Status
Not open for further replies.

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
Sourcemore sent me the Vapefly Brunhilde SBS 100W mod for the purpose of this review.

In the spirit of transparency, I want to state that the first Brunhilde I was sent malfunctioned. I think I did alright not letting that influence my thoughts on the mod in general, because even a reputable company like Vapefly can have a dud slip past QC.

What happened? Not exactly an auto-fire, but after I fired it and let off the button, it kept firing. I checked the button and it was not stuck in, so it must have been some sort of electrical fault. That said, I’ve paid extra close attention to the second mod I received, and spent extra time with it just to be sure, and it’s working just fine. I also know several other people who own this mod and I’ve not heard any of them have an issue with theirs. So it seems like a freak thing, but I wanted you to know. It’s only fair.

• In the box you’ll get
  • 1 Brunhilde SBS Mod 100W

• 1 Type C Charge Cable

• 1 User Manual

• 1 Warranty Card
IMG_0219.jpg

The Brunhilde can accommodate and 18650, 20700, or 21700 battery and comes with an adapter.

IMG_0223.jpg

It has W/V, bypass, and TC modes, and just click the fire button 3 times to change, then use the + and – to select wire type in TC mode. Press the + and – to lock the adjustments, and it will still fire.

What I like, although it feels heavy, it also feels solid and the rounded shape is easy to hold and fire. I have paired it with the Brunhilde RDTA and the Ephro Kelpie, both 25mm, and they fit perfectly, although the Kelpie doesn’t stick up so much higher than the battery lid. I don’t mind the mixed metals so much, and the sand blasted look of the aluminum body hides fingerprints.

IMG_0221.jpg

I’m not a huge fan of the tiny LED screen, but it’s bright and clear and easy to read. I’d prefer it to not be on the bottom even if it would take away from the clean look of the mod. And while on that subject, I could do without the wings and helmet. Sorry, I know some people like that.

IMG_0224.jpg

The finish looks good, but the battery cap sounds a little gravely. It goes on fine, but it’s noisy, and I would’ve expected it to be better, or at least break in a bit as many times as I’ve taken it off and put it back on.

Overall, I’m enjoying it. TC performs pretty well, considering the very basic menu, at least in SS – that’s all I use, so I can’t comment on other wire types. I’m one of those weirdos who insists that a good mod will give better performance to the atty, and I find I’m getting a nice vape with this one. I won’t say A+, but a solid B.

I’ll be candid here and say that I was not going to buy this mod. I have loads of mods, and seen loads more, that triggered my shinyitis harder than this one did. But it’s really a lot nicer than I thought, and I’m glad I didn’t miss out on it.

Use code SBSM to get the Brunhilde SBS for $48.31.

Thanks, Sourcemore, for the opportunity to review the Vapefly Brunhilde SBS 100W mod!

KonaNeil

ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2009
Big Island, Hawaii
How long did it take for them to get the units to you? I asked because this Monday I received an Abyss mod and accessories that I ordered from Sourcemore at the beginning of November. They shipped by Netherlands post and it took them one day short of two months to get it to USPS in the states.

For my purchases this is a record and I'm wondering if this is normal these days from Sourcemore

Reactions: DPLongo22
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread