The Rose v2 Rebuildable Atomizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
Stanthemanchan, you were right, the hole is off-center! Got my Rose clone today (from e-cloudvapes) and right away, I had problems. The o-ring in the top cap was too big and already shredded and the o-ring below the AFC ring was torn. I was able to replace both o-rings from my growing collection of parts and finally got it working, but it wasn't easy. I feel the top cap hole should have been chamfered to prevent the sharp edge from cutting the o-ring. Also the chimney threads were very rough, making it hard to screw on without cross threading.

For less than $40 and a little work, I have a usable Rose, so I'm somewhat satisfied. But I think that someone using the Rose for the first time would have regretted buying this clone.

I had the same torn o ring at the top of the chimney. My threads were crunchy, too, and now they are working pretty well. And the afc is finally spinning freely.

petemoss

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 16, 2013
Queens, NY
I had the same torn o ring at the top of the chimney. My threads were crunchy, too, and now they are working pretty well. And the afc is finally spinning freely.

Good to hear you got everything working now, roxynoodle. I see why I'm having such a hard time screwing on the chimney/ drip tip piece. It's slightly bent, probably from forcing the tip and o-ring into the top cap. I'll just fill it from the top. What you suggested earlier is the best solution- deepen the groove for the o-ring. I'll see if my friend can do that on his lathe.

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
So far this has been the only clone I've had that's, well, clonish, lol! So I'm not complaining too much (I hope).

My Taifun has better threading than the authentic Kayfun I was using that belongs to a friend. I've been quite delighted with that one.

And maybe its just the pics but the black finish on my stingray looks nicer to me than what's on the authentic one in the classies.

Unfortunately there won't be a lot of authentics in Roxy's house. I am disabled and have huge medical bills. And I care for a slew of old and/or special needs animals who have large vet bills. The bird in my avi was at the vet again yesterday :(

I do want to get myself one nice thing for Christmas. Not sure what yet.

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
Good to hear you got everything working now, roxynoodle. I see why I'm having such a hard time screwing on the chimney/ drip tip piece. It's slightly bent, probably from forcing the tip and o-ring into the top cap. I'll just fill it from the top. What you suggested earlier is the best solution- deepen the groove for the o-ring. I'll see if my friend can do that on his lathe.

Try lubing that o ring with juice when you fill as well. That's helping me.

retic1959

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2013
New Orleans , Louisiana
My Infinite Rose clone came today and I have to say I'm pretty impressed with it , the threading is smooth , the airflow is properly located and is unobstructed by the afc ring . The afc ring has just enough friction on it to keep it in place but rotates smoothly with little effort , no lubrication needed . Nice brushed finish on it . I was in a hurry to get it built having someplace I needed to be so I built it without the ceramic cup , single 24ga Gplat coil , 10 wraps at 2,4mm ID came out to .41 ohms wicked with rayon . Intense flavor , dense vapor , wicking beautifully with the juice control backed out about 3 1/2 - 4 turns . It's edging out my Heron clone in flavor and it demolishes my kayfuns . It's performing exactly how I hoped it would , I could never run my kayfuns this warm , the juice flow and wicking can't cope with it . I'm very happy with this atty .

Stanthemanchan, you were right, the hole is off-center! Got my Rose clone today (from e-cloudvapes) and right away, I had problems. The o-ring in the top cap was too big and already shredded and the o-ring below the AFC ring was torn. I was able to replace both o-rings from my growing collection of parts and finally got it working, but it wasn't easy. I feel the top cap hole should have been chamfered to prevent the sharp edge from cutting the o-ring. Also the chimney threads were very rough, making it hard to screw on without cross threading.

I think the one from E-Cloud Vapes is a different clone than the one I got from Fasttech. Mine has white o-rings and more of a mirror finish. Also I had no problems with crunchiness in any of the threads. The only issue I had was from the off-center airhole. The fit and finish on the FT clone is pretty much perfect.

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Imperial Beach, California
I bought four of them altogether, three from FT and one from E-clouds.
The one from E-Clouds and the one from FT that comes with the base appear to be from the same manufacturer, but the one from E-Couds is brushed and the one with the base from FT is polished.
The two brushed ones from FT appear to be from a different manufacturer than the ones that come with the base, I'm to understand these come off the same line as the Infinite ones.
All mine are pretty good machining wise (except for the misaligned air holes on the ones with the bases but I fixed that)

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Imperial Beach, California
I took these pictures because I'm at work and without my trusty magnifier lamp ( I can't see them otherwise ). So I thought I'd go ahead and post'em.
This is the first dry burn on this one, it appeared to still be vaping good but was much better afterward.
before:
1475796_872223802801845_4226746360188690069_n.jpg

And after:
10361498_872223972801828_3580586279422835509_n.jpg

I'm at work, I'm bored.

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
My Infinite Rose clone came today and I have to say I'm pretty impressed with it , the threading is smooth , the airflow is properly located and is unobstructed by the afc ring . The afc ring has just enough friction on it to keep it in place but rotates smoothly with little effort , no lubrication needed . Nice brushed finish on it . I was in a hurry to get it built having someplace I needed to be so I built it without the ceramic cup , single 24ga Gplat coil , 10 wraps at 2,4mm ID came out to .41 ohms wicked with rayon . Intense flavor , dense vapor , wicking beautifully with the juice control backed out about 3 1/2 - 4 turns . It's edging out my Heron clone in flavor and it demolishes my kayfuns . It's performing exactly how I hoped it would , I could never run my kayfuns this warm , the juice flow and wicking can't cope with it . I'm very happy with this atty .

Where did you get the Infinite one from? I really like their clones. I might get another one. Have to admit I love the flavor on this tank.

I see Big Buhda (sp, sorry) has the authentic on clearance for $170, but still out of my range with all the expenses I've had lately.

retic1959

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2013
New Orleans , Louisiana
Where did you get the Infinite one from? I really like their clones. I might get another one. Have to admit I love the flavor on this tank. I see Big Buhda (sp, sorry) has the authentic on clearance for $170, but still out of my range with all the expenses I've had lately.
I don't know if this is the best price you can find on this one but this is where I got mine . Rose V2 RBA Clone by Infinite $39.99 - VividSmoke.com

retic1959

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2013
New Orleans , Louisiana
Some may not post due to clone comments :D. They are also posting on ft and fc threads.
Ahhhh , clones are a fact of life now , to each their own , I'm retired on a limited income so I do what I have to do , not necessarily what I want to do and I don't really care if some people don't understand it , they ain't living my life .

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
Ahhhh , clones are a fact of life now , to each their own , I'm retired on a limited income so I do what I have to do , not necessarily what I want to do and I don't really care if some people don't understand it , they ain't living my life .

Same here. Retired, fixed income. And worse, early retirement due to serious health problem. So still have a mortgage and big medical bills. It is what it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread