Vaping to quit VS vaping to replace

Status
Not open for further replies.

babylonx

Feb 1, 2012
Greece
Actually I smoked so little that I don't think I could be called a smoker. There were times that I would do 5-10 cigarettes when going out clubbing but generally, I would smoke 2-3 cigarettes a week and from time to time no cigarettes for whole weeks.

But after I discovered vaping I consider myself a smoker. Now I generally smoke about 50 puffs a day at 12-18mg liquid.

So for me I think it was not an improvement actually. The only good thing about it is that I completely quit regulars. Regular second hand smoke actually annoys me now...

Gap Goat

Jan 5, 2012
North Carolina
I have no desire to quit. In fact, what drew me to vaping was the knowledge that I loved smoking so much that I would probably never quit simply because in my heart I didn't even want to, even with all of the health effects.

That is how I felt too. I enjoyed smoking so much that I thought nothing would ever make me stop, even knowing the health risk. My doctor was raising h*** and I decided to try vaping... I was hooked right away. My wife could not believe that I did not want to bum a smoke from her. After about a month she decided to try it too and now we have an entire shelf dedicated to e-juice and are about to start DIY mixing. I started to stop smoking but it has become a hobby that I really enjoy.

northwestfarmtn

ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2012
Tn.
Actually I smoked so little that I don't think I could be called a smoker. There were times that I would do 5-10 cigarettes when going out clubbing but generally, I would smoke 2-3 cigarettes a week and from time to time no cigarettes for whole weeks.

But after I discovered vaping I consider myself a smoker. Now I generally smoke about 50 puffs a day at 12-18mg liquid.

So for me I think it was not an improvement actually. The only good thing about it is that I completely quit regulars. Regular second hand smoke actually annoys me now...
not trying to hijack the thread but just wanted to make a comment on this.... just because you smoked so little doesn't mean you weren't addicted. I used to laugh when people would say they were trying to quit then tell me they been smoking a pack a week for 3 years (LOL) up until yesterday I was a pack- pack and a half a day for 15 years. it wasn't until last year when i started rationing cigarets to myself that i realized even if you only smoke a little quitting is nothing to laugh about its just as hard to go from 4 a day to 0 as it is 40 a day to 0. good luck in your travels and I promis never to laugh at people like you again.

Paradox28

ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2012
Richmond, KY
I have no desire to quit. In fact, what drew me to vaping was the knowledge that I loved smoking so much that I would probably never quit simply because in my heart I didn't even want to, even with all of the health effects.

but do you still smoke? The question wasn't about quitting vaping but quitting cigarettes.

TamiP

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2012
Illinois
thevapevine.blogspot.com
but do you still smoke? The question wasn't about quitting vaping but quitting cigarettes.

Hum, I didn't take it that way. I thought it was about vaping to quit (cigarettes) vs. vaping to replace (cigarettes) ... so are you planning just to use the e-cig as a stepping stone, sort of like the patch, or are you planning to use them as a replacement for cigarettes.

mattwo

Oct 15, 2011
Sunny Indiana
Sometime ones intentions start out with a certain goal but over time that goal can change. I have quit smoking but have not quit the nicotine habit. Maybe that will come in the future. Currently, vaping is a hobby that I'm really enjoying. After 35 years of smoking, cigarettes were anything but "joyful". Sometimes I'm consumed by vaping, especially mixing e-liquids. I think it's a replacement for a lost friend (Smoking) Whatever the reason, vape to replace or vape to quit smoking, is up to the individual. Just my 2 cents.

swedishfish

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2010
NJ
People have all sorts of goals. Some want to quit nicotine entirely. Some people have posted their building has just gone non-smoking, or their wife/girlfriend is pregnant, they don't want to stand outside and smoke anymore. They want to breath again.

Sort of like losing weight- some want to make a lifestyle change, some one to lose weight for a class reunion or wedding.

I consider myself a non-smoker now because I am. I don't have an issue with nicotine. In fact, I don't think I'm all that addicted to it. I can go all day and not vape if I leave my pv at home. Wouldn't have happened when I smoked. And I vape high nic juice. It's definitely something I don't have to apologize for. I gave that up when I gave up the Newports.

Semiretired

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Georgia
I consider myself a non-smoker now because I am. I don't have an issue with nicotine. In fact, I don't think I'm all that addicted to it. I can go all day and not vape if I leave my pv at home. Wouldn't have happened when I smoked. And I vape high nic juice. It's definitely something I don't have to apologize for. I gave that up when I gave up the Newports.

I have noticed the same thing. I can actually say I have quit smoking "now" and when I go out - I can go a couple hours without using my PV - would have been squirming in my seat or pacing when I was doing analogs. I have had my battery die while I was out a few times and was worried, but not anymore. Now to say I could just drop it - not yet - the analog urge is still there some times, but nothing like before...

Dogman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2012
North Carolina
I really didn't have any intention of quitting cigarettes when I picked up my first (crappy) e-cigarette. However, even with that one I was impressed that I would be able to supplement my smoking in areas where I couldn't otherwise smoke. Then I began to learn more and more, and found this place (eureka!) and bought my first good e-cigarette. When I got that one, I IMMEDIATELY fell in love with it, and had absolutely no desire to smoke analogs anymore. It's been better and better, and what started out as a way to get around no smoking areas turned out to be a method to quit analog cigarettes. I have no intention at the moment of quitting e-cigarettes. I "may" try to taper down the nicotine levels over time, but at the moment see no reason to do so.

This sounds like my experience to the letter, it's been 6 months now. and i feel great. and i don't stink like an ashtray anymore.
my clothes, car, house, smell better. even my Dog is happier. dog doesn't have smokers couch anymore :)

and i was able to get away from smoking cigarettes and not eat everything in site. gained no weight.
even if i eventually eliminate the nicotine. I'll still vape 0mg juice lol

DaSmokinLoon

ECF Veteran
Jan 30, 2012
Brainerd, MN
This sounds like my experience to the letter, it's been 6 months now. and i feel great. and i don't stink like an ashtray anymore.
my clothes, car, house, smell better. even my Dog is happier. dog doesn't have smokers couch anymore :)

and i was able to get away from smoking cigarettes and not eat everything in site. gained no weight.
even if i eventually eliminate the nicotine. I'll still vape 0mg juice lol
Awesome. I concur, and I can actually smell!

ArchEnemy

Feb 2, 2012
Maine US
Its preference. I started vaping as a conscious decision to satisfy this nicotine habit that I acquired from smoking cigarettes. I am okay with that for now. I hope to gradually taper down the nicotine but I am not in any rush. I plan on getting some 0 nic juice soon anyway just because I love vaping so much :laugh: That way, I dont need to vape extra nic just because I want the flavor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread