Status
Not open for further replies.

Baldr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2011
Dallas, Tx
Right now, I'm using an ego with 1000 mah batteries, and I'm pretty happy with it. I've never had anything else, fairly new to all this.

I hear a lot of people saying you get even better results with a variable voltage system. Sure, I like the ProVari and such, but that's well over $200 to get it and battery and charger. So I'm looking for something cheaper now, with the idea that maybe I'll do something like that later on.

And someone mentioned they liked this basic box mod from madvapes.

Variable Voltage Box Mod

If I understand it right, that runs on 3 AA batteries? That sounds, well, like not much battery power.

And I'd like to put a liquinator on it.

510 Dual Coil Vape-O-Matic Liquinator 3mL

Since I don't know anything about mods, maybe that's a bad plan.

Maybe I need to read an "Introduction to Mods" FAQ or thread, and I haven't seen one, so if you know of one, maybe you could linky me?

One thing I'm sure of, is that you guys will give some good advice. You always do.

MickeyRat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2011
Hickory, NC
I have one of those and it works well. Those look like AAs but, they are 3.7V 14500 li-on batteries and it takes two. You can't buy them at Wal-mart so you'll need to order some batteries and a charger. They cost a lot more than AAs too. Deal extreme has the best price I've found but, they take 3-4 weeks to get to you. Madvapes has them too. Make sure you get protected. Lots of mods take these kinds of batteries so it's not a bad thing to have.

As for the unit itself, it's a good introduction for the price. The linear regulator can get a little warm when you vape it a lot. That warmth is wasted power. So, it's not as easy on the batteries as some other units. Long term, I don't see this being a durable unit. I see it as a good way to try out VV but, you'll move on to something else eventually, if that's what you want.

I don't know anything about the Vape-O-Matic but, if it doesn't have a track record, you're taking a chance. There are so many gizmos that come out. People say they are the greatest thing to happen to vaping for a week or so. Then they start posting about the problems and if you're lucky, how to get around the problems.

Last edited:

Baldr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2011
Dallas, Tx
My normal PV system is ego, 1000 mah batteries, with the ego T tank system. Type A is what I'm using, though I want to try the type B.

So I have an T atomizer on the battery, and then the tank into that. As far as I know, that would work with the mod, too, since it's just screwing onto the battery via a 510 connection, which is what the mod uses. Does that sound right?

Some people are thrilled with the vaporizer, and some people get leaks and hate it. It's a screw off piece - if I don't like it, I'll take it off and use the same thing I'm using now, just a different battery system and I'll have the VV.

I like the idea of the vaporizer because you can put so much juice in and not have to refill but once a day.

iBANKAI

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 22, 2010
Hawaii
check out the mini vv splash at vapecore.com its around $70

been trying to get one but it seems like they've always been outta stock..i also wanted to get a VMU but it seems like they never have those in stock too..it would be nice to have a box mod with a digital readout..

Baldr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2011
Dallas, Tx

jmlott

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 4, 2011
Marietta, GA
FWIW, I'm an Ego-T user interested in trying VV as well. I just ordered the Ego Booster after seeing great reviews. It should get here in about 2 weeks. The only drawback is how long its going to make my Ego. It'll definitely hang out of my pocket. If that ends up bothering me, I'll sell that and get a Little Sister. If I go that route, I'll end up with the 510 to Ego adapter so I can still use my tanks while I'm trying out cartos and whatnot.

That's where the research has led me anyway. Pocket sized is important to me, so the bigger mods don't appeal.

Baldr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2011
Dallas, Tx
I think eventually, I'll use my eGo when I go out, or something similarly small and unobtrusive.

And I think I'll have a bigger, fancier mod here at home. I'm just not sure what.

A lot of people are very happy with mods that don't have VV. And I'm not sure I'll want to adjust it a lot. Maybe I just need something with a stronger voltage than the ego normally gives, and I don't actually need to be able to vary that amount.

I think the Reo stuff when has such a good reputation isn't variable, for instance.

BigCypress

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 16, 2010
RI
My normal PV system is ego, 1000 mah batteries, with the ego T tank system. Type A is what I'm using, though I want to try the type B.

So I have an T atomizer on the battery, and then the tank into that. As far as I know, that would work with the mod, too, since it's just screwing onto the battery via a 510 connection, which is what the mod uses. Does that sound right?

Some people are thrilled with the vaporizer, and some people get leaks and hate it. It's a screw off piece - if I don't like it, I'll take it off and use the same thing I'm using now, just a different battery system and I'll have the VV.

I like the idea of the vaporizer because you can put so much juice in and not have to refill but once a day.

Wrong thread?

Baldr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2011
Dallas, Tx

Baldr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2011
Dallas, Tx
I think I want a higher voltage than that 510 mod will do. VV would be nice, but I might consider a 5v or 6v non variable system. Madvapes also has a low end VV box mod, and some pretty, low cost tube mods that will do 6v or 3.7, depending on the batteries you put in them.

Right now, I'm sort of stalling. I could get a low end mod now, or I can wait a little longer and get a high end mod, like a provari.

I suspect I'll want to try a Reo one of these days, just because so many people are happy with them. But I'm nervous about the squeeze bottle thing. I don't want to mess with it, and I don't want to worry about "I didn't squeeze it" or "I squeezed it too hard and it's flooded" and all that stuff. But so many people post such nice things about them, I don't think I can just write off the Reo without trying one.

MickeyRat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2011
Hickory, NC
I think I want a higher voltage than that 510 mod will do. VV would be nice, but I might consider a 5v or 6v non variable system. Madvapes also has a low end VV box mod, and some pretty, low cost tube mods that will do 6v or 3.7, depending on the batteries you put in them.

Sounds like you need to look at a roughstack.

Baldr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2011
Dallas, Tx
I've looked at the roughstack, but I don't like the button on the top like that. I'd like to try a liquinator, and the button is in a bad position for using a liquinator or other large tank system.

This looks like a low cost system that I might pick up soon. 6v with 2 15270 batteries.
Blue Lightning Tube Mod

With plans to get a Provari later on. Even if I had the cash for the provari right now, the website for them says there is a 3 week backlog. I'm not too big on waiting until I have the money, and then another 3 weeks after that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread