Box mod question!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everybody.
I'm strongly considering getting some sort of box mod, either variable voltage or 5 volt, specifically because I have several SR cartomizers I purchased with my vaporescence liquinator (which I love, but doesn't produce as much vapor as I like.) I've been looking into a kit from madvapes, which includes either a vv box mod or a 5v box mod, two batteries and a charger, along with some cartomizers I will probably not use. The price (around 40 bucks) is very appealing. Are these well built? I'm not opposed to their bland plastic appearance especially if they are reliable, functional and somewhat durable. Any tips are appreciated!

On a side note, I'm also considering buying their drip on demand kit, which would be very nice as I've yet to encounter a vaping experience as satisfying as dripping a 510. I would be using this in conjunction with their box mod. Anybody ever use one of these?

Thanks for the help!

Godzilla

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 3, 2010
Northern California
www.foxyboxmods.com
Madvapes is excellent. I have been using one of their 5v mods for 6 months now (It was my very first mod) the only reason I dont use it any more is I like their VV box mod even more.

Dripping is a little messy on the box mod, so I think a tank system would be best. I think if you are talented at dripping, and know when full is full, leaking juice could be at a minimum. Dripping on them to me is about the only negative, as their is really no place for the leaking juice to go except all over the mod. they are very sturdy, and well worth the money. Plus, their shipping is lightening quick. get a spare set of batteries.

Godzilla, thanks so much. I think I will go with the vv on your recommendation! Price can't be beat. I will also check out Foxy Box Mods as soon as I can reach the site (bandwidth exceeded currently.) Is there a particular resitance of atomizer I should be using given the variation in voltage? I understand most SR atomizers are around 2.3 ohms, and LR atomizers are around 1.5 ohms, give or take some drift in either direction. Also, it seems most people use standard resistance atomizers for voltages up to 6 volts. Is that correct? I've seen resistance ratings of atomizers on various sites ranging from 1 ohm to 5+ ohms. I'm just getting into variable voltage information, and without the protection of the circuitry in a device like the provari I'm a little concerned about frying batteries.

Thanks so much for all the help. Greatly appreciated!

Dalton63841

Moved On
Feb 14, 2011
Maine
2.5-3ohms is best for high voltage. Higher than 3 ohms is really for those 7.4v vapers out there.

Also, I was plugging Foxy Box for Godzilla LOL. You can PM him about them. He actually is a great guy and a great vendor.

EDIT: It should not be misconstrued that I think badly of the madvapes box. Like I said, they work great. I was just pointing out a slightly better option if you are willing to spend the slightly higher cost.

EDIT: As it turns out, I was incorrect about the Evercool. Godzilla does not in fact currently use it. However, I would still highly recommend Godzilla, because he is known around here, has a great reputation, and while some people do complain about the madvapes box(mostly reports of the fire button sticking occasionally), I have never seen a negative comment written about a Foxy Box.
Godzilla, thanks so much. I think I will go with the vv on your recommendation! Price can't be beat. I will also check out Foxy Box Mods as soon as I can reach the site (bandwidth exceeded currently.) Is there a particular resitance of atomizer I should be using given the variation in voltage? I understand most SR atomizers are around 2.3 ohms, and LR atomizers are around 1.5 ohms, give or take some drift in either direction. Also, it seems most people use standard resistance atomizers for voltages up to 6 volts. Is that correct? I've seen resistance ratings of atomizers on various sites ranging from 1 ohm to 5+ ohms. I'm just getting into variable voltage information, and without the protection of the circuitry in a device like the provari I'm a little concerned about frying batteries.

Thanks so much for all the help. Greatly appreciated!

Last edited:
Oh! I understand! Did not mean to be rude. I see now that Godzilla is a supplier! I will definitely check them out. I'm not at all opposed to spending a little extra cash for what is obviously a better pv, or even purchasing batteries and chargers separately. Still can't reach the site, but I'll keep trying. Did manage to find some pics on google images though! Thanks Dalton and Godzilla for all the good info.

GolemGolem

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2011
Arkansas
Well since we are all loving on Godzilla I do hafta say. It's love well placed. I use one of his 5v and other than a passthru a guy at work made me, it's all I use. Plus guy at work didn't start making his own till he tried mine and cursed a bit and started making his own, Godzilla's box is still better than his, dude's pass thru is a work of art though...

Last edited:

Dalton63841

Moved On
Feb 14, 2011
Maine
You should view my EDIT per this post: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/mods/226434-box-mod-question.html#post4200949

Sorry for the misinformation.

Also, I saw no example of you being rude LOL. Your question was well placed... I think they just don't like suppliers to plug their own business outside of their own threads, which is why Godzilla never mentioned his own.
Oh! I understand! Did not mean to be rude. I see now that Godzilla is a supplier! I will definitely check them out. I'm not at all opposed to spending a little extra cash for what is obviously a better pv, or even purchasing batteries and chargers separately. Still can't reach the site, but I'll keep trying. Did manage to find some pics on google images though! Thanks Dalton and Godzilla for all the good info.

Mbradst

Jun 20, 2011
NW Ohio

Dalton63841

Moved On
Feb 14, 2011
Maine
I LOVE my box mod from krimson kustoms. It is his VV 14500 x 2 evercool. Pretty sweet, priced right as well. You can vape the heck out of it and it does not get hot.

The only thing I don't like about the Krimsons, and this is just a personal observation mind you, is the use of those transluscent colored boxes. Those may look better, but they are also easier to crack if they take a hard fall than the standard black ones because it is a different type of plastic.

Nomoreash

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2010
Chattanooga, TN
The only thing I don't like about the Krimsons, and this is just a personal observation mind you, is the use of those transluscent colored boxes. Those may look better, but they are also easier to crack if they take a hard fall than the standard black ones because it is a different type of plastic.

He'll do a white or black box if you want him to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread