Just got my first Provari!

Status
Not open for further replies.

exnihilo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2013
I'm excited. I went with the mini, and in satin silver. Don't wanna go overboard my first time out. I'm about to order a Twins, but not really interested in the Hippo. I am, however interested in a having a flat top. How well would the Tatroe Cone stay on, if the tank I was using didn't sit flush with it? It looks like it would move around.

Anyhow, count me in folks! No it's time to see what all of the fuss is about.

(I originally posted this in the Provape section, but then found this area, and thought it would be more appropriate to post it here.)

cg

Firestorm

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2012
Chicagoland
[How well would the Tatroe Cone stay on, if the tank I was using didn't sit flush with it? It looks like it would move around.

A Provari cone or ring is meant to be used with atomizers that have independent air flow that you want to mount flush with the mod. You can't use them with a tank that has bottom-fed air flow because if you mount it flush it will block the air flow without a gap and if you don't mount it flush, the cone or ring will spin.

I bought the Tatroe Cone and it is too short. It leaves a gap and spins when an atomizer is screwed all the way down. It was a waste of my money as I don't use it.

I later bought the Pro-Ring from LokiLab and it works much better. It is held in place when the atomizer is screwed down and it still makes a connection. I believe that this is a better buy if you decide that you need one.

ChiefAllDay

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2013
Ft. Campbell, KY
I agree with Firestorm. I did way too much research, reading as many posts as I could find regarding the hippo vs Loki vs Tatroe, and decided on the Loki. My ring arrived today, and it really does polish the device off, and fits really well. The hippo really interested me, all the way up until I saw the price. The Loki is just right.

exnihilo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2013
Hey everyone thanks for the warm greeting! I must confess, although I'm a total believer in self-gifting ( :D ), my future in-laws were VERY generous with the prepaid Visa. I've never received this much for xmas. That's not bragging, I'm just in awe. Hell, I have enough left to get a REO too (hope that isn't Taboo).

So, I'm going to forgo any rings, etc... and order a nice 19mm tank from IBT :D . What ya think? lol. Going with a "clear" anodized to match the finish, and a large silver swirl throughout. Of course there will be pics once everything is here.

Happy holidays folks!! Any advice, comments, etc... are more than welcome :) .

cg

Susan W.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2013
Torrance, CA
There's no discrimination here. We welcome Provarinati that have different devices.

I like the 19mm tanks so the taper shows. The silver swirl sounds like a nice touch. Looking forward to the pictures when you get all your goodies!!

Hey everyone thanks for the warm greeting! I must confess, although I'm a total believer in self-gifting ( :D ), my future in-laws were VERY generous with the prepaid Visa. I've never received this much for xmas. That's not bragging, I'm just in awe. Hell, I have enough left to get a REO too (hope that isn't Taboo).

So, I'm going to forgo any rings, etc... and order a nice 19mm tank from IBT :D . What ya think? lol. Going with a "clear" anodized to match the finish, and a large silver swirl throughout. Of course there will be pics once everything is here.

Happy holidays folks!! Any advice, comments, etc... are more than welcome :) .

cg

exnihilo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2013
There's no discrimination here. We welcome Provarinati that have different devices.

I like the 19mm tanks so the taper shows. The silver swirl sounds like a nice touch. Looking forward to the pictures when you get all your goodies!!

Absolutely Susan!

Anyone know how much the 19mm standards at IBT hold?

Got a clear anodized rook coming with it, so it should match pretty well, although I'm gonna run MBV 555 in the tank, everything will match :D .

cg

exnihilo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2013
According to IBTanked FAQ:

19mm Standard= 1.5ml

I wasn't able to get a clear anodized rook when I bought my tank so I got the silver anodized drip tip and I like it better than the rook. I have a purple rook that goes with my 22mm tank. The rook does look a lot better though.

Thank you!

cg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread