They're catching on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aladdin

Jun 26, 2011
South Jersey
As I mentioned in my intro, I started with "A Better Healthy Way" brand. The starter kit was a gift from my wife. I quickly found they did not deliver a good dose of nicotine. I searched around and saw some sites that rated various e-cigs. Green Smoke seemed like a good bet, so I started using them. A little pricey, and I found the batteries varied in the delivery, but all-in-all they worked pretty well.
The cartomizers are one use disposable type. But, what I liked about them was that I found you could snap the white plug off the end of the cartomizer, pull the little soft plastic stopper from the unside and refill them with a stronger e-liquid drip, then replace the soft stopper and white plug on the end. The internal atomizer would last another four or five refills from dripping in about eight drops of e-liquid each time it ran dry.
Well, apparently the figured out folks were doing this and made adjustments. The white plug on the end of the cartomizer is now deeper into the cartomizer and glued in. Very hard to remove. It breaks up as you try to pry it out. Also they seem to have reduced the endurance of the internal atomizer, because it would only last for one drip in refill. Bastids!

Anyone else refilling and found the suppliers are getting crafty in preventing refills?

Aladdin~

Gestalt

ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2011
Colorado
You could probably still refill them using the condom method. Also, I tend to just drip juice into the battery end of the cartomizer. That can be risky if you are using an automatic battery since the juice can get into the hole in the battery and ruin it. Most of the devices that are recommended on this site are designed to be refilled, so eventually you might want to upgrade to something else.

Edit: Also, you can probably get cartomizers that will last a bit longer from a different supplier. I'm not sure which threads the Green Smoke uses, but I'm sure someone knows.

Iusedtoanalog

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2011
Pennsylvania
Alladin, If you can find out what the equipment actually is... i just googled it(kinda looks like an 808 to me) you take that model number, whatever it may be and find one of tons of suppliers who support that product to pick up your cartos from instead of greensmoke.Most of the suppliers support refilling and will even teach you the right way to do it and which juices will work best. You may be able to get an atomizer and cart configuration for your device which some like more than the cartomizers. There is a learning curve with e cigs, your first step is going to be to find out which unit you actually have and go from there.

WomanOfHeart

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2010
Colorado
Just my opinion, but Green Smoke is an overpriced POS. It's a D9 battery, there is no atomizer/cart option, and finding blank cartos is a PITA. That was my first e-cig and luckily I found this forum before the 30 return period was up. I got a Riva kit and haven't looked back since. Hopefully you're still within the 30 days so you can get your money back. Believe me, there are much less expensive, better models out there.

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
I agree with Woman of Heart. If it has "green" or "safe" or "blu" in the name, they are a POS. Get manual batteries (small button) and a better battery PV (personal vaporizer) and you will be surprised at the better performance. RIVA 510 or 901, e-power or if you really want a better device, look at the 5 volt options such as the GLV2 or a good variable volt, like the Darwin. Here are some well supported suppliers on ECF:

Electronic Cigarette - Starter Kits - Riva 510

Nhaler

Electronic Cigarettes and E-Liquid - Great Lakes Vapor

Box Mods

Welcome to MadVapes LLC

Good Luck

Higbe33

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
Thanks for the replies. I'm still kinda' new to this and am learning, but haven't invested a lot of time into checking options. I will look into the Riva.

Aladdin~

The Riva is a great place to start! Vapor Junction has them on sale with the 1100 mAH batteries and the coupon code for June is "summerheat" for 15% off that. Plenty large enough battery when you want to try low resistance (LR) atomizers or cartomizers and one battery will last you all day. Need to leave off the cone or modify it if you use the mega cartomizers. The cone fits too snug and won't allow air by, but easy to modify or leave the cone off. Good luck and welcome.

Hig

stretchpants

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2011
The Prettiest in NeverNear
I LOVE Liberty Flights.All their stuff is good and they ship quick.

OK. Poked around a bit. You could go nuts with this stuff. SO MANY choices/options! Found the Liberty-Flight.com site and it looks like I'm ready to move up to something more substantial. I went with the Riva 901 kit and got a few accessories. We shall see how it goes.

Aladdin~

JW50

ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2011
USA Kentucky
OK. Poked around a bit. You could go nuts with this stuff. SO MANY choices/options! Found the Liberty-Flight.com site and it looks like I'm ready to move up to something more substantial. I went with the Riva 901 kit and got a few accessories. We shall see how it goes.

Aladdin~

Won't be long till your posting - "Green Smoke POS." If you don't, I've got some GS accessories I'll part with really cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread