I fear the damage has been done..
    scars.jpg

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    How many stores closed, how many people lost their jobs, how many people went back to smoking... Something needs to be done!

In the USA, the powers that be don't care about people who work at low-paying jobs (vape shops are low-paying jobs).

"They" are always saying how those jobs were "never meant to be career jobs to support yourself" - only meant for part time income and high school/college students.

They conveniently forget that many people in the USA cannot land better jobs for a myriad of reasons. Yet they still have the same expenses as everyone else.

Yet they work at jobs that are necessary for the middle class and upper crust to live their lives conveniently.

I'm afraid the "people lost jobs" argument is one that just goes "in one ear and out the other" when it comes to low-paying jobs, like retail.

WorksForMe

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 21, 2012
    N.N., Virginia
    The CDC is a lying machine... Probably getting paid by big tobacco.

And Michael Bloomberg...

"The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Foundation announced today that it has received a grant from Michael Bloomberg to establish systematic surveys to monitor global tobacco use among adults. The grant is part of a $125 million initiative by Bloomberg to create a partnership devoted to reducing dependence on tobacco around the world.

The two-year grant to the CDC Foundation will support the World Health Organization’s (WHO’s) and CDC’s efforts to design a standard survey protocol to collect data on tobacco use in low- and middle-income countries with the highest smoking rates and to track countries’ progress in implementing tobacco-free programs."

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    Okay hate to disagree with mah beloved pals but I'm sorry, I don't feel ONE bit like a bit of paper that was crumpled up and stomped on, and I was ALSO bullied in middle school and there are really no "scars" left and doing that to a bunch of kids is not going to send a bullying message, in fact they'd be quite likely to offer their targets either a swirly or to eat the dang paper that had been scuffed up and stomped on.

The message to bullies is: stop believing you are SO all powerful simply because you are little miserable worms inside, making other people feel like crud is NOT going to make you feel any better, and I am going to have youir parents in here EVERY day until your behavior changes and until your parents either stop beating you or over indulging you, whatever it is.

The BULLIED need to be taught that words can't hurt them REALLY TRULY and to sit down and just think REAL hard about whether their feelings would be hurt if Hitler or Mussolini or WHOMEVER wanted to be their best buds because you can't PLEASE everyone, in fact, trying to do so invites HATE so to get a grip. They need to do role plays where they insult each other to the Nth degree and either come back with some snappy come backs, or at least a STONE faced silence followed with, "Is that all you got?" Their parents need to come in and tell them to NOT be wimps.

Vaping is also not a piece of paper covered by scars, either. Some of my mods have scars from being dropped but I have enough to keep going for like, ever.

So the dang powers that be can do what they want but I'm not going to CRUMPLE I already only vape privately as it is.

Victim hood is never a good message and if a teacher every gave me that 'lesson" with respect to bullying I would look at her and think "There is no hope for society."

Because CUTE little paper exercises do NOT fix bullying... .or vaping...

I'm pretty certain that story isn't even TRUE but GOD KNOWS what they are teaching in school these days.

Anna

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread