Not open for further replies.

glassgal

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2013
Central Florida
www.azenglass.com
After trying every type of mod out there, I've settled on wood mods as my favorites. Every single one of them has a unique look feel, and you know already that even another in the same wood is not exactly like yours. There are so many types of wood that you can make mods from, that you can collect all your favorites, or find one that came from your favorite area.

Wood mods are warmer to the touch than metal, more forgiving of scratches and bumps, more cushioning and protection for the batteries, and they come in every type, top feeders, bottom feeders, mechanical and regulated. They can't be cloned (except for Touchwood - because touchwood only uses the same type of wood), because the greatest cost is usually in the workmanship and type of wood.

I haven't seen a wood mod discussion here in a long time, and it's rude to talk about another wood mod maker on one wood mod maker's section. So how many others share this love of unique wood mods, and which are your favorites?

glassgal

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2013
Central Florida
www.azenglass.com
Hi Ocey:). No I didn't, but it looks like pix... was curious why people liked the ones they like best:). For example, do you like your Phidias better than your Woodvil? Why? Why not?

Gaah... nm. Started reading that thread, and you were right. One's enough, especially with all that eye candy! Thanks:)!

Last edited:

glassgal

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2013
Central Florida
www.azenglass.com
Wood mods cant be cloned?
What makes you think the Chinese don't know how to work with wood?

They can clone them yes.... I've seen the touchwood clone in pix, looks pretty close. However, they aren't going to clone bubinga, cocobola, rosewood, dyed stabilized woods, lacewood, bloodwood, etc. When that material cost is added to the amount of finishing labor, they aren't going to be the same as a cnc pressed piece of metal. Most wood mods are bought for the uniqueness of the wood its made of in addition to the mechanics of the mod:).

glassgal

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2013
Central Florida
www.azenglass.com
Not sure if you'd count it as a wood mod but I just received my Slug from Steel Punk and I love it.

Just looked that mod up... whoa... that's gorgeous! It's a combo metal/wood, don't see too many of those. I see they're sold out too, lucky you:). Pix:)?

jarreddizzle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 2, 2013
Oxnard, CA, USA
Just looked that mod up... whoa... that's gorgeous! It's a combo metal/wood, don't see too many of those. I see they're sold out too, lucky you:). Pix:)?

IGSlugSteelPunk.jpg
Picture "stolen" from my instagram

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread