When do I need to replace an Ego T Tank?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mgordon1100

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2011
A, A
The question is straight forward, but I think I'll give you fine people some context to my question.

I was vaping last night, and after the atty warmed up a bit, it started tasting like I was smoking burnt paper. It was really nasty. If I let it sit for a bit, then it would be fine for a couple hits. Then back to nasty burning. I searched google for this ego t burnt taste, and found a thread somewhere where the guy finally figured out that it was his juice. So, I put on the other tank that had a different juice in it, and it was fine.

There, so one might think I've solved the problem. Right? This other juice is just nasty stuff. But wait. It didn't always taste like this. I've only had it for a couple of weeks. Figured I'd do another test with it. I pulled out a fresh tank. Wait a minute. The burnt tasting liquid was in one of my original tanks with the silicon cap. I opened up one of my newer tanks with the plastic cap for my test. Filled it up with the nasty juice, and you guessed it. It taste just fine.

Conclusion, it's that tank that's making it taste so bad. Why is this? Is it the cap? Oh, when I pulled out that silicon capped tank, the cap was folding all over the place. Does the wick and/or spike plate get hot and heat transfer wear out the silicon caps? I'll tell you this much. I haven't had any leakage problems with this ego-t like people talk about, with either of the cap styles. I don't know what people are doing with them, but my experience is just fine. I've used several attys, and more than several tanks. I think I'll be sticking with the plastic if I can help it.

mgordon1100

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2011
A, A
Oh yeah, I think it would be beneficial to add that I started using a new LR atty yesterday. Honestly, I don't think there's that much of a difference between the LR and the regular. However, it stands to reason that a low resistant coil is going to get hotter. That's the point, right? Could this be the reason that my tank was messed up, and perhaps the silicon cap was burning when I used it?

Nelson76

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 8, 2011
Rhode Island
When do you need to replace an ego-t tank you ask. The answer is AS SOON AS YOU GET IT! Sorry,but I tried it and I've only been into vaping about 6 weeks myself but I wasted too much money on ego-t attys and tanks and wasted juice to get it to work and I always got either a burnt or plastic taste out of it, even when it did work the taste was muted. You can search for ways to mess around with the wick in the spike to try to get it to work better but in my experience it wasn't worth the time. As soon as I tried dripping with a LR atty I never went back to the tank, You can pull out the spike and holding plate and just use that atty as a dripping atty That's what worked for me.

Cokeybill

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 24, 2011
True North(Ont.)
Don't fool with your Atty if you have no experience with them. You will probably ruin your Atty if you want to keep it as you bought it.

First thing is to never vape your tank dry. Doing so will cause the juice to burn on the wick. Always leave a little left in the tank and then change it.

Vape the PV for a second, then hit the batt button. A short vape without hitting the button will help as said above too.

Sometimes you have to allow the juice to feed to the wick if heavy vaping is what you are doing. Give it some time to allow the juice to flow to the wick.

Last edited:

misplacedsooner

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2011
stillwater, oklahoma
funny how peoples experiences differ, i started with an ego-t A tank and never had any problems...even with the plastic end cap, no leaks, no muted taste, just nice vape. then i got an ego-t B tank with silicone caps....same results and i never had to even fiddle with the wick....pure luck i guess cause i see alot of people have their troubles. it was a charm for me when i had one.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
Oh yeah, I think it would be beneficial to add that I started using a new LR atty yesterday. Honestly, I don't think there's that much of a difference between the LR and the regular. However, it stands to reason that a low resistant coil is going to get hotter. That's the point, right? Could this be the reason that my tank was messed up, and perhaps the silicon cap was burning when I used it?

Actually, the LR does produce more heat and the off taste (not always burnt - but sometimes) is the reason why I reverted to the original ohm'd attys (2.1-2.3Ω) vs. the LR's - there's a difference of about 2 Watts which can make a difference in taste. There is only one ejuice flavor - DV's 'Real Tabs' that holds up well to LR on the eGo-t and I do run that one LR atty but all others are now the regular eGo-t attys. I've never had either cap or tanks affect the flavor. If anything it is the metal spike that transfers the heat that can burn the ejuice and with clear ejuices you can definitely see that the color change on LR's especially - in my experience.

Hondo69

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2011
Austin, Texas
www.xt9ecigs.com
This might sound strange, but here goes . . .

Not all tank systems are created equal. The EGO-T uses what I call a "slotted" design where two of the tank's sides are shaved down flat. Instead of having a perfectly round end that goes into the atty it comes with two flat sides.

This is important because inside the atty you'll see a plate with the same shape. If you don't lineup the flat sides of the tank with the flat sides of the atty it doesn't perform too well. I have no idea why this is true but that trick works for me.

And it makes a difference too when you need a refill. You want the tank to go back into the atty the same way it came out. This is because the spike in the atty is shaped so it punctures the center of the soft rubber cap. You want to replace the tank positioned the same as it was removed so the spike doesn't snip off the part of the little flap that remained intact initially.

For some reason getting things lined up properly and keeping them lined up is important.

misplacedsooner

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2011
stillwater, oklahoma
This might sound strange, but here goes . . .

Not all tank systems are created equal. The EGO-T uses what I call a "slotted" design where two of the tank's sides are shaved down flat. Instead of having a perfectly round end that goes into the atty it comes with two flat sides.

This is important because inside the atty you'll see a plate with the same shape. If you don't lineup the flat sides of the tank with the flat sides of the atty it doesn't perform too well. I have no idea why this is true but that trick works for me.

And it makes a difference too when you need a refill. You want the tank to go back into the atty the same way it came out. This is because the spike in the atty is shaped so it punctures the center of the soft rubber cap. You want to replace the tank positioned the same as it was removed so the spike doesn't snip off the part of the little flap that remained intact initially.

For some reason getting things lined up properly and keeping them lined up is important.

ive heard people say this doesnt matter at all but this is exactly what i do too and ive never had a leak on an ego-t tank following this rule with the plastic or silicone caps. this works for me too.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread