They really DO taste that bad

Status
Not open for further replies.

VJH

ECF Veteran
Jul 26, 2011
Mt. Rainier MD
I have been vaping for a little over a week and have seen people write about how bad analogs taste after vaping for awhile. Now I love my new vaping obsession, but when I read posts saying that analogs taste gross to veteran vapers I though "yeah, how bad can it be," I mean for 10 year analogs were my security blanket, reward, after dinner break, late night companion, etc. I LIKED analogs but they are awful for me, so I turned to ecigs. Then tonight I thought what the heck, I'll take a few drags and see how it is- not because I wanted to go back to analogs, just wanted to say hello to an old friend.

Drag 1: I thought "Hmm, that's not good. Did I light the filter by mistake?" (No, I didn't)
Drag 2: "Ew, this tastes like dry dirt. I must be doing something wrong."
Drag 3: "They really DO taste that bad!" (Snuffed it out and reached for my pv filled with blueberry frost. Yum.)

So, ladies and gentlemen, I have realized that there is no turning back for me. And it is a good place to be. Thank you all for your help and support while I got up and running.

Cheers.:vapor:

candylady

Jul 6, 2011
washington
You have just described the reaction I had when I took a drag off of a cigarette after 5 weeks of vaping. I could not believe the bad taste! After so many years (40) of smoking and even after quitting one other time and going back I figured that cigarette was really going to taste good. GACK!! I was so amazed (and still am) that it was so awful. What does vaping do to our taste buds? I can still be around cig smoke and it doesn't bother me, but as time goes on it smells worse and worse and my desire to smoke has pretty much vanished. I love my ecigs more every day!

Eddie.Willers

ECF Wiki SysOp
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 3, 2011
Prairie Canada
The last analog I had was about 6 weeks ago - after spending a nasty few minutes being held at gunpoint on the floor of a restaurant. Relief at being alive (after the Bad Guys had left) made me seek a Marlboro from a fellow diner.

Yeeeuch! Two drags and I threw the damn thing away - the nerves could calm down on their own!
:vapor:

Fr34k5h0w

Apr 24, 2010
washington
I agree.. I had to light up a tobacco ryo a few times while my 502's enemic battery was stuck on the charger... and every drag made me want to barf! Tobacco is definately horible tasting. Makes me wonder how I was able to smoke that chemicle factory for 7 yrs. YUK!. Now I got an eGo and 4 batteries. I will never touch a tobacco .... again. Tobacco flavored e liquid is sweet and good tasting while real tobacco tastes like gear lube mixed with paint thinner... just the though of an analog makes me want to puke.

styxzan

ECF Veteran
Aug 2, 2011
FL
Wow, I had the same reaction. I had promised DH that *this* would be my last pack of Djarum Blacks while I waited for the kit to arrive in the mail. When the kit showed up, I was vaping and smoking in rotation until the cloves were gone. Finally, I was down to ONE cigarette. I prepared my coffee, and took my cigarette and lighter outside to enjoy my final smoke.

And it was disgusting. What's funnier is that ever since I've smoked cloves, I always hated the taste of regular cigarettes because they tasted like licking an ashtray. Yet, my Djarum had the same flavor. Amazing.

VJH

ECF Veteran
Jul 26, 2011
Mt. Rainier MD
I got it from myvaporstore.com. It isn't super blueberry tasting (but that could just be that my taste buds haven't recovered yet) and has a minty edge to it. I really enjoy it. Even more now than when I cracked open the bottle last week.
Aloha glad you stayed with vaping...I haven't went for a drag off a analog to afraid I would go back..I was wondering what Blueberry frost is and where you buy it? I vape Blueberry cheesecake daily I love it..

kpms0n

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2011
Honolulu, Hi
Aloha glad you stayed with vaping...I haven't went for a drag off a analog to afraid I would go back..I was wondering what Blueberry frost is and where you buy it? I vape Blueberry cheesecake daily I love it..

Nice to see a person from Hawaii on here :D

back to topic. I used to LOVE the taste of burning tobacco. a month into vaping and decided to say hello to that "old friend" and ended up with a headache half way through the analog and feeling hella crappy. the fact that it also tasted like crap made me think "wow...i can't believe i actually LOVED the taste of cigarettes" LOL

Morandir835

Idiot Guru
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2011
Outside DC
Think a key reason why cigs taste so horrible to vapers is the body chemistry (and brain chemistry) change that takes place once you switch. Body and brain still craves the nicotine, but once the dependence on the other chemicals is over, your body adjusts. Now it associates smoking as bad, thus they now taste bad....

Mindfield

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2010
Toronto, ON
Yup. It was the same for me. A lot of us do the one-week (or two week or whatever) test on an analog, just out of curiosity, and because the return of your senses of taste and smell makes you wonder how much has really changed when it comes to a flavour you're intimately familiar with: Cigarettes. For me, my one week test went like this:

1. *lights cigarette*
2. Holy crap. This tastes exactly like it did the first time I ever lit up a cigarette and smoked it!
2. Holy crap. I actually remember what cigarettes taste like when you've never had one before!
3. Holy crap this is nasty!
4. How in rank hell did I ever power through this nastiness to become addicted?
5. Holy crap this is nasty!
6. Screw this, give me my PV back.
7. *tosses cig*
8. Hey, cool, that's the last time I'll ever litter with cigarette butts!
9. *vapes*
10. Damn, that's good.
11. Jesus, do my clothes stink of smoke.
12. Is this what I constantly smelled like to non-smokers? Good f%&$ing riddance!

Sadly, I did have to go back to smoking for a while when I got a bad juice that effected my health (but didn't know it was that specific juice that was bad at the time), but I can't tell you how glad I was to get back to vaping when I discovered it was that juice that was bad and not juice in general. Haven't touched a cig in months, no problems with bad juice, and I'm never, ever going back to the nastiness that was tobacco.

I'm right there with you. When I smell analogs, I get sick to my stomach. And my wife has not quit smoking (she only smokes like 3-5 cigarettes a week), and when I smell them, its gag time. Been vaping since the middle of May... I went camping in June and wasn't able to keep my stuff charged up, so I slipped up for a week... but since then, 0 analogs. I love my PV.

marcellus7

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2011
Alabama
For some reason, they don't taste terrible to me. I've slipped and had a few since I started vaping, but I could still smoke it. Maybe my mind just blocks it out, lol. I guess it could also be the fact that the few times that I've tried them since I've been vaping, were after a few beers. I will say it tastes nowhere near as great as this Caramel Popcorn im vaping now :vapor::vapor: mm mmm

SmokingBullet

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2010
Southern Utal
I started vaping in early October 2010 and I still at times want to have a real cigarette especially when friends come over and start smoking. I must admit I've taken a hit off of a cigarette and hated it. I can't stand the smell either, and I use to love it!

When I have a really bad craving for a cigarette I reach for a carto filled with menthol flavor; what I use to smoke. After vaping it for a few seconds the "need" is gone.

Congrats on discovering vaping :)
I have been vaping for a little over a week and have seen people write about how bad analogs taste after vaping for awhile. Now I love my new vaping obsession, but when I read posts saying that analogs taste gross to veteran vapers I though "yeah, how bad can it be," I mean for 10 year analogs were my security blanket, reward, after dinner break, late night companion, etc. I LIKED analogs but they are awful for me, so I turned to ecigs. Then tonight I thought what the heck, I'll take a few drags and see how it is- not because I wanted to go back to analogs, just wanted to say hello to an old friend.

Drag 1: I thought "Hmm, that's not good. Did I light the filter by mistake?" (No, I didn't)
Drag 2: "Ew, this tastes like dry dirt. I must be doing something wrong."
Drag 3: "They really DO taste that bad!" (Snuffed it out and reached for my pv filled with blueberry frost. Yum.)

So, ladies and gentlemen, I have realized that there is no turning back for me. And it is a good place to be. Thank you all for your help and support while I got up and running.

Cheers.:vapor:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread