things are getting weird

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been vaping to 3 weeks now XD i got a itaste mvp 2.0 with a iclear 30 tank
i vape at 5volts i really like that warm vape with a big cloud but every now and again
it taste soo nasty im still getting a good cloud i tried cleaning it out and using a new
flavor but it still happens. i vape around 3 ml a day oh and it seems like its getting
weaker like all around flavors weaker throat hit is weaker and my clouds are a bit weaker
oh and im vaping 18 nic........so yeah taste really nasty BUT not all the time. what the
hell is going on? lol

kyaku

ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2011
Central KY
Welcome aboard. I'm one of the quiet ones but just wanted to share my first thoughts. It's possible that you are puffing too hard or too long every now and then for the nasty taste. ?
Also, in my case, when it starts getting weaker, it means my battery needs another charge. It's takes a while to get the hang of vaping if you're used to cigs.

Noble Gas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2014
California
Yeah, we definitely need more information to help. Does the flavor ever improve once it goes bad? Or once it tastes bad does it stay bad? If it stays bad, then you may just be burning out your coil and need to change it. Have you tried adjusting your voltage down when you get a bad taste? If you get a bad taste and lower the voltage and it tastes better, then you may just be burning your juice a little. Remember that when you vape several times in a row, the coils stay hot for a few seconds and need less power to reach the ideal temperature to create vapor. Try letting them cool off for ten seconds between vapes. If you're running your rig too hot, there's also the possibility of melting an insulator in your coil, which are typically made of rubber. The taste from that is awful and, once it happens that coil is useless.
Anyway welcome to ECF and please feel free to provide more detailed info for more accurate help. The more we know about the conditions of you problem, the easier it is to pinpoint a solution. :)

I use an MVP 2 with an iClear 30 (top coil version) quite a lot atm. Only had it for the past couple of weeks but I hardly ever get a burnt taste.

The only times I do get it is if the tank is empty and I decide to try and magic some vapour from the remaining sludge! I vape at 4.6V (10W) btw.

The only other time is if I super chain vape (standard chain vape is my norm!) then I might rarely get it. At that point I just tilt the device sideways and let the liquid lubricate the wicks quickly, then vape on!

Not needed to change a coil yet but when I do, as mentioned above I would expect to start getting a bad taste that persists until the coil is disposed of.

It is possible your experience could differ from mine for a number of reasons, for instance the liquid you use, vaping at a higher wattage, etc.

Last edited:

Altaire Versailles

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2013
Detroit MI
The juice youre burning doesnt like the voltage youre vaping at. All juices have different sweet spots and burning points. If you taste even the slightest bit of nastiness in a hit, turn it down immediately or youre gonna be sorry. Its not worth it for the clouds man. Youre just burning up juice, youre not gonna get a much better buzz, youre just blowing 80% of your bottle away. I used to burn everything up too when I started vaping, chasing clouds. Then I took an arrow to the knee.

the puffs i take are 7-8 seconds long smooth and slow i let the first 2 seconds go what i mean by that is take a hit at 2 seconds i open my mouth to let out vapor
out the close my mouth and continue vaping. after awhile my liquid turns a dark amber almost brown it starts of pink. when i started i use to always get a really harsh
hit the first 3 or 4 times. but now i never get that harshness........could it be possible i burnt out just 1 coil? and yeah i think you guys are right about the burning my juice

WharfRat1976

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2014
Austin, Texas
The iclear is a fussy finicky little beast. Many great suggestions for you already here. If you look closely at the guts under your top cap you will see a little clear rubber cap that covers the tops of your wicks. This little cap tends to stifle the wicks from saturating fully as well as quickly. I took a tiny scissors and cut away some of the rubber to free the wicks up a little bit and this helped. I ended up completely removing the rubber cap in the end. This can cause other issues as well. If you fire the coil without juice on it you will burn the coil and wick out and it will need to be replaced as I think you have learned. The other fix I have used is to remove 1 strand of wick from each coil (there are 2 coils, a top and a bottom.) So then you will have 2 wicks running through each coil instead of 3. This creates a little more "room" in there to allow better saturation.

My best solution is to go to an Aerotank. It is a bottom coil and much less finicky although it too can have its moments.

Best of luck and don't give up. You are in the beginning phases of this great hobby and better alternative to analogs.

Noble Gas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2014
California
If you fire your mod for a couple seconds or more without drawing air over the coils to cool them, there's a good chance you'll burn your wick and/or your juice. Also: a seven second draw? Really? That's a looooong hit. If I do a straight lung inhale with any of my atomizers and take anything longer than a four or five second hit (average toot time is more like one to three seconds for me), I get burnt juice and my drip tip gets hot enough to burn my lips. This means you're holding down the firing button for nine or ten seconds every time you fire. The coils just get hotter and hotter when you do that, and will burn your wick and/or your juice. Not recommended and, probably why it tastes bad. I doubt getting a Nautilus will fix your problem if you keep hitting it like that. Watch some youtube videos and work on changing your draw technique if you don't want to be changing coils constantly.

Last edited:

InTheShade

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2013
South Texas
problem solved i got a NAUTILUS MINI.

LOL, hopefully you won't have feeding issues with that as well... some do, some don't.

Meanwhile, learning how your clearomizers work and feed liquid into the coils will mean a better vaping experience for you.

Almost everything out there will leak, gurgle, dry-hit or just not work at some point and just throwing money at the issue and buying something else is not always the best option.

Still, I hope your mini treats you well - and welcome from last time too :toast:

Rsunderl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 4, 2014
Silver Spring, MD, USA
Only 7 weeks for me, but I went through pretty much the same thing. Learned that if you "pulse vape", you stand a better chance of not burning your juice and/or wicks. By that, I mean press the fire button for just a sec or two and then let go and then press it again for just a sec or two. You can do this a fair number of times before your coil gets too hot and it lets them cycle on and off, letting them "recover" heat-wise between firings

Hope that made sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread