The Touchwood Mini (18350)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tinstar15

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 29, 2009
Lakeland, FL
I bought this mod a while back and decided that it was deserving of a review....

dscn0150r.jpg

Pictured is a Touchwood Mini with a gold drip tip and a 1.7ohm mini cartomizer.

The Touchwood is available at: http://touchwood-ecigs.com/
The mini cartos are from: Super Shorty 1.7 Ohm 510 Chrome Cartomizer
and the drip tip was from: GOLD Drip Tip for 510/901/KR808

The cartos and drip tip are probably available at other vendors as well, but these are the ones in the pic. The cartos are wrapped in a simulated wood grained vinyl available from: Metro Decals | Products > Wood Grain Vinyl > 3M DI-NOC Marine Teak Wood Vinyl

The mod is a very classy looking box mod made from brass and "Jarrah wood". I wasn't much interested in wood mods or box mods until I saw this one. It's absolutely beautiful to me. The design is all mechanical, in that there are no soldered wires or such in it's construction. The device is very compact and much lighter than I would have expected. The mod is well rounded and fits nicely in the hand, while keeping the button in a comfortable spot on the top. It disappears almost entirely when in use, the only projection being the drip tip and carto.

The mod can handle the 18350 (I used an AW IMR 18350) or a 16340 (I used an AW protected 16340). Both batteries seemed to perform similarly without enough difference for me to notice.

The battery is placed into the mod by swinging the bottom brass plate to one side. Prior to receiving the mod, I was concerned that the plate would swing open too easily or would loosen after a short while. I can say that my concerns were unnecessary. The plate is stiff to move, but not so much as to make battery swaps difficult.

The battery is supposed to go in + side down in the mod, but I have had no problems using it either way. In fact, I have a few odd flat top 18350s that would only work if placed + side up.

I was able to get a solid 8 hours of use out of both types (18350 or 16340) of batteries with average use. A chain vaper might average around 6 hours or so of use before needing to change out the batts.

The brass is uncoated and will eventually tarnish. At first, I would polish the brass parts daily to maintain the shine. I have since decided that a nice, even tarnish gives it more character (I got lazy :) ).

Touchwood mods are currently available in a mini (18350) or an 18650 large sized version. In order to buy one, you have to send an email to the manufacturer requesting whichever model or models you would like. The manufacturer responds, lets you know how long a wait it will roughly be, and puts you on a list. When the mod is ready, he sends another email asking if you still wish to buy one. If you respond, he sends a paypal invoice. It took about a month for mine to be ready and about 10 days for it to arrive from England.

For a custom made wood stealth mod loaded with class, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the Touchwood.

atavanhalen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2010
Wolverine Lake, Michigan
Since conversion rates change constantly, an exact price is a bit of a pain, but with shipping included I paid $110. That may sound a bit expensive but I found it to be well worth the expense.

Actually, I kinda thought they might be a bit more than that, very cool mod.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread