The Vapor Chef

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've ordered from the Vapor Chef once and I think I will do it again. My first order was Hobbes Blood and Unicorn Poop, and he gave me a sample of pina guavada. I was so excited and i filled my protank with unicorn poop and started vaping. And then i coughed tremendously. It tasted like blueberry hairspray. So i took off my protank, and put a couple drops of hobbes blood in an evod, and that tasted a little bit better. Pina guavada was alright. So i waited 2 weeks and tried the flavors again. much MUCH better. I waited another week and they got even better. My friend just got some Honey Peary from the vapor chef and it is absolutely delicious. So if you're going to order from the vapor chef, definitely let them sit for a while and have back up juice available. I get all my standard juices from mt.baker vapor. Tons of good juices for good prices, but none of MBV flavors can touch the diversity of The Vapor Chefs flavors.

Fenway75

Moved On
Apr 8, 2014
OK, so my order of eight sample bottles (plus a freebie ninth!) has arrived and I've begun working through them. Will post initial thoughts and then let them steep a bit, and post impressions afterward. All flavors sampled with a Vision Spinner II and Kanger Evod 2 at 2.0 ohms:

Butter Beer - VERY smooth and mellow. Not nearly as cloyingly sweet as I expected, if it continues to please after steeping I can see this one making the 'reorder' list.

Blue Jazzberry - Also surprisingly understated; I was a bit afraid of being punched in the face with blue raspberry (think of the overpowering slushy flavor), but it's done nicely. I don't think this will make it into the rotation, but it's definitely not bad.

Frosty Apple - This is a nice palate cleanser. The apple is sweet and smooth, and the 'frost' of the menthol is nicely understated. This might be a good one for times when olfactory exhaustion are approaching.

Apple Bourbon Tobacco - This one is LOVELY. The apple is the strongest note, with the bourbon and tobacco serving as smooth counterparts. An excellent vape to go with a manhattan in the evenings, or with coffee in the morning to give a touch of sweetness. This is also a strong contender for reorders if steeping continues to enhance it.

Still Awaiting Tasting:

Honey Pearry
Funky Monkey
Honey Nut Tobacco
Slartibartfast
Some 'Mores (this was the freebie)

Madmadigan

ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2013
So Cal
I've noticed all my bakery flavors got stronger as time went on and the fruits mellowed out as time went on to have little flavor.
ETA so I don't recommend leaving your fruits for a month or more. Air them out a day or two and be done with it it will not get any more flavorful
This has been my experience with TVC as well. I have found there fruit flavors to be best FOOB. The desert vapes need steeping and i order them in larger sizes. When i need to repurchase i get all the scrumptious fruit flavors in sample sizes and vape them up first. This is not to take away from TVC because his flavours are just outstanding.

wonkeypickle

ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2013
'murrikka
been vaping the two new flavors, kerry's berries and colbert's wonderful nuts. the kerrys is great, with the yogurt flavor being very subtle but spot on! the berries are there as well, i got it in max vg so overall the flavor is subtle. definately a must try for anyone looking for something tasty yet different. the colbert's wonderful nuts is quite tasty as well, although i'll admit my experience with pistachio ice cream is limited at best. i taste what i would assume to be the pistachio, plus a gentle vanilla ice cream flavor that makes the juice very smooth and creamy, again this was max vg so your mileage may vary.

Fenway75

Moved On
Apr 8, 2014
OK, so my order of eight sample bottles (plus a freebie ninth!) has arrived and I've begun working through them. Will post initial thoughts and then let them steep a bit, and post impressions afterward. All flavors sampled with a Vision Spinner II and Kanger Evod 2 at 2.0 ohms:

Butter Beer
- VERY smooth and mellow. Not nearly as cloyingly sweet as I expected, if it continues to please after steeping I can see this one making the 'reorder' list.

Blue Jazzberry - Also surprisingly understated; I was a bit afraid of being punched in the face with blue raspberry (think of the overpowering slushy flavor), but it's done nicely. I don't think this will make it into the rotation, but it's definitely not bad.

Frosty Apple - This is a nice palate cleanser. The apple is sweet and smooth, and the 'frost' of the menthol is nicely understated. This might be a good one for times when olfactory exhaustion are approaching.

Apple Bourbon Tobacco - This one is LOVELY. The apple is the strongest note, with the bourbon and tobacco serving as smooth counterparts. An excellent vape to go with a manhattan in the evenings, or with coffee in the morning to give a touch of sweetness. This is also a strong contender for reorders if steeping continues to enhance it.

Still Awaiting Tasting:

Honey Pearry
Funky Monkey
Honey Nut Tobacco
Slartibartfast
Some 'Mores (this was the freebie)

And the rest. As always, tested on a Vision Spinner II with Kanger Evod 2 tanks at 2.0 ohms:

Honey Pearry - Very nice, much more subtle than I expected. I thought the honeydew was going to be the most forward flavor, but they all meld together very nicely. The pear notes give it an interesting crispness that will make it a very enjoyable warm day road-trip kind of vape.

Funky Monkey - Very banana-forward straight out of the bottle. The chocolate is there, lurking in the wings, and the nuts are somewhere in the building. It's a good dessert vape, but I have to say the Five Pawns Grandmaster is a much more flavorful and complex vape if you're looking for a peanut/banana mix. With the cost factored in, though, this is a more than agreeable vape.

Honey Nut Tobacco
- This one was disappointing. I was hoping for a more tobacco-forward flavor with a honey touch, and it's the other way around. The honey really smacks you in the face, and is so 'honey-ish' it has a borderline unpleasant aftertaste (my first thought, no kidding, was urine). Hoping this smooths out with a bit of steeping.

Slartibartfast - This one is described as "the smell when the tin of cherry tobacco was opened to scoop out some for my grandfather," and it's dead on. Despite my relentlessly juvenile brain's insistence on translating this name to "SlartleBartleFartle" in my head, vaping this makes me want to dress in corduroy and impart knowledge to today's youth. A fantastic evening vape, and I'm really looking forward to seeing how it holds up to a nice bourbon or scotch.

Some 'Mores - The graham and marshmallow are the dominant flavors here; smooth and subtle, could use a touch more chocolate. Overall, though, a pleasant dessert-style vape.

Tom Servo

ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2014
United States
the kerrys is great, with the yogurt flavor being very subtle but spot on! the berries are there as well, i got it in max vg so overall the flavor is subtle. definately a must try for anyone looking for something tasty yet different.
I got a sample of the Kerry's Berries with my last order, and I sucked it all down in less than a day. The yogurt base with fruit overtones is excellent. I've now got 36ml of it on the way.

Lombaowski

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 22, 2013
DC via the 313
I ordered a bunch of stuff on their Easter sale, tried six or seven different flavors.

Honey Nut Tobacco
- This one was disappointing. I was hoping for a more tobacco-forward flavor with a honey touch, and it's the other way around. The honey really smacks you in the face, and is so 'honey-ish' it has a borderline unpleasant aftertaste (my first thought, no kidding, was urine). Hoping this smooths out with a bit of steeping.

I really love this stuff, it's a nice mixer with RY4 I've found. However, as I said earlier in the thread, I get many complaints about the smell of this one. Everyone to a person says it smells like feet, so if you are tasting what they smell, you are vaping a foot. I guess I like that sort of thing. :blink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread