that's managed to successfully build micro coils in this thing.

doghouse

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2013
Toronto, Ontario, Canada

petemoss

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 16, 2013
Queens, NY
I tried to buy one one last month on bigbuddavapor site but the software kept rejecting my credit card. Emailed bigbuddah and they told me that the Rose was still in stock, try again. I did but still could couldn't buy one. Called bigbuddah and left a message. No return call. Called again but no answer. I'm done with the Rose.

SINphul

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2013
Ashburn, VA
I tried to buy one one last month on bigbuddavapor site but the software kept rejecting my credit card. Emailed bigbuddah and they told me that the Rose was still in stock, try again. I did but still could couldn't buy one. Called bigbuddah and left a message. No return call. Called again but no answer. I'm done with the Rose.

Try vaporlogicboutique.com. They had it in stock as of a few days ago and shipped super fast. Big Buddha seems to have a lot of issues.

petemoss

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 16, 2013
Queens, NY
Try vaporlogicboutique.com. They had it in stock as of a few days ago and shipped super fast. Big Buddha seems to have a lot of issues.

Hey thanks, SINphul. They seem to have it in stock but I'll have to call and ask if this is ver2, which has many improvements over ver1. Yeah I read that bigbuddah got their Paypal account closed. Prolly someone wrote a comment about ecigs in their payment.

SINphul

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2013
Ashburn, VA
Hey thanks, SINphul. They seem to have it in stock but I'll have to call and ask if this is ver2, which has many improvements over ver1. Yeah I read that bigbuddah got their Paypal account closed. Prolly someone wrote a comment about ecigs in their payment.

Hey petemoss, I called them directly and asked the same question. It is indeed the v2. Cross checked the specs as well to be sure and it all checked out :)

dutch onsea

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 14, 2013
gent/Belgium
First coil made. 30gauge dual 10 wraps each measures out at 1.8 Ohms. Very nice on the futura at 20 Watts!!! Wicks well, even a bit too good. One full turn on the JC and a get a bit of gurgling. Close JC and vape of excess. Perhaps the coils are a bit too low (close to airhole). Try some other configurations after this tank. TOP

dice57

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Mount Vernon, Wa
First off, Frak, frak, frakkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk!! Why oh why did I have to click on this thread, FRAK!!!! A limited release of a highly sought after rba, in an improved version 2. FRAK! double frak.

Apologies, end of rant. grrrr

Thanks for this info, as of this posting, rose 2 was still available. (frak)

Hey petemoss, I called them directly and asked the same question. It is indeed the v2. Cross checked the specs as well to be sure and it all checked out :)

Good info on this too. After watching the V2 review, one can clearly see by the pics that they are selling the V2. grrrr.

First coil made. 30gauge dual 10 wraps each measures out at 1.8 Ohms. Very nice on the futura at 20 Watts!!! Wicks well, even a bit too good. One full turn on the JC and a get a bit of gurgling. Close JC and vape of excess. Perhaps the coils are a bit too low (close to airhole). Try some other configurations after this tank. TOP

That there alone is probably the cincher for buying this rba. Means one can open it up to supply enough juice past warp 30. The Rose V2 has everything I desire in a tanked rba. offered in a full metal jacket version, air supplied from the side and not the stem (this is why I never bought a sQuape), adjustable air control. Having juice control is a plus.

Try just cracking open the juice control just 1/4 of a turn at a time. They mentioned something about the sensitivity on the review vid. My Aqua jc is the same way, only time I have to open more than 1/2 turn is when wick starts to gunk up.

Originals like the rose are usually very hard to obtain. When I first discover the rose, was saddened I couldn't get one. Was actually surprised I found one.

Last edited:

dutch onsea

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 14, 2013
gent/Belgium
Definately more sensitive jc than the GG-stuff (ithaka/penelope). I don`t have an aqua, but I do own a new estia and that one is also more forgiving. But this is an awsome vape, unbelievable... I heard on the english forum that they made a bigger batch this time, so they should be more easily obtainable. But my guess is people will be jumping on this one. Stellar vape

dice57

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Mount Vernon, Wa
Understandable. Tis probably the only reason I was able to score one. It's one of those items in the world of vape that if you can appreciate it, you'd be forever regretful if allowed to pass ones grasp. Really appreciate the detail they've gone to presenting this rba. Thought the plastic containers for the spare parts kit was a nice touch, and then the helpful mounting stand that comes with. That puppy adds extreme foresight and value in the total rose package. Saw the Rose V2, and thought it would be just the thing to top the S.Max. MaximumRose, or SuperRose, or um Rosemax,no, hmm. The wait has begun again. lmao.

Edit: Well just went back to vapor logic boutique, and the Rose shows as sold out. Glad my buy now finger was in working order when I found it. lmao. Now crossing my fingers will receive a shipping notice upon waking this after noon. Frak, that was a close one.

Last edited:

petemoss

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 16, 2013
Queens, NY
Out of stock already? Glad I managed to snag one after calling to confirm it was ver 2. After watching a few videos of Rose builds, I was impressed with how roomy the ceramic cup was compared with the tiny cups on my Sophias and Divers. Those small cups were a nightmare to seat into the base and I ended up cracking the first one. The Rose's cup drops in easily and doesn't require non-resistance wire.

The whole process looks easy compared with my struggles with the Sophia and the Diver where you had to wedge one wire between the cup and the base. The other wire went inside the tube at the bottom of the cup and was held in place by a brass positive pin. Any wire thicker than 32 gauge made it nearly impossible to seat the cup.

To me, the Rose seems designed for rebuilding by rebuilders. The SS build platform with a 510 connector and built in fork to unscrew the base is a nice thoughtful touch. I can't wait to get my hands on the Rose! Hopefully I'll get it by the end of the week. oh I forgot to mention shipping was only $10 compared with $30 BBV wanted.

ronpaek100

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2013
Los Angeles, CA
10259138_581049905324059_180371299677881024_o.jpg

Hana Modz v3 + Rose v2 ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread