The story so far...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kubrick

Verified Member
Apr 10, 2013
The Korova Vape Bar, Canada
It's now been over nine weeks since I quit smoking and started vaping (6+ weeks for my wife).

It all stated innocently enough. My dad (who was subsequently diagnosed with lung cancer) quit in late Dec. using Vapor Ultras (808 batt w/ pre-filled cartos). We figured if he, who had smoked for 70 years, could quit so easily, we owed it to ourselves (and him) to give it a shot. Without any further research, we placed an order with Vapor Ultra.

Our enthusiasm for e-cigs led my wife's daughter and her husband to seek out what was available locally. They found a storefront that carried eGo kits and bought a couple. That prompted us to follow suit as a supplement to our Vapor Ultras. And that's when the real fun began...

Little did I know that vaping would become anything more than an aid in giving up cigarettes. Not only have we quit smoking but, in the process, have stumbled into a fun and exciting new hobby that we BOTH enjoy. It's hard to put a value on that (though my bank account might argue otherwise!).

I started DIY'ing juice very early on and now have more flavours on hand than Baskin and Robbins. I'd be embarrassed to admit how much gear we've accumulated in such a short time but, while not cheap, it's still way more affordable than my other hobbies. Drip tips have become an obsession.

ECF has been a great resource (and enabler!) as we've begun our journey, and I'm thrilled to now be part of it. Vape On!

Kubrick

Verified Member
Apr 10, 2013
The Korova Vape Bar, Canada
Great story Kubrick congrats on the quitting analogs. How did you get your wife onboard? I've been trying everything I can think of without pushing too hard and shes just not coming around. Stubborn girl.

My wife was actually taking about it before me, though with much trepidation as she'd never attempted to quit before. She had a stubborn cough that became more severe whenever she got a cold. Her cough has completely disappeared. She still gets more frequent and strong cravings than I do even though we were both hardcore smokers for 40+ years. In the end though, I'd have to say that my dad's cancer diagnosis was the final straw for both of us. We wanted him to see the influence his determination to quit has had on us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread