Therion 75c resistance

Status
Not open for further replies.

RayofLight62

ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2015
Kent - United Kingdom
Asking to the owners of the lost vape Therion 75c, what is the internal resistance of this device.

There are conflicting information on the Web.

DJLSb review stresses, with narrative and video sovraimpression, that the correct resistance to set into eScribe is 0.0081 Ohm. This is, 8.1 milliohm.

The default setup files on the Evolv forums calls for 0.004 Ohm, or 4 milliohm.

The mod itself, come from factory with 0.004 Ohm.

I do not have the solid copper plug to conduct the measure.

Does somebody have an indication?

Thanks,

drmarble

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2014
Oklahoma City, OK, USA
It’s a regulated mod, so internal resistance isn’t a factor the same way as it is with a mechanical mod. The device will output whatever voltage you set it for no matter the state or type of the battery.
True, for voltage and wattage mode. If you use temperature control the internal resistance affects the accuracy. It is compensated on a DNA device if it is correctly present. One of the attractions of "replay mode" is the internal resistance again becomes irrelevant.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
True, for voltage and wattage mode. If you use temperature control the internal resistance affects the accuracy. It is compensated on a DNA device if it is correctly present. One of the attractions of "replay mode" is the internal resistance again becomes irrelevant.
..and replay is all I use on my therion. The description of resistance affecting though does not scan according to my admittedly limited understanding of the concept. It is reasonable that it would apply to some methodologies of doing TC but my understanding is that there are more than one method so it could very well not apply to some devices

RayofLight62

ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2015
Kent - United Kingdom
To put it in perspective, with a 0.25 Ohm Ss316L coil, one (1) milliohm represents a change of temperature of five (5) degree Celsius.
So, the wrong setting in eScribe above, between 0.004 and 0.0081, translates into an error of the displayed temperature of about 20 degree Celsius.

• Informative
Reactions: Foggy Road

diagrammatiks

ECF Veteran
Aug 18, 2018
To put it in perspective, with a 0.25 Ohm Ss316L coil, one (1) milliohm represents a change of temperature of five (5) degree Celsius.
So, the wrong setting in eScribe above, between 0.004 and 0.0081, translates into an error of the displayed temperature of about 20 degree Celsius.

Right but no one can tell you what this number is. Most mod makers just do an approximate figure from the factory as well

3heavens

Mar 1, 2017
IMHO just Buy the copper plug and test it. My epetite called for .003 came with .000 and I think djlsb recommended .004. I wasted a lot of time worrying about it when it cost $10-15 shipped to your house.
The only way you’ll know, is to try it. Then your done.

Good luck, I don’t mean to be rude

Edit. As far as I know it’s only gonna really matter if your using tc

Reactions: bombastinator

Dougiestyle

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2011
Knoxville, TN USA
What's so hard about finding your "sweet spot" regardless of the display setting? The numbers don't matter in terms of vapor/flavor production. If 400*F is too much for your taste, try 380"F. See, that's not so hard.

I remember when the first VV mods had an unmarked potentiometer, and you turned it up until it was warm enough. Simpler times made for less confusion and the vapor worked the same as it does with whizzeriedoos and blinkie color touch-screens.

Reactions: Izan

Hoggy

ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2013
WI, USA
What's so hard about finding your "sweet spot" regardless of the display setting? The numbers don't matter in terms of vapor/flavor production. If 400*F is too much for your taste, try 380"F. See, that's not so hard.

What I think people are saying, is that it may mess with Replay moreso than TC. TC is like you say, and what I've always done - numbers were just a rough guide. But Replay is an entirely different animal (remember - Replay IS NOT TC!). In my own limited playing around with that field, I noticed that replay wouldn't act the same (nor reliably) when different numbers were put in. So I think Replay may be more adversely affected by it.

And speaking of that, has anyone got a link to (or gotten a hold of) that special copper slug - that is still WORKING? I'd rather not mess around with solder if I don't have to. :)

Dougiestyle

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2011
Knoxville, TN USA
Well, I'm not a fan of TC, and my reference was centered in my use of Watts. If 42W is too high at a moment in my day, I can drop to 41W. Given that, and replay mode "IS NOT TC!", at the point you hit a favorite puff and set replay, your DNA takes over. What does the resistance measurement of the mod have to do with it? I thought replay simplified the vape setting.

Hoggy

ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2013
WI, USA
What does the resistance measurement of the mod have to do with it?

I don't know. Others smarter than me might have a better idea, but I think one of the problems finding out more is due to the trade secrets involved.

I thought replay simplified the vape setting.

As my understanding, it does - but it's still different from TC.. It's more for hitting a certain flavor profile that you may be after at the time you started replay. I actually think wattage makes the most sense for setting a replay puff, as TC would be to consistent from puff to puff and make it rather pointless to set a replay for. When you set a puff via wattage, you get more of that 'sweep' through a flavor profile - hitting the flavor molecule volatiles differently with every puff.

Whereas TC is more like, bam! (Emeril ;)) You get this flavor profile at 420F, this flavor profile at 440F... It'll be same every time with each puff at the various temp settings - there won't really be any 'sweep' through the volatiles like there is in wattage.. At least not much to speak of. So, personally, I wouldn't understand the point of setting a replay puff from a TC puff.

Reactions: Dougiestyle
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread