Thick juice in dct

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have some juices that are 50/50 and some that are 65/35 but fairly thick. I have noticed my smok dual coil carts don't like to wick it up at all. I have to try it out once I drain what is in the tank, but I punched 4 holes in one since 2 wasn't cutting it. I've seen people talking about slitting them with a dremel, but have also heard stories of that creating flooding issues. Is there a trick to getting thick juice to work with a carto tank? I don't mind using my Tatroe tank or my protank, I prefer them most of the time actually. Also, thinking my next carto purchase will be single coils, would the same flow improvement techniques work for single coil?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Thick juices and dark juices don't get along with wick materials, whether they be the polyfiller in cartomizers or the silica string wicks of clearomizers. They either can't keep up with wicking enough juice to the heating coil or the filler becomes clogged prematurely. Adding additional or larger holes doesn't help a whole lot.

What I recommend to people having this issue is to avoid juice delivery devices that depend upon wicking material. Try dripping on an atomizer; this gives excellent flavor production as there is no wick material to "taint" or mute the flavor, but can be inconvenient in certain vaping situations. Or use a bottom feeding box mod (the full flavor of an atomizer with the convenience of a tank).

Vapage VMod-XL. 18650 battery lasts nearly 2 days. Removeable inner tank holds 9 ml of juice.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread