Status
Not open for further replies.

Crocky

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 14, 2013
North Carolina
I think I may jump on the provari wagon. I want a white titanium provari but debating on the regular one or the mini. For some reason I am thinking the mini with hippos and twins (if I can find them) that way I can use any battery configuration 350,490 or 650. However there is ops regular one in the blem section.....hmmm decisions. Regardless I know I want a pro ring if I cant find a hippo for it. So with all that said I will be in search on the classies or I may just go on over to the provape clearance section.

I really have been avoiding buying one since I started vaping and could have bought a slew of them with the money I have spent on devices however I tried one out yesterday for the first time and it is very well made and vapes very smoothly. I wish it was VW but I don't stray much from my set voltage anyway nor do I switch toppers out much so I think it will be just fine

Last edited:

serenity21899

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2013
Antioch IL
You can also get a Tatroe Base from ProVape or Cigtech, with a ring, to use as an extension. You can only get one ring from ProVape, but you can get extra ones from Cigtech. 2 rings and the regular endcap will take the 18350 to 18650. Or one ring and the extended cap will do the same thing, I think. I haven't tried that one yet.

The Tatroe base itself is weighted and prevents your ProVari from tipping over on you desk.

Crocky

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 14, 2013
North Carolina
You can also get a Tatroe Base from ProVape or Cigtech, with a ring, to use as an extension. You can only get one ring from ProVape, but you can get extra ones from Cigtech. 2 rings and the regular endcap will take the 18350 to 18650. Or one ring and the extended cap will do the same thing, I think. I haven't tried that one yet.

The Tatroe base itself is weighted and prevents your ProVari from tipping over on you desk.

I did not see the rings on provape. I have been looking. Looked in access and under the provaris.....I could very well be missing it though. You would think they would sell the rings for the too too but did not see them either :(. Cigtech is out at the moment

Crocky

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 14, 2013
North Carolina
Well for me I have an 18350 on another VV mod and find that the battery depletes far too fast in VV or VW mode. So I am thinking the 18650 will be the one I would prefer but who knows. I have a myriad of mods and I use 18650 in all of them except for a one of my mechanicals which takes nothing more that a 350.

Plumes.91

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2012
United States
I originally bought a mini because I really loved the repeating teardrop design on it. I hated the standard provari's column design. It annoyed me and looked like a cheap flashlight to me. As time has passed over the years, I've grown to like the v2 standard's design. But I also really like the NEW standard size's design. I like the OLD mini's design more than I like the new mini's design.

Anyways, I got the mini because I liked the design, and back when I bought it, i was really into short mods. as short as possible was what I was looking for. & boy I got it. The provari is still one of my shortest mods, it even beats some mechanicals in their 18350 configuration. The Provari mini can also utilize the extension ring to use 500's. Which is great, because if you don't get that extension ring, your going to need to take 5 fully charged batteries with you if you go out for errands and end up going to the bar that night before you go home. 5 batteries is a lot of batteries. I keep 1 in the mod of course, and 4 in my little green battery case. But since I've gotten into my mechanical mods, I much prefer bringing them out with me than bringing my provari and 5 batteries. :p Vaping in front of friends is pretty cool. Fumbling for a new battery 4 times in front of them throughout the night starts to make it seem very uncool.

Crocky

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 14, 2013
North Carolina
Thanks,I can also make the mini into 18650 mode right, maybe with an extension cap and ring? Or with twins? I think I am going to bite the bullet on the one in their clearance section and just stick with the 18490 and 18650 modes. It is between this and a MCM mod.... I love box mods but I also like a good tube mod too.....hmmm decisions decisions. Maybe I just need to get both....LOL. That will have to wait until next paycheck....:)

Last edited:

Crocky

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 14, 2013
North Carolina
I think the thing that gets me with the provari is you have to buy several things to get the look you want, that is what has held me back so long. I don't care for the slanted top so I would have to get a nice ring and I want a quality ring like the hippo then I want to be able to use it in 18650 if I want so that means an extension and I like the idea of twins. And it is hard to find those items in stock. Then I have a .... load of Panasonic batteries which apparently I can't use so more batteries.
Don't get me wrong I am not complaining but just listing the reason I have put it off for so long. But the time has come so I keep hoping for all those things together in a classified but I also don't want to miss out on the white blem provari has either.
Vaping woes :D

Optimo114

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2013
Jacksonville FL
I tend to carry a small battery case that fits 2 18490s or 3 18350s. With one in the mod, that gives me 4 18350s or 3 18490s. Either way that is plenty of power to last me a whole day. If I happen to go somewhere and can't be bothered with a battery case, then I can just take an 18650 and be good to go but that rarely happens for me.

It depends on the devices you use on top of the provari. It has a diameter of 19mm which is good for pro tanks and such. I do not own a single 22mm device so a hippo ring wouldn't do me any good. Although I do have a kayfun beauty ring when I put my 21mm kayfun lite on there.

Zbeast08

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2013
Wilson, NC, USA
Hi Crocky, it does appear that the rings are a little scarce right now but there is a thread with all rings listed and I'm sure you can find a nice top ring. As far as the extension goes, if you go with the mini, you can get to 650 mode very easily by adding one tatroe ring and an extended end cap or as you stated, you can use the twins. I have the brass twins and it is nice but it is telescopic with it extended and looks ok but wanted to be sure you know it will not be a flush look. You could also keep the twins unextended and use as an extension ring with the standard end cap...490 mode on mini...650 mode on full size!!

Crocky

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 14, 2013
North Carolina
Can't believe I am having such a hard time deciding between the standard or the mini!!!! What in the world! If I get the mini I want to get a tatroe ring and the extended cap so the tatroe will be in between the body and extended cap in 18650 mode. Not sure I would like that look especially if I ever wanted to wrap it. If I get the standard then I will just get the tatroe ring and call it a day......I have a feeling I will use the larger battery modes more often than the smaller but love the tear drops
Decisions decisions, and it don't want to wait much longer or the whites will be gone!!!!

Optimo114

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2013
Jacksonville FL
Would you ever consider carrying spare batteries when you go out? If so then get the mini. One 18650 will last me the whole day. 2 18490s will do the same and 3 18350s.

In a small battery case you can carry 2 18490s or 3 18350s plus one in the tube. Both of which can last a full day easy for most.

By that logic you may as well run in mini mode since it's the same pocket space as if you were in 18490 mode but you gain a little space from mini mode.

If you want a bigger mod and not have to worry about spare batteries then go with 18650. I personally preferred mini mode with spare batteries since I carry a backpack to work so the battery case doesn't affect me. On the rare occasion I go somewhere like a theme park where I can't carry spare batteries then I use the tatroe for 18650.

That is the luxury of the mini. It all depends what your needs are and which design you want. I'm also not a fan of the looks of the tatroe rings but I rarely use 18650s. These are just my opinions based off my every day needs

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread