Status
Not open for further replies.

jkmtwo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2012
Lebanon TN
Yeah, I did a little bit of study on the orange ones out there, and apparently there are a lot of fakes of those, I feel pretty well safe to say you have authentic batts, so I will stick with you guys.

I will do a little more investigating with the charger. If I cant figure it out Ill send you an email. Thanks Drew.

Drewsworld

Resting In Peace
Mar 14, 2009
New Jersey
www.nhaler.com
Cool...Sometimes the ring gets a little funked up after heavy use or sitting. I think it has something to do with the humidity (if I had to guess) but not sure. I had this happen in The Summer time once and haven't had any issues since its been colder? SO who knows.... Its an easy enough fix though...Thanks,
Drew

Killjoy1

Ω Destroyer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2011
New Hampshire, US
Thanks Drew, it worked, I cleaned the center pin and the spring as well as I could, but the ring never occurred to me. Makes sense now :facepalm: lol but I just hadn't figured it would be dirty.

FWIW, I've been in that situation with several mods, thinking they're all nice and clean and then having Kick issues and not knowing why :facepalm: It's just become second-nature to me to clean every contact point for the Kick before inserting it, I don't even think about it anymore, it's become automatic :laugh:

That said, I'm loving the Stinger! :vapor: Took me a while to get used to the size, but lately it's been getting a lot of use

siouxsie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2010
Minnesota
FWIW, I've been in that situation with several mods, thinking they're all nice and clean and then having Kick issues and not knowing why :facepalm: It's just become second-nature to me to clean every contact point for the Kick before inserting it, I don't even think about it anymore, it's become automatic :laugh:

That said, I'm loving the Stinger! :vapor: Took me a while to get used to the size, but lately it's been getting a lot of use

Also can use noalox at or on the contact points.

siouxsie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2010
Minnesota
I've used noalox before and my experience has been that it makes more mess than is worth any benefit gained (and I haven't had any noticeable benefit), so I don't use it anymore. Just my opinion, though, I know a lot of people swear by the stuff and if it works for them that's great :)

You're right, it can get messy, but there are times when nothing else will work. Until Evolv starts plating the brass or using some other non-oxidizing metal the problem will persist.

Last edited:

jkmtwo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2012
Lebanon TN
Drewsworld:8392108 said:
Cool...Sometimes the ring gets a little funked up after heavy use or sitting. I think it has something to do with the humidity (if I had to guess) but not sure. I had this happen in The Summer time once and haven't had any issues since its been colder? SO who knows.... Its an easy enough fix though...Thanks,
Drew

Yeah, thanks again Drew, in my case its no doubt heavy use, lol.

jkmtwo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2012
Lebanon TN
Killjoy1:8396760 said:
Thanks Drew, it worked, I cleaned the center pin and the spring as well as I could, but the ring never occurred to me. Makes sense now :facepalm: lol but I just hadn't figured it would be dirty.

Oh yeah, I usually clean all of my contacts weekly or bi-weekly. But I've never had this particular issue before, makes sense now, and its something I'm definitely gonna start doing now though ha.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread