The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Just got my first Provari!

Discussion in 'ProVari' started by exnihilo, Dec 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. exnihilo

exnihilo Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 9, 2013
    I'm excited. I went with the mini, and in satin silver. Don't wanna go overboard my first time out. I'm about to order a Twins, but not really interested in the Hippo. I am, however interested in a having a flat top. How well would the Tatroe Cone stay on, if the tank I was using didn't sit flush with it? It looks like it would move around.

Anyhow, count me in folks! No it's time to see what all of the fuss is about.

(I originally posted this in the Provape section, but then found this area, and thought it would be more appropriate to post it here.)

cg

2. glassgal

glassgal Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Sep 7, 2013
    Central Florida
    Well grats on your new Provari:)!!! Can't answer your ring question, not fond of rings, but I'm sure lots of others can. Just saying Welcome:).

3. exnihilo

Jan 9, 2013
    Thanks!

I should correct, I just ordered my first Provari. I don't have it yet. :)

cg

4. WhiteHighlights

WhiteHighlights Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 26, 2013
    Boston, MA, USA
  5. kbf101998

kbf101998 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 30, 2013
    Brentwood, Tn, USA
    Congrats! I use rings and so far I like Loki best for function, Kir Fanis look great!

Enjoy your new Provari!! :toast:

6. Seapup

Seapup Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 20, 2013
    Virginia, USA
    Congrats exnihilo! :thumb:

7. Susan W.

Susan W. Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 30, 2013
    Torrance, CA
    What a nice Christmas gift to yourself!! Congrats!! I don't know anything about the Tatroe cone, I have a Loki ring and it does move around but I have mine in a Serenity sleeve and it sleeve holds the ring in place.

8. thesandman

thesandman Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 29, 2013
    OR, USA
    mine is at the post office awaiting signature. will the provarinati break in for me?

9. Firestorm

Firestorm Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Nov 25, 2012
    Chicagoland
    A Provari cone or ring is meant to be used with atomizers that have independent air flow that you want to mount flush with the mod. You can't use them with a tank that has bottom-fed air flow because if you mount it flush it will block the air flow without a gap and if you don't mount it flush, the cone or ring will spin.

I bought the Tatroe Cone and it is too short. It leaves a gap and spins when an atomizer is screwed all the way down. It was a waste of my money as I don't use it.

I later bought the Pro-Ring from LokiLab and it works much better. It is held in place when the atomizer is screwed down and it still makes a connection. I believe that this is a better buy if you decide that you need one.

10. ChiefAllDay

ChiefAllDay Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 12, 2013
    Ft. Campbell, KY
    I agree with Firestorm. I did way too much research, reading as many posts as I could find regarding the hippo vs Loki vs Tatroe, and decided on the Loki. My ring arrived today, and it really does polish the device off, and fits really well. The hippo really interested me, all the way up until I saw the price. The Loki is just right.

11. The Ocelot

The Ocelot Psychopomp Verified Member ECF Veteran

12. ChiefAllDay

ChiefAllDay Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 12, 2013
    Ft. Campbell, KY
    Surprisingly enough, my Provari came a day early. Just remembered that. I know the wait will still feel long though.

13. SirSteve

SirSteve Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 10, 2012
    Northern Indiana
    Just stopping by to say Welcome, and you should be pleased with your new ProVari.

14. exnihilo

Jan 9, 2013
    Hey everyone thanks for the warm greeting! I must confess, although I'm a total believer in self-gifting ( :D ), my future in-laws were VERY generous with the prepaid Visa. I've never received this much for xmas. That's not bragging, I'm just in awe. Hell, I have enough left to get a REO too (hope that isn't Taboo).

So, I'm going to forgo any rings, etc... and order a nice 19mm tank from IBT :D . What ya think? lol. Going with a "clear" anodized to match the finish, and a large silver swirl throughout. Of course there will be pics once everything is here.

Happy holidays folks!! Any advice, comments, etc... are more than welcome :) .

cg

15. Big Orange Country

Big Orange Country Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 10, 2013
    The South
    Congratulations on your order. Your life will soon be forever changed.

16. Susan W.

Apr 30, 2013
    Torrance, CA
    There's no discrimination here. We welcome Provarinati that have different devices.

I like the 19mm tanks so the taper shows. The silver swirl sounds like a nice touch. Looking forward to the pictures when you get all your goodies!!

17. exnihilo

Jan 9, 2013
    Absolutely Susan!

Anyone know how much the 19mm standards at IBT hold?

Got a clear anodized rook coming with it, so it should match pretty well, although I'm gonna run MBV 555 in the tank, everything will match :D .

cg

18. Susan W.

Apr 30, 2013
    Torrance, CA
    According to IBTanked FAQ:

19mm Standard= 1.5ml

I wasn't able to get a clear anodized rook when I bought my tank so I got the silver anodized drip tip and I like it better than the rook. I have a purple rook that goes with my 22mm tank. The rook does look a lot better though.

19. exnihilo

Jan 9, 2013
    Thank you!

cg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.