The Spiteful Hand of God....

Status
Not open for further replies.

centurian

ECF Veteran
OK so this story begins yesterday.
Just getting to work, geared up with two freshly charged batteries , four freshly filled carts and two freshly cleaned out and primed atomizers. enough to last that six hour shift. and hour drive.
so as i am getting settled, puffing away, something happens... oh no.... the atomizer went cold. dont really think anything of it, this atomizer had been about 2 months old... surprised ive had it that long... so i switch it out with my other.. thinking oh this sucks to have just one all day... but oh well... get everything all together and go to take a puff... oh no.... this ones cold too....
so switch out the batteries,... this will work im saying... oh no...the atomizers must be dead!
ok i say. only 6 hours plus the half hour drive to get home to my spares.
so after that painful day of no vape i get home and eagerly get to my stash of 5 new atomizers....
prime it up, put a cart on and ...
oh no...
dead...
the next...
dead
and so on.
Dead Dead Dead!!
Well WTF??! im yelling. all five fraking atomizers dead??
neither my manual battery or white auto battery are firing them up... these were charged for at least eight hours....
so
i find my other auto i had that wasnt behaving and threw an atomizer on it... it worked... slightly...
so i throw that on the charger...
and wait... four Fn hours.
yes that is now about ten hours with no vape.
couldnt even think straight.
and yes.
had an analog.
:(
ok now. after four hours i go to try the auto battery that had fired the atomizers up a little... and now..... wait for it...
NOTHING.
DEAD DEAD DEAD!
so im guessing that this could either be that
A.) all seven of these atomizers died simultaneously.
B.) the batteries are dead
C.) the charger is broken
D.) god hates me

im resting on answer D. but it is more than likely B or C. curious what you guys might think is the culprit.
thankfully im being hooked up with two new batteries and a new charger so ill be able to see what is actually wrong... but that wont be here till wednesday. 8-o
dammit.

and the real ball kicker of this story is, i have two new kits on order just so i would have a ton of spares and back ups laying around just in case this happened...
but they wont be here till friday or saturday.
so yes. OF COURSE this happened BEFORE i got them.

any thoughts?

oh BTW im using a 510 Yeti....

had the 901 as a backup but thought i was being clever and sold it to buy the two new kits.... ugh.

and yes i know i have to rest that fraking counter. :(

Last edited:

Ladycats

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2008
Western North Carolina
lol !! I haven't a clue what to tell you .... I too have had attys fail, one right after the other ... bam, bam, bammmm and I use a Pen style .... no idea why ... personally .. I'd go with answer D, but that's just me :p

But I have to say, your sense of humor is fantastic !!! Don't ever lose it .. it will serve you well ;)

I do hope you get it all sorted out SOON .... good luck :)

let_there_be_vaping

ECF Veteran
Apr 29, 2009
Sorry to hear about your devastating day!

I was given a disposable type vapor recently, which lasted all of 2 sessions of vaping... grrr.

But! I just luved, luved, luved it and am anxiously awaiting my Dura-C starter kit.

So, I sorta know how you feel. I really didn't want to ever smoke an analog again after vaping, but here I am waiting and burning leaf.

Maybe we can wait together and cry on each other's shoulders while we wait?

let_there_be_vaping

ECF Veteran
Apr 29, 2009
perhaps.... sucks you know? although a friend of mine had a smoking everywhere kit he wasnt using so im somewhat vaping again.... this thing holds nothing compared to the 510...but should be up and going in a couple of days.
what are thos disposable types like?

Worked wonderfully, but the charge didn't last long, and the vaporizer constantly needed to be blown out, and while it could be me... I got lots of juice in my mouth, and well... even with the battery being dead dead after two uses, it was still quite enjoyable for the total of 4 hours I was able to use it.

I am, however, looking forward to a more trouble free vaping experience... lol, I can hope anyway!

Glad your friend had a kit he wasn't using... what a blessing!

centurian

ECF Veteran
seriously.. i think i am being punished.... blagh.
outlook better cause im back to vapin. :) friend gave me back my old smokin everywhere kit....
nifits - my manual had no LED, but the other one that first wasnt working was a white auto and the LED worked fine... was blinking just lit up like should during a drag... but no vapor.

katink

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2008
the Netherlands
E. Bad connection between atomizer and battery/passthrough.

You wiped the threads so those should be okay; but the insides (the small plates on top of batt/pt and at bottom of atomizer) should have contact also. It's a known issue that some (brands of) atomizers don't contact well or even at all with some brands of batteries/passthroughs...

centurian

ECF Veteran
katink - i had cleaned all areas possible.plates on both atty and battery. still no go.
blueknight - no overdripping. no cleaning... all of the five were brand new still in their wrappers. seriously thinking it is the charger... ill find out on wednesday. getting some replacement stuff from my supplier.
tried firing up the atomizers by holding them tightly against some npro and smoking everywhere batteries and they actually fired up. so this is leading me to believe its the charger and or battery.
ahhhh... what a weekend

rsngfrce

ECF Veteran
katink - i had cleaned all areas possible.plates on both atty and battery. still no go.
blueknight - no overdripping. no cleaning... all of the five were brand new still in their wrappers. seriously thinking it is the charger... ill find out on wednesday. getting some replacement stuff from my supplier.
tried firing up the atomizers by holding them tightly against some npro and smoking everywhere batteries and they actually fired up. so this is leading me to believe its the charger and or battery.
ahhhh... what a weekend

OK... have to ask! Have you tried plugging the charger into a different outlet? Have you taken the plug out of the charger and put it back in? Is the light on the charger acting normally when you are charging?

Definately sound to me like your batteries aren't charged... I don't believe all your atomizers would die at the same time.

I think you need a multimeter...
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...nyone-know-way-testing-voltage-batteries.html

My wife told me last night one of her batteries was dead. She said she had just charged it for 3 hours and it wasn't working. I charged it and it worked fine, as I thought it would. What went wrong for her? Really don't know. I've charged a battery before and had it be dead when I went to use it then work fine when I charged it again too. Strange.

katink

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2008
the Netherlands
I beleive you about the cleaning... but what I said is NOT about the cleaning; it is possible that the two plates are simply not touching each other - and so: no contact, no power, no go...
Hope you get it solved though!

centurian

ECF Veteran
hmmm good point katink. could be the new atomizers dont contact all the way... but the batteries are also not firing up the atomizers that i was using early that morning... like i said it went cold at work... now it could be that those two died and these five dont connect... but thats alot the mysterious fraking around with me.
rsng - i did unplug the charger and change the plug... however i did not try a different outlet. honestly just didnt think of it.... i will try that...
that was happening to me a couple days prior, like your wifes mine would last perhaps maybe an hour or so on a four hour charge.... (the manual) the auto would last a good amount of time, however the damn thing got really hot. not the atomizer, the battery.
which started to get me worried... but i was like, oh i got stuff on its way...
hum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread