The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.
  1. Hi Guest! 

Seasons Greetings. Just to let you know that a new giveaway has just started. 

This one's from our friends at Humble Vape Co. and I hope you'll take part for a chance to be one of the ten winners of their great prizes. 

ecfhumble

See our giveaway page for full details. This one's for US residents only. 

Good luck! 

Oliver

Dismiss Notice

The STINGER-Kicked 26650 APV Mod!!!

Discussion in 'Nhaler' started by Drewsworld, Nov 7, 2012.

Tags:
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. jkmtwo

jkmtwo Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 31, 2012
    Lebanon TN
    Yeah, I did a little bit of study on the orange ones out there, and apparently there are a lot of fakes of those, I feel pretty well safe to say you have authentic batts, so I will stick with you guys.

I will do a little more investigating with the charger. If I cant figure it out Ill send you an email. Thanks Drew.

2. siouxsie

siouxsie Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 9, 2010
    Minnesota
    I'd like to see a Stinger without the kit...don't need battery, charger, drip tip or carto and don't want to pay for what I don't need. I understand if all you get from the manufacturer are the kits, you might not be able to comply.

3. Drewsworld

Drewsworld Resting In Peace

Mar 14, 2009
    New Jersey
    I will check into this...As I remember though the kits were only slightly more with the batteries and charger so I figured most peeps dont have 26650s laying around. But I hear ya and I will definitely check with the manufacturer. Thanks and Happy New Year!
    Drew

4. Drewsworld

Mar 14, 2009
    New Jersey
  5. jkmtwo

Jan 31, 2012
    Lebanon TN
    I am having an issue, when I have a Kick in, and I've tried this with 3 different Kicks, and they all work in other devices, but in the Stinger with a Kick it won't fire, it will fire without the Kick, just not with it. I haven't dropped it.

Any idea what this could be?

6. Drewsworld

Mar 14, 2009
    New Jersey
    Try cleaning the internal ring with alcohol or something or maybe a little sandpaper on the inside of te ring. Sounds like it isnt making good contact with the Kick. Let me know how you make out.
    Drew

7. jkmtwo

Jan 31, 2012
    Lebanon TN
    Thanks Drew, it worked, I cleaned the center pin and the spring as well as I could, but the ring never occurred to me. Makes sense now :facepalm: lol but I just hadn't figured it would be dirty.

8. jkmtwo

Jan 31, 2012
    Lebanon TN
    Thanks again Drew, my life wouldn't be right without my Stinger.

9. Drewsworld

Mar 14, 2009
    New Jersey
    Cool...Sometimes the ring gets a little funked up after heavy use or sitting. I think it has something to do with the humidity (if I had to guess) but not sure. I had this happen in The Summer time once and haven't had any issues since its been colder? SO who knows.... Its an easy enough fix though...Thanks,
    Drew

10. Killjoy1

Killjoy1 Ω Destroyer Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Aug 15, 2011
    New Hampshire, US
    FWIW, I've been in that situation with several mods, thinking they're all nice and clean and then having Kick issues and not knowing why :facepalm: It's just become second-nature to me to clean every contact point for the Kick before inserting it, I don't even think about it anymore, it's become automatic :laugh:

That said, I'm loving the Stinger! :vapor: Took me a while to get used to the size, but lately it's been getting a lot of use

11. siouxsie

Aug 9, 2010
    Minnesota
    Also can use noalox at or on the contact points.

12. Killjoy1

Killjoy1 Ω Destroyer Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Aug 15, 2011
    New Hampshire, US
    I've used noalox before and my experience has been that it makes more mess than is worth any benefit gained (and I haven't had any noticeable benefit), so I don't use it anymore. Just my opinion, though, I know a lot of people swear by the stuff and if it works for them that's great :)

13. siouxsie

Aug 9, 2010
    Minnesota
    You're right, it can get messy, but there are times when nothing else will work. Until Evolv starts plating the brass or using some other non-oxidizing metal the problem will persist.

14. jkmtwo

Jan 31, 2012
    Lebanon TN
    Yeah, thanks again Drew, in my case its no doubt heavy use, lol.

15. jkmtwo

Jan 31, 2012
    Lebanon TN
    Oh yeah, I usually clean all of my contacts weekly or bi-weekly. But I've never had this particular issue before, makes sense now, and its something I'm definitely gonna start doing now though ha.

16. Drewsworld

Mar 14, 2009
    New Jersey