Status
Not open for further replies.

jmercury1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
ny
hi fellow vapors,
i have purchased and used 2 kayfun/russians and they are great so far. but now i want to get an authentic the russian 91%, before i get one i wanted to ask you all which version should i get? i heard that there is one version that when you build and test the ohms it goes up and down. so i dont want that version. any help would be great. thanks and as always keep on vaping.
also, if you know any places that carry them,please let me know.

horton

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2010
Left Side of Florida
I believe V1 would be what you want. The new one, V2, is the one with the ohm jumping problems. Kebo says they are sending out kits to fix it, but I don't believe they have reached the States yet. There are several vendors selling the Russian 91%....using ECF's search or doing a quick Google should turn up several.

State O' Flux

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
Seattle
i want to get an authentic the russian 91%, before i get one i wanted to ask you all which version should i get? i heard that there is one version that when you build and test the ohms it goes up and down.
V1 = nicely threaded 510 pin with a "stackable" o-ring spacing capability = consistent Ω readings.
V2 = spring loaded 510 pin with "variable continuity", requiring hand machining operations to correct the existing parts = inconsistent Ω readings.

If you don't have the tools/aptitude/willingness to grind, file and tap new parts - find a V1, or wait for the Kebo "oops... well that certainly was good intentions become a bad idea" parts kit.

Horton's Google search suggestion is the safest bet to find one, in the US, in stock.

carrielsal

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2013
This post describes the issue with the v2 spring loaded center ping, http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...ussian-91-v2-irratic-resistance-readings.html.

Kebo has stopped manufacturing the spring loaded center pin, but as far as I know all vendors with v2 still have the v2 with the problem center pin. If you want to buy an R91 today make sure you get a v1.
This site is taking pre-orders for the black R91v2, but it will have the v1 center pin; Black Russian 91% RBA | Russian 91% | Russian Parts.

jmercury1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
ny
well vapors, i finally got an Authentic russian 91% v1 from the great company EVCigarettes.com. i cleaned it, built a coil for it 1.4ohm.on my provari 2.5mini or mvp 2.0, very nice quality, alittle better than my 3 clones. i really enjoyed working on it. vapes great but i notice a slight metallic taste. but it could possibly be just me with vape tounge. lol. too much vaping the same favorite strawberry ejuice. but overall it was a great purchase. im still waiting for my real black kayfun lite v2 black and gold black series off of Ebay. it has many great features. i should have it by friday. hopefully its as great as its says. ill let you all know, when i get it. take care vapors.

VAscooter

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 23, 2014
Springfield, MO
well vapors, i finally got an Authentic russian 91% v1 from the great company EVCigarettes.com. i cleaned it, built a coil for it 1.4ohm.on my provari 2.5mini or mvp 2.0, very nice quality, alittle better than my 3 clones. i really enjoyed working on it. vapes great but i notice a slight metallic taste. but it could possibly be just me with vape tounge. lol. too much vaping the same favorite strawberry ejuice. but overall it was a great purchase. im still waiting for my real black kayfun lite v2 black and gold black series off of Ebay. it has many great features. i should have it by friday. hopefully its as great as its says. ill let you all know, when i get it. take care vapors.

I have 3 KFL+ and even after cleaning really good before using had the same metallic taste as well. It went away after the first tank and now flavor is great.

horton

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2010
Left Side of Florida
Like VA said, the metal taste will disappear after running through a tank. I had the same problem with mine. Cleaned the heck out of them, to the point of total dis-assembly, and still tasted metal. I actually got tired of cleaning and wanted to try my device and that's how I figured out that by using it the metallic taste would disappear. Only took one tank for me and BAM (per Emeril...lol) things were fine....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread