The unique differences between smoking Analog's and vaping

Status
Not open for further replies.

bssage

ECF Veteran
Apr 23, 2010
Iowa
I was just thinking about some of the unique things about vaping that is different from analog's

In the past I had used my analog as sort of a timer. Worked great for cooking a frozen pizza, It took me roughly 10 minutes to have a smoke. I could string several together for things that required more time.

The last cig would kick off my sleep. "when I finish this one it's lights out" . When I vape with a tank it is never finished.

Analogs were a convenient excuse to get away from non preferred people or activities.

Analogs at an event, would decide for you, who your social group would be. It would be the group huddled by the entrance smoking.

Would force you to get out of bed and start the day. Especially when you were hung over and out of them.

Could refresh you day of the week memory. "Hmm got three packs left, bought the carton on Monday, So it must be Thursday.

Forced me to clean my room or car. Looking for that Emergency Smoke.

Meet girls (smoking girls).

Anybody else notice the weird differences?

jseah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2015
Hudson Valley, NY, USA
Whenever I took the dogs out to do their business, I would smoke an analog. If it was the last trip for the night, I would smoke two. And the dogs soon figured this out too. They knew that if I didn't have an analog lit, then they needed to come back to the door. Now they seem a bit confused. When I started vaping, I used to try to recall how many puffs I would take on an analog before I threw it away (I just don't remember) and tried to vape the same number of times to try to simulate the process. That soon was thrown out the window since you can vape as little or as much as you want.

Walking outside to have a smoke, you formed an instant camaraderie with other smokers. Walking outside to vape now, there is no longer that connection with smokers. I would assume that camaraderie would exist with other vapers, but I haven't had the opportunity to come across any.

KattMamma

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2015
DFW Area, Texas
LOL I miss the timer too! I know I take shorter "smoke breaks" now that I'm vaping because I can't just stand there and chain vape for 10 minutes (plus I do a little stealth vaping at my desk between breaks)

I don't miss hanging out with the smokers because I rarely did that anyway. Too many of them threw their butts on the ground which just ...... me off. I always tried to be a considerate smoker and got seriously annoyed with those who gave the rest of us a bad reputation.

Other than the timer, I really don't miss anything about smoking. The other changes I've noticed are all good (except being able to smell cig smoke on everything - I'm now trying to figure out how to get the smell out of my car's air conditioner vents!)

ReigntheGamer

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2014
LOL I miss the timer too! I know I take shorter "smoke breaks" now that I'm vaping because I can't just stand there and chain vape for 10 minutes (plus I do a little stealth vaping at my desk between breaks)

I don't miss hanging out with the smokers because I rarely did that anyway. Too many of them threw their butts on the ground which just ...... me off. I always tried to be a considerate smoker and got seriously annoyed with those who gave the rest of us a bad reputation.

Other than the timer, I really don't miss anything about smoking. The other changes I've noticed are all good (except being able to smell cig smoke on everything - I'm now trying to figure out how to get the smell out of my car's air conditioner vents!)

OT: Changing the cabin air filter (if your vehicle has one) will help a ton did that to my car shortly after quitting smoking, then it's just a matter of time until the smell gets out of the carpet/seats. You can even put a dryer sheet on the new one and it will circulate the fresh smell through the car to speed the process.

I was thinking about this a couple of days ago, actually.

I'm a beekeeper. When I smoked, a cigarette was a handy quickie bee smoker, which would allow me to do certain things around the hive without putting my big smoker together and fooling around to get it lit. Even working with the smoker, a crumbled up cigarette inside with the fuel seems to mellow the bees out. I am honestly going to purchase a pack of roll your own tobacco just to keep with my smoker fuel this summer for that reason.

Also, having a lit cigarette in my mouth when working a hive was more convenient in the event of a single sting to smoke the sting site (bees produce a pheromone when they sting; it can make other bees more likely to sting the same spot) and some chewed up tobacco on a sting takes the poison out. And when you're in a big bee yard, installing a lot of packages of bees into new hives, and there are lots of peeved bees flying around, a lit cigarette tends to keep them away from you. Vaping, unfortunately, does not seem to be good for any of these things.

Also, timing coats of paint…stuff would usually be dry enough for a second coat after three cigarettes.

Other than that, I don't miss anything about smoking.

RosaJ

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2012
The Woodlands, TX, USA

There's a way to replace the a/c vents filters. I've never done it but it looked pretty easy. Just google it.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
Just get a dripper . I noticed that fully loaded Magma with 1,7om on 10w takes about one cigg smoke time, to drain.
Yes, dripping can give you that timer thing back.
:)

I use standard 510 atomizers, not anything rebuildable.
And for me, it's four drops, vape, four more drops, vape, done.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
I was thinking about this a couple of days ago, actually.

I'm a beekeeper. When I smoked, a cigarette was a handy quickie bee smoker, which would allow me to do certain things around the hive without putting my big smoker together and fooling around to get it lit. Even working with the smoker, a crumbled up cigarette inside with the fuel seems to mellow the bees out. I am honestly going to purchase a pack of roll your own tobacco just to keep with my smoker fuel this summer for that reason.

Also, having a lit cigarette in my mouth when working a hive was more convenient in the event of a single sting to smoke the sting site (bees produce a pheromone when they sting; it can make other bees more likely to sting the same spot) and some chewed up tobacco on a sting takes the poison out. And when you're in a big bee yard, installing a lot of packages of bees into new hives, and there are lots of peeved bees flying around, a lit cigarette tends to keep them away from you. Vaping, unfortunately, does not seem to be good for any of these things.

Also, timing coats of paint…stuff would usually be dry enough for a second coat after three cigarettes.

Other than that, I don't miss anything about smoking.
This is really interesting given that nicotine-based pesticides were being blamed for bee population declines...
Nicotine pesticides phased out due to bee threat | News24
Link between neonicotinoids and honey bee colony collapse strengthened | News | Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health
Bee Deaths Reversal: As Evidence Points Away From Neonics As Driver, Pressure Builds To Rethink Ban - Forbes

I miss having a lighter with me all the time to: fire up the grill, fuse the end of a piece of rope, light a propane torch, get a ballpoint pen working, etc.

Lol, this is very true. I had a date the other night and decided to grill steaks. Tried everything to get it lit since I couldn't find a lighter the first few times I looked. Fyi, don't try lighting paper towels with your toaster. :)

Zealous

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2012
Texas
I think having a lighter all the time & having a cigarette in the car were the things that were hard to get used to. When I'm with a group of people who know me, they still look at me when they need a lighter as if it's a limb on my body or something.

As for the cigarette in the car thing, that's exactly why I still use an eroll in the car. I get the eroll out & keep it in my mouth until I leave the subdivision & then have a few puffs on it as I'm driving down the road & then put it away. That's similar to how I would take a smoke out & hold it with my lips until I got out of the subdivision & then fire it up once I got in normal traffic.

Pesticide MISUSE is harmful to bees. (As in, commercial agriculture applying pesticides during the day when bees are flying instead of at night like they are supposed to.) And neonics are one of the few pesticides that actually get inside the plant in such a way that they are present in the pollen of the plants it is used on, which is taken back to the hive and builds up inside it and weakens it. Which leaves the bees more vulnerable to parasites and infections that kill them.

A lot of the neonics/colony collapse panic is just the same as formaldehyde and vaping. It's the news, selling ads. Tobacco smoke is like bee xanax, for some reason, but it's probably not nicotine related.

AngelicTomPetty

Jun 8, 2014
Canada
Analogs. They were our way out, our excuse, our stress releif, our social catalyst, our way to say {moderated} YOU at life and so on. For some reason burning and inhaling this stick of tabacco became apart of our identity and our lives.

As a smoker you never think about the dark side of it, especially when everyones doing it around you.

You dont know how repulsive it is, until you actually stop doing it. You can now kiss a pretty girl without freshening up and shoving half a pack of gum down your throat.

I like this community because I feel like we all have embraced the concept of Health collectively. I know we may look like massive dorks sometimes puffing on our batteries equipped with spouts, but screw them do it for you. Do it for you and everyone you care about in this world.

Last edited by a moderator:
I miss having a lighter with me all the time to: fire up the grill, fuse the end of a piece of rope, light a propane torch, get a ballpoint pen working, etc.

I still carry a lighter in my purse, always. Because, the zombie apocalypse could happen, and I'd need to have a way to make fire.

Reactions: kakiser56
Thanks, Canary. Now I know a few things most people don't.

You're welcome, Nermal. :)

Everyone should be concerned about bee health, but some of the "colony collapse" panic is getting blown way out of proportion. And the majority of the solution to keeping bees from going away is changing how beekeepers take care of bees.

Reactions: Thespis
philoshop:15513325 said:
I've been vaping a month and can't tell you how many times I've gone to reach for a lighter and not had one. Same thing with cellophane as a convenient container.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread