The TW Dual Coil Tank system

Status
Not open for further replies.

JakeTheV&pe

ECF Veteran
Nov 5, 2011
Winchester UK
So, finally I manage to find a decent reseller local to myself in the South of the UK. Personal I prefer to buy things in person as it gives me the chance to physically see the item first hand which obviously we don't get online, plus its nice having a chat with a fellow user at the same time.

Now this chap had all sorts of stuff, from your standard kits all the way to some crazy mods and I LOVE my mods. Could have spent a fortune with them! But I resisted to just get some juice and a couple of spare attys for my TW tornado.

BUT I noticed he had one of the "Totally Wicked" DCT systems which is the little tank with the atty that sits in the middle with the pre drilled holes to allow the juice to get through. Thought it might be worth a shot!

I know the attys in these things are not the best made, but I am in two minds about this mod. I primed it up, filled it up and sat back for a hour or so with some new juice I got (American Red Tobacco, Nice nutty taste to it!) and at first it was like "WOW" this is nice, lots of vapor production, lovely throat hit BUT after an hour or so had passed all I could get was a nasty nasty burnt atty taste even tho the dam thing is filled AND submerged in a tank of juice!, so I take it appart have a good check its all working fine and put it together and BAM same nasty burnt taste.

Now I don't mind dismissing it as a poor atomizer BUT for £15 GBP I would expect the little thing to be a bit more well designed to stop any nasty dry atty problems.

So who else has used one? and what do you think?....

One thing that comes to my mind is the tank is made from a clear plastic, I wounder if this would (could) give of a bad taste in the mix, say compared to a more expensive glass one? o.0........

kmoze2001

Jul 16, 2010
NYC
I recently discovered that TW has a brick and mortar store near where I live, and within the past few days I visited them and have acquired 2 DCT's, one small and one large. Thus far, using a Tornado-C 1000 mah batt, I have nothing but good things to say about it. I have not experienced the burnt flavor you've been describing. They did, however, set the expectation with me that the atty's would only last a week or so, but at $3.99 each, other than the inconvenience of having to make sure I have enough on hand, that's no big deal.

One drawback to the big one is it takes a LONG time to vape it so you better like whatever flavor you're putting in!! They're not the easiest things in the world to fill, but once you have 'em filled, it's hours (or days) of hassle free vaping, at least that's been my experience thus far.

JakeTheV&pe

ECF Veteran
Nov 5, 2011
Winchester UK
Kmoze, I think I might just buy a couple more attys and see where that gets me. As you said at the price they are you cant really go wrong, though I think I may have landed with a dodgy one. Good old Totally wicked ay! haha.

UPDATE: I had a little snoop about the ECF and managed to find a post which sounded like the same problem I was having. From what people suggested to do was to draw on the PV prior to pushing the button for the power to cause the atty to heat, what this does is allow the atty to prime from the juice in the tank. This does work to a point, but still I am plauged with the nasty burnt atty taste which I think its safe to say I need to swap it out.

Nice concept, looks great!, But I think I will stick to my Tornado tank (ego T) for now untill I get some money together for a nice new VV device!.

Yah the problem with the burnt taste is frequently once you get it you cant get rid of it .. on that atomizer (and sometimes it will pollute the juice as well if you notice there can be some "dark" juice at the bottom of the tank near the draw holes.. )

On the positive note however.. once you become more acustomed to using the tank, you will have a much better feel for it and do less damage to your atty.. This is sorta the same with most everything ecig related I have found.. if you can keep your atty wet it can last ages.. while at the start of using a tank you may end up burning atty out in a day or less than a week.

Something *key* to remember is make sure your inner carto is fully primed before you put it in the tank (fill let sit for say 15 mins then top her off again) also.. you *will* have to top off tank before it empties as the level of juice in the tank portion dictates how much juice is "maintained" inside the carto.. they are not actually "wicking" evenly from the tank, so if the tank is just barely full enough to cover the holes.. your cartomizer inside of tank is not gonna wick past that on its own (you can still run the tank down to near empty if your going to swap out cartos or flavors.. but this is best done imo by using a syringe or a funnel to drain the juice out into a bottle rather than vaping till it empties.. (you run a much higher risk of killing the cartomizer as the tank empties)

As others have said if you have set aside the ecig for a while (over an hour?) it is a good idea to draw on it for a few secs before firing to get the juice flowing.. and THEN when actually firing it up fire without pulling for a second or 2 to be sure that the atty has a chance to warm up before you start puffing away :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread