The Story Time Fun Commentary Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoMatches

ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2011
LI, NY
So as not to get off topic in the story thread, we can use this one to discuss the true nature of the characters we have created without deviating from the story line.

Now El, this unprovoked attack on the Great Wizard of Duhall's loyalty by Rye was an underhanded deed, indeed! If your cat was so smart, how did it get kidnapped or catnapped in the first place?

A little too much catnip perchance? The Wizard was created in the mold of the Great Gandolf. To smear his name is to attack Gandolf himself! This we cannot have! :ohmy:

Ah, plots and subplots, even amougnst the creators of the story! How intriguing! I do think an enemy within Prince Wader's camp is a good idea, but do not make it my wizard! Call the traitor No Matches if you will. One of Draugmore's squires, perhaps. :laugh:

SnowDragon

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2010
Boise, Idaho
Just sitting down to update and I can see we have our first (rw) moment.

:lol::lol::lol:...........Wow

While I applaud your passion NoMatches, you must remember that indeed it is the, "Ah, plots and subplots, even amougnst the creators of the story" that truly does make the story intriguing. While the story has a skeletal theme, the guts so-to-speak are an open canvas where things may not always appear to be what they seem.

Story lines are always more exciting with twist and turns, bringing characters to the brink, only to bring them back is commonplace. The character of Jeffree the Squirrel bravely making his through the mountain pass tasked by the Prince, then being attacked, mortally wounded, only to be saved Rye is simply one of those twists. Was I trying to kill off the character of Jeffree? Not necessarily. Could it happen? Maybe, however I left that door open for somebody else to decide.

My intention was to introduce Rye into the story line, for Rye will play an intricate role in securing the dagger from Marigrape in exchange for an alliance with the Icedragon. I was happy to see Jeffree was saved by Rye (I was hoping for it) but it could have gone the other way...that's the fun of it.

I am not going to violate the rules and tell Eleanor, "No, Jeffree must die, you can't have Rye save him, he doesn't come back, he's a goner, I don't like Jeffree (example only, I like you Jeffree) as a forum member so I'll be damned if he is going to play any vital role in the story. Edit your entry or I will place a re-write on it."

Everybody has interest in their characters, however, we must all show the proper restraint to abide by the rules, make our 2 sentence contributions, and allow the story to develop organically.

After all :rules: are :rules:

It appears that your passionate (hopefully one-time) indiscretion will have to be rectified in all fairness to your fellow contributors. Corrections will be shown on the story thread.:facepalm:

Again, I applaud your passion and enthusiam, the journey still has a long way to go and I look forward to your further participation. Remember the Wizard is only facing allegations and allegations are not proven, nor is the possible hidden agenda of the accuser revealed. After all Rye is a cat and we all know cats always have their own self-serving priorities :laugh:

Last edited:

NoMatches

ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2011
LI, NY
Well, I sort of felt that Rye and her powers had reached proportions that were rather epic! If the Rivas could scare off the Linx, a creature that even the prince and his 808 feared, and Rye could arrive and rip the Rivas to shreds, then lick Jeffree back to life... maybe Rye should go lick the Diamond King, and the quest for the stone tablet would be abandoned!

Oh.... BTW, Jeffree wasn't Wader's steed, when the squrrels were introduced, that is Maxwell, the powerful battle squirrel who likes carrots. Jeffree and Morandir are the fastest of the squirrels, hence their selection to lutre the Linx to chase them into a trap, falling into the abyss. The Lynx certainly clawed her way back up the mountain in a hurry!

OK, ya wanna make my wizard a bad guy... go ahead. :cry:

EleanorR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2011
Treasure Coast
But ripping Rivas to shreds is Rye's specialty, as noted in the beginning!:D

As for curing the ailing King, Rye's magic has its limitations. Only the Vapor for Life contained within the Stone Tablet can save the King. Magic is sorta like antibiotics: works great on bacteria, has no effect on viruses!:laugh::laugh:

Fear not, NoMatches . . . everyone respects Gandalf. And that's all I'm gonna say! :2cool:

Morandir835

Idiot Guru
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2011
Outside DC
Lol I put Draugmor in the story for that very reason actually Snow sir, he is a faceless (so to speak, because he is character I've used in many stories in many different way) and thus no fear if anyone makes him whatever they wish to.... Left his origin very vagye for that reason... He is only a wanderer with no alligences known....

NoMatches sir, just remember, Olorin himself failed in LOTR. He was sent back by Manwe to finish what must be done. When he returned he was what Saruman should have been... And while he was more powerful than any other Maiar at the time, he could never show his true power for it was against the Valar's decree that he showed such. Otherwise he would have simply replaced Sauron as the new dark lord....

SnowDragon

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2010
Boise, Idaho
I'm very excited about Chapter 4 as I am sure we all can hopefully remember the first time we were struck in the head with love-bats as little kids. I'm hoping this should be a fun flashback, it gives us a chance to see Prince Wader's and Razzia love develop in their younger years. While having death and doom lurk around every corner is fun, a brief period of normalcy, innocence, and romance will hopefully ingrain our protagonists into the hearts of our readers. This should add to the bloody violence, massacre, double-dealing and well deserved murderous vengeance which will take place later.

So many new characters and plot twists....this is really developing into an epic tale. It's really funny trying to tell the story, I couldn't help but constantly laugh trying to explain it all to my wife yesterday.

keelalagirl55

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2011
I am saddened by the fact that I can't seem to come up with anything to add to this story.....I have to go back to the beginning and take notes to keep it all straight lol......and my brain seems completely fried of all creativity at the moment....(stupid brain - just does not want to cooperate).

I am however enjoying reading and in awe of all the creativity that abounds this family!!!

SnowDragon

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2010
Boise, Idaho
C'mon Kee I know you can do it, especially now during this childhood flashback. I hope none of us are so old we forget just how precious and innocent our first crush was. I am hoping (though you never know) that this flashback will mainly focus on Wader and Razzia without too many twists, high-lighting their infatuation and budding romance through their childhood and adolescence.

My youngest son is 12, he has his first crush.....her name is Hanna (4-part harmony "Han na"), she sits 2 desks in front of him in his math class, it's so cute because he is a shy little guy.

:2cool:

Last edited:

EleanorR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2011
Treasure Coast
I'm very excited about Chapter 4 as I am sure we all can hopefully remember the first time we were struck in the head with love-bats as little kids. I'm hoping this should be a fun flashback, it gives us a chance to see Prince Wader's and Razzia love develop in their younger years. While having death and doom lurk around every corner is fun, a brief period of normalcy, innocence, and romance will hopefully ingrain our protagonists into the hearts of our readers. This should add to the bloody violence, massacre, double-dealing and well deserved murderous vengeance which will take place later.

Snow, you're such a hopeless romantic!:wub:

EleanorR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2011
Treasure Coast
Reminder (applies to everyone but SnowDragon, as he has to do periodic recaps):

Two sentences per entry. :rules:

And please, let's keep this G-rated. PrOn has become the wallpaper of the world, we really don't need it in this Family (cough) Forum.:glare:

Rant off. But I really mean it. Sorry, but it's one of those days, and I want to keep enjoying the Story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread