• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

The Sar Shalom On-Line Hebrew-English Bible! - Another indepth Bible Study resource I've found useful....

Status
Not open for further replies.

blondeambition3

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
FL, USA
blondeambition3.wix.com
An incredible resource that I just had to share.

Genesis

*I've found that comparing the original Hebrew translations to the King Jame's Version of the Bible to be quite interesting.... I've included an example;

[h=1]And God created great whales, and every living creature that moveth, which the waters brought forth abundantly after their kind, and every winged foul after his kind: and God saw that it was good. -Genesis 1:21[/h]

Now, the Hebrew to English translation reads;

And God created the great sea-monsters, and every living creature that moveth, wherewith the waters swarmed, after their kind, and every winged bird after its kind: and God saw that it was good

mightymen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Nov 22, 2012
    No you can't
    *I've found that comparing the original Hebrew translations to the King Jame's Version of the Bible to be quite interesting

I find that there was another prospective from those who lived 1000's of years ago, they talked much different then us.

With a limited vocabulary there language was more direct towards descriptions and not so much on what, I always have to keep in mind that there world consisted of what they knew back then. They were no wrist watches, one would have to put a stick in the ground and look at the shadow while keeping in mind what angle the sun was at and it wasn't that simple keeping track of dates also. We also see dates where every we look at something like newspapers, computer, bills, TV etc. IMO: I would think way back, it would be very easy to lose track of dates and times but still be in the general area of time though when I see thus said the Lord I know it's in an exact time and date because the Lord is never wrong.

Like when they said son of Abraham, son Isaac, son Jacob while we say my name is Mr. Smith(my great, great, great grandfather was Mr. Smith). While I'm not telling you how my relatives lived or what there were responsible for back then YOU WOULD KNOW Abraham was a leader of a tribe and wealthy etc. MOST INTRESTING.

Good find.

Do you know there's 82 different way's to use Yom in Hebrew, a simple easy understood word in our time period that gives different meaning to a three letter word - day.

Last edited:

mightymen

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Nov 22, 2012
    No you can't
    Genesis 1 verse 5 in KJV says - "And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day." now take a look at it in Hebrew.

try4.gif

The Days of Genesis for those who can't read Hebrew

Took 21 words in English to say it in Hebrew took only 9 words.

IMO: it is much more direct and to the point in Hebrew, God made it and that's why it exist.

Edit in.

In English I find it strange that we have to be explained to that we lack some sort of understanding when it says- God CALLED IT - light - darkness. When I read it in Hebrew I see it as God wanted it and it was done. In English the focus is on when God CALLED it like God had to do two things, think on it and make it so and in Hebrew I see the focus being put on not when God CALLED IT.

(to me that looks like God had to act on it for it to come to past so it would exist)

IMO" In Hebrew the action takes place when God wanted it, God only needs to want something to have it come to past! God is not restricted, so I don't see the need to visualize God saying something to have be so.

Last edited:

blondeambition3

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 29, 2009
    FL, USA
    blondeambition3.wix.com
    Genesis 1 verse 5 in KJV says - "And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day." now take a look at it in Hebrew.

Took 21 words in English to say it in Hebrew took only 9 words.

IMO: it is much more direct and to the point in Hebrew, God made it and that's why it exist.

Fascinating!!!!! :thumbs:

Thank you for the link to another awesome sight for study.... :thumbs:

mightymen

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Nov 22, 2012
    No you can't
    Thoughts on the Hebrew language.

Hebrew, as one may know, is considered by the Bible to be the first language. It is the language through which God spoke in creating the world. Hence, Hebrew was not just created by God, but utilized by God in creating the world. Much wisdom is attributed to the words and letters in the Hebrew language.

Understanding the concepts that are invested in words can aid us in our own lives. As an interesting example, the word "love" which is thrown about so freely in English, has a special meaning in Hebrew. Love in Hebrew is "Ahava" , which is made up of three basic Hebrew letters, . These three letters actually are broken down into two parts: a two letter base or root, , and the first letter, , which is a modifier. The meaning of the two letter base, , is "to give". The letter "aleph" , which precedes these two letters comes to modify the meaning of the base word, "give". The meaning of , is "I give" and also "love".

We now see the connection between the two words, "I give" and "love". Love is giving. Now only is love giving, but the actual process of giving develops the very connection between the giver and the receiver. There is no greater giving than that of a husband and wife. Each one gives to the other. The more giving that one does, the greater is the connection.
    The Meaning of Love, as understood from Hebrew Language

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread