The Squonk Fairy visits!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bochawa

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 19, 2014
Naples, Italy
That's right! Reo Grand Silver Vein delivered by the Squonk Fairy today. My BetelGeuse tastes delicious out of it! Of course I started the day with all three mods filled with BG so I could do a side by side taste test.

Here's what I found:

Aerotank- 1.8 ohm coil at 4 volts- The AT is super convenient for me. I travel a lot and being able to just grab a box of coils and pop one in and be back up and running in no time is awesome. The flavor and vapor are just fine and the adjustable airflow is great to have.

Kayfun- 2.0 ohm micro coil with cotton at 4 volts- The KayFun is super smooth and tastes way better than the AT, but with the bottom fill screw kind of a PITA on the go. Not to mention the task of taking everything apart to change out wicks or coils.

Reo- RM2 with 1.3 ohm micro coil, cotton, and a fresh battery- The Reo might be the best tasting off all three. But as I learned with the KayFun the coil is easy, it's the wicking that's the hard part. I find I am getting dry hits after about four or five seconds of pulling. I will have to try a bit more cotton, and maybe be a little less timid on the squonking. Coiling and rewicking easier than the KF but a different learning curve I haven't quite got the hang of yet.

Either way the KayFun and the Reo are my two favorite NT delivery devices and will only see NT juice from here on out. I think that BG may just live full time in my Reo! I never would have thought the right hardware would make such a huge difference but it has!

CreepyLady

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Salem, MA, USA
Congrats! On the RM2 try less cotton- less is more on that one :)

The easiest way I can explain the cotton- literally the tiniest piece that will stay in place in your coil. Dont twist it super tight, twist it just enough to go through the coil and when you put it through untwist and make sure it has only a tiny hint of resistance. Then trim the ends basically as close as you can (leaves about 1/8 inch on each side) and no need to squonk timidly- Reo isnt fragile :D

This video actually shows how to do the cotton *perfectly*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BP_iwf_gTew&feature=youtu.be

Congrats on your Reo :D And for yummy NT in it!!

Kevin33

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 19, 2014
Kaiserslautern, Germany
Congrats on El Reo.

If you are getting dry hits, it could be too much cotton. After you get a dry hit, you could take off the top, and unless the whole piece of cotton is getting a little white, you should not be getting a dry hit. If the cotton on the outside of the coil is still wet, try less cotton.

I make 2 mm (fat) coils that are spaced out. I only leave 3 mm of cotton hanging out on one side (the non squonk hole side) and I get about 5 hits before I squonk. So, most of the cotton is actually inside of the coil.

taki1203

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2013
NorCal
If it makes you feel any better I get maybe two hits off of this set up before needing to squonk :p

Oh and welcome to the bottom feeding world.
2014-05-05%2016.08.58.jpg

Kent Brooks

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2013
Omaha, Nebraska, United States
www.nicoticket.com
That's right! Reo Grand Silver Vein delivered by the Squonk Fairy today. My BetelGeuse tastes delicious out of it! Of course I started the day with all three mods filled with BG so I could do a side by side taste test.

Here's what I found:

Aerotank- 1.8 ohm coil at 4 volts- The AT is super convenient for me. I travel a lot and being able to just grab a box of coils and pop one in and be back up and running in no time is awesome. The flavor and vapor are just fine and the adjustable airflow is great to have.

Kayfun- 2.0 ohm micro coil with cotton at 4 volts- The KayFun is super smooth and tastes way better than the AT, but with the bottom fill screw kind of a PITA on the go. Not to mention the task of taking everything apart to change out wicks or coils.

Reo- RM2 with 1.3 ohm micro coil, cotton, and a fresh battery- The Reo might be the best tasting off all three. But as I learned with the KayFun the coil is easy, it's the wicking that's the hard part. I find I am getting dry hits after about four or five seconds of pulling. I will have to try a bit more cotton, and maybe be a little less timid on the squonking. Coiling and rewicking easier than the KF but a different learning curve I haven't quite got the hang of yet.

Either way the KayFun and the Reo are my two favorite NT delivery devices and will only see NT juice from here on out. I think that BG may just live full time in my Reo! I never would have thought the right hardware would make such a huge difference but it has!

Congrats on the REO!! Gorgeous little piece of kit!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread